Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Whatevers... we hardly knew ya

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Alabama Whatevers... we hardly knew ya
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
Goodbye, you Jay Barker-humped pile of All Americal Football League turds.  I hate that you disgraced Karibe Dede like you did, but I won't miss you.  How could I? You were never actually there. 

According to al.com, the league is about to fold.  God-awful marketing and a piss-poor concept will do that to you sometimes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

Re: Alabama Whatevers... we hardly knew ya
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:20:49 PM »
That's funny.  I saw the first AAFL commercial last night, urging everyone to come out and support "Team Alabama."  It showed nothing but Crimson Turd highlights throughout the commercial. 

Great marketing ploy there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
Best news I've heard all day. Fuck that league, fuck their fucking fucked up marketing campaign, and fuck the food stamp swapping for tickets assholes that would have filled the stands to watch this bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »
Fuck Me, I hope I get a refund on my season tickets :devil:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Jumbo

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 01:24:02 AM »
All American Football League on verge of scrapping inaugural season
8 hours ago

ATLANTA — The new All American Football League will postpone its 2008 season unless it finds additional financial backing.

The announcement Thursday came less than a week before camps were to open for the six-team league.

The league, which held its inaugural draft in January, has rosters and staffs in place for six teams: Detroit; Little Rock, Ark; Gainesville, Fla.; Birmingham, Ala.; Knoxville, Tenn., and Houston.

Training camps were scheduled to open Wednesday, followed by the first games in April.

The league will push its plans back to 2009 unless it secures a TV deal or other funding.

The league announced Thursday it was exploring "multiple financing options" to address its funding crisis.

League chief executive officer Marcus Katz said Thursday night that discussions continue with several prospective investors. A statement released by the league and attributed to Katz said the start of pre-season training camps will be "delayed briefly" with plans for games to begin on April 12.

The AAFL was formed to fill the void created when the NFL shut down NFL Europe earlier this year after 16 seasons. That league was losing a reported US$30 million a season, and now the AAFL, lacking a TV deal, also faces a financial crisis before it can stage its first game.

Among the first players drafted on Jan. 26 were quarterbacks Bryan Randall, by Tennessee, and Eric Crouch, by Texas. Former Troy offensive lineman Zarah Yisrael was drafted No. 1 overall by Arkansas.

According to a statement released by the league, the AAFL's financial problems are tied to the national subprime mortgage crisis.

Katz co-founded a company that provides student loans.

The statement said camps would open Wednesday "if liquidity can be immediately restored."

If not, plans for an inaugural season will be pushed back to 2009.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 09:56:42 AM »
Awww... I take it that you wittle feewens were upset at the teaming being called Alabama. Could be that the state is called Alabama, not Auburn, and we have a larger fanbase than you? It's called business, and you market to the biggest audience.  :fu:  :pb:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:14:10 AM »
It's called business, and you market to the biggest audience.  :fu:  :pb:

Not completely true.  You gear your marketing towards the largest customer base WITHOUT alienating the rest of your potential customers in the process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 10:22:50 AM »
Not completely true.  You gear your marketing towards the largest customer base WITHOUT alienating the rest of your potential customers in the process.

It's obvious ash, eh hem, el guapo doesn't know much about marketing.   Even a little basic research into the local area would have told that group not to market soley to the Crimson audience.  Very poor marketing job.  Even down to the commercials.  Terrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
Sani your are 100% correct sir! :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 11:58:29 PM »
Awww... I take it that you wittle feewens were upset at the teaming being called Alabama. Could be that the state is called Alabama, not Auburn, and we have a larger fanbase than you? It's called business, and you market to the biggest audience.  :fu:  :pb:
No, it's more proof that gulible bama dickholes will buy anything as long as it has ties to tha tahd. Why else would they play that stupid assed rammer jammer bullshit? Is that the state song? No, it's the mating call of a bunch of inbred bama fucktard suckers that are more than willing to throw their rent money at anything and everything that has to do with that piece of shit football team in tuscaloosa.

At first, I thought the marketing team for this catastrophe should be hanged. The more I think about it, the more I think they had it right all along. No one else but an idiot would buy into this horseshit, and where better to find a willing sucker than in the bama wear section of teh Wal Mark. These poor, ill-educated saps were the only hope for this snake oil/medicine man show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
It's obvious ash, eh hem, el guapo doesn't know much about marketing.   Even a little basic research into the local area would have told that group not to market soley to the Crimson audience.  Very poor marketing job.  Even down to the commercials.  Terrible.

You mean you didn't enjoy hearing Rammer Jammer every time the AAFL was advertised? 

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?  Typical Bammer education. 

I'm sure all the executives in charge of TV deals are Auburn fans trying to keep the Bammer alums down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
You mean you didn't enjoy hearing Rammer Jammer every time the AAFL was advertised? 

Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?  Typical Bammer education. 

I'm sure all the executives in charge of TV deals are Auburn fans trying to keep the Bammer alums down. 

Has there EVERRRR been anything, that DIDN'T go Bammer's way, that DIDN'T take the "It's just a plot by the man to bring down my people" stance?

If it wasn't for individuals suffering from an extra chromosome or two, there wouldn't be Bama fucking ANYTHING in this state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 01:15:11 AM »
Boo hoo.  Anybody in bammerham who really cared to see a bunch of guys paid to play for a bammer team will just have to go 40 miles further down I-59 now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 01:50:05 PM »
Haha! You guys sound like a bunch of pissy little bitches that didn't get invited to a party. Hell, it was giving Auburn guys a chance to play also, but fuck them! They play for Alabama now. You guys sound like elitist douche bags. If you had a problem with the league, or the team, email the fucking heads of the AAFL. Sitting on a board and moaning about it fixes nothing. Bitching just to bitch it what it seems like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »
Haha! You guys sound like a bunch of pissy little bitches that didn't get invited to a party. Hell, it was giving Auburn guys a chance to play also, but fuck them! They play for Alabama now. You guys sound like elitist douche bags. If you had a problem with the league, or the team, email the fucking heads of the AAFL. Sitting on a board and moaning about it fixes nothing. Bitching just to bitch it what it seems like.

Nothing to bitch about.  It was a bad idea, poorly executed.  At least this turd never saw the light of day. 

You just sound like a douchebag.  At least we're elitist. 

For the record?  I did email the team and the league.  I told them what I thought of their marketing strategy.   If they had marketed it as a unified team with appeal to the entire state -- without purposely urinating in the face of Auburn fans with the Jay Barker-pimped Rammer Jammer ads -- then maybe we wouldn't enjoy it's ultimate flop as much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
How can you type so much with your boyfriends dick in your mouth? :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 03:49:19 PM »
How can you type so much with your boyfriends dick in your mouth? :taunt:

It's not that difficult. It's a little penis.

Nothing to bitch about.  It was a bad idea, poorly executed.  At least this turd never saw the light of day. 

You just sound like a douchebag.  At least we're elitist. 

For the record?  I did email the team and the league.  I told them what I thought of their marketing strategy.   If they had marketed it as a unified team with appeal to the entire state -- without purposely urinating in the face of Auburn fans with the Jay Barker-pimped Rammer Jammer ads -- then maybe we wouldn't enjoy it's ultimate flop as much. 

Hey, at least you did something. I find it hard to believe that Auburn fans are so happy to see this fail when it gives your guys a chance too. Also, I heard may ads for the Alabama team on JOX that Al Del Greco did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »

It's not that difficult. It's a little penis.

Hey, at least you did something. I find it hard to believe that Auburn fans are so happy to see this fail when it gives your guys a chance too. Also, I heard may ads for the Alabama team on JOX that Al Del Greco did.

Listen fuckstick, if you can't gather that the obvious fact that a marketing firm from Bumblescrew, Wyoming somewhere, thought blindly that marketing to the fucking redneck retardation bammers would score, then you're exactly what we already gathered, you're an extra chromosome inflicted unibrowed inbred bricked foreheaded hairy waterhead fucktard.  Well, as it turns out, like anything else that is marketed to the incorrect crowd, buyer or prospect, it flopped miserably. 

This isn't about players getting a second chance.  If they were good enough to play in the real leagues, they'd play.   This league was built around making an extra buck on the backs of players from the past.   It was incorrectly and ignorantly marketed to a thin market (Alabama rednecks), and now it's going to fail.

Nobody gives a shit what your bitch ass has to say at that league office, or here.  They don't care what we say.  We can write letters all day.  Nobody here wants to organize a sit in, or walk out, or march on Montgomery over this bullshit, so get your boyfriends mini-dick out your mouth and see this for what it is.

Just another example of Auburn guys laughing their collective asses off at the Alabama douchebag nation and their failed football experiment.  You guys are death to anyone and anything associated with your piece of shit program.  It's FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how your comeback was to tell us how easy it was to suck your boyfriends "little penis" though.  ...fucking brilliant.  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 04:13:48 PM »

I find it hard to believe that Auburn fans are so happy to see this fail when it gives your guys a chance too.

The only Auburn player that was going to be on the team that I am aware of is Karibi Dede, whom I do feel bad for.

However, Karibi is an incredibly smart guy and I have no doubt that if he does not make it in the CFL, he will be just fine out in the real world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »
Listen fuckstick, if you can't gather that the obvious fact that a marketing firm from Bumblescrew, Wyoming somewhere, thought blindly that marketing to the fucking redneck retardation bammers would score, then you're exactly what we already gathered, you're an extra chromosome inflicted unibrowed inbred bricked foreheaded hairy waterhead fucktard.  Well, as it turns out, like anything else that is marketed to the incorrect crowd, buyer or prospect, it flopped miserably. 

This isn't about players getting a second chance.  If they were good enough to play in the real leagues, they'd play.   This league was built around making an extra buck on the backs of players from the past.   It was incorrectly and ignorantly marketed to a thin market (Alabama rednecks), and now it's going to fail.

Nobody gives a shit what your bitch ass has to say at that league office, or here.  They don't care what we say.  We can write letters all day.  Nobody here wants to organize a sit in, or walk out, or march on Montgomery over this bullshit, so get your boyfriends mini-dick out your mouth and see this for what it is.

Just another example of Auburn guys laughing their collective asses off at the Alabama douchebag nation and their failed football experiment.  You guys are death to anyone and anything associated with your piece of shit program.  It's FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how your comeback was to tell us how easy it was to suck your boyfriends "little penis" though.  ...fucking brilliant.  :rofl:

You are aware that if the league does fold, it's not because they marketed to the incorrect crowd, right? Just because you have this moronic idea that there are more Auburn fans than Alabama, and they should have pushed there shit on you is laughable. I'm going to assume that's not what you meant.

The crack on 'Bama fans about being inbred, retard, toe sucking, male ass fucking, cum drinking, meth making, dick cheese eating, fuckmoe's is stupid. Most of the 'Bama fans that live in the state are the same goddamn people as Auburn fans. I forget though that depending on who you cheer for, matters whether or not you have webbed feet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!