Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alabama Whatevers... we hardly knew ya

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Alabama Whatevers... we hardly knew ya
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »
Most of the 'Bama fans that live in the state are the same goddamn people as Auburn fans.
Hardly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Aubie16

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »

You are aware that if the league does fold, it's not because they marketed to the incorrect crowd, right? Just because you have this moronic idea that there are more Auburn fans than Alabama, and they should have pushed there shit on you is laughable. I'm going to assume that's not what you meant.

Thats the thing. They didn't have to choose which team to market it towards. They could have marketed it to the state of Alabama. There was never any need to play Rammer Jammer, War Eagle, or any other fight song during the ads. If they had marketed it as the state of Alabama team vs. the state of Texas team, etc, they would have been much more successful.

If they fans were split 95-5, then yeah, alienating one fan base is fine. However, since the split is probably 60-40 or 65-35...it was a horrible idea to alienate 35 percent of your possible fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »
Thats the thing. They didn't have to choose which team to market it towards. They could have marketed it to the state of Alabama. There was never any need to play Rammer Jammer, War Eagle, or any other fight song during the ads. If they had marketed it as the state of Alabama team vs. the state of Texas team, etc, they would have been much more successful.

If they fans were split 95-5, then yeah, alienating one fan base is fine. However, since the split is probably 60-40 or 65-35...it was a horrible idea to alienate 35 percent of your possible fans.

You are probably right, but Texas uses that burnt orange for their color... And though I have seen none of the other states programs, I would assume they just take the top, or assumed top, program for the state and used their colors and the whatnot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 05:05:24 PM »

You are aware that if the league does fold, it's not because they marketed to the incorrect crowd, right? Just because you have this moronic idea that there are more Auburn fans than Alabama, and they should have pushed there shit on you is laughable. I'm going to assume that's not what you meant.

The crack on 'Bama fans about being inbred, retard, toe sucking, male ass fucking, cum drinking, meth making, dick cheese eating, fuckmoe's is stupid. Most of the 'Bama fans that live in the state are the same goddamn people as Auburn fans. I forget though that depending on who you cheer for, matters whether or not you have webbed feet.

You don't get it at all, do you?

The problem with this team/league is that it was marketed poorly.  It's not that it should have been marketed exclusively to Auburn fans it's that in the marketing for this drunken donkey of a league, they pissed in the face of a large segment of the state's population.  

Whether you recognize it or not, most Auburn fans think Rammer Jammer is a classless cheer and only appropriate to throw back in the face of disconsolate Alabama fans after scalding your ass.  Only after there was disdain clearly expressed by Auburn fans did this floating turd league attempt to back up and try some half-ass appeasement efforts.  

We don't WANT to watch former Auburn players in Crimson jerseys "celebrating the legacy that is Alabama football".  We're, frankly, OFFENDED by it.  

Turn it around the other way.  New league coming to Birmingham. Going to call itself the Birmingham Eagles.  Blue jerseys with orange and white trim. White helmets with orange and blue trim.  Stan White, Randy Campbell and Lionel James are the front men for the team.  They hold a draft and pick up two dozen Auburn players and Ken Darby.  The radio commercials play "Glory, Glory to ole Auburn" in the background. You can hear Jim Fyffe screaming TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! faintly.  The audio clips used are from one of the (many) times in recent years that Auburn beat Alabama.  

Would you shed a tear if that league never got off the ground?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »
You don't get it at all, do you?

The problem with this team/league is that it was marketed poorly.  It's not that it should have been marketed exclusively to Auburn fans it's that in the marketing for this drunken donkey of a league, they pissed in the face of a large segment of the state's population. 

Whether you recognize it or not, most Auburn fans think Rammer Jammer is a classless cheer and only appropriate to throw back in the face of disconsolate Alabama fans after scalding your ass.  Only after there was disdain clearly expressed by Auburn fans did this floating turd league attempt to back up and try some half-ass appeasement efforts. 

We don't WANT to watch former Auburn players in Crimson jerseys "celebrating the legacy that is Alabama football".  We're, frankly, OFFENDED by it. 

Turn it around the other way.  New league coming to Birmingham. Going to call itself the Birmingham Eagles.  Blue jerseys with orange and white trim. White helmets with orange and blue trim.  Stan White, Randy Campbell and Lionel James are the front men for the team.  They hold a draft and pick up two dozen Auburn players and Ken Darby.  The radio commercials play "Glory, Glory to ole Auburn" in the background. You can hear Jim Fyffe screaming TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! faintly.  The audio clips used are from one of the (many) times in recent years that Auburn beat Alabama. 

Would you shed a tear if that league never got off the ground?

I am probably the wrong person to ask that last question. I just love watching football. Sure, the only college team I pull for every game is Alabama, but if there is football on, I will watch it. Arena League, CFL, NFLEuropa (when it was around). I just love watching the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »

I am probably the wrong person to ask that last question. I just love watching football. Sure, the only college team I pull for every game is Alabama, but if there is football on, I will watch it. Arena League, CFL, NFLEuropa (when it was around). I just love watching the game.

Come on, guys.  Lay off of him a bit.  The Crimson Tide haven't had a good team in almost a decade.  He's just trying to enjoy the game of football - whatever way he can. 

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
How can you type so much with your boyfriends dick in your mouth? :taunt:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I have some bammer friends that were happy this Shithole League didn't take off, because they didn't want to see another XFL.  The XFL, they said, reminded them of watching women's basketball, college or pro (If it's still around?).  I for one was kinda looking forward to seeing some More Football...only if it wasn't Crappy, like women's basketball or any uat game in any sport.
As for the marketing ploy....Why in Hell would they think it would be a Great Idea to market the New League to a fan base (92,000 Strong is what the Wife Beater T-Shirts say) that couldn't give more than $26,000 (The boosters gave $10,000, so that's not added in) to the Tornado victims during a Practice where uat didn't charge for admission and didn't charge for water?  The average was around .26 cents per person...."Yeah, here's a quarter....Keep the change *wink*."

Hey I have this Great Idea....Okay, let's market this New League, that's hanging on by a thread, to the Ethiopians.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:42:57 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »
One thing I don't think you guys realized is that the league, if it did well, wanted to put a team in Auburn as well. Now, could you imagine that if the marketed the team to both sides, had a neutral jersey, and then put a team in Auburn, who would cheer for them? It wouldn't work very well to have a state team, then another team in the state that was 'Auburn-esc'. See what I mean? This makes sense in my head, but most things do, until I try it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »
One thing I don't think you guys realized is that the league, if it did well, wanted to put a team in Auburn as well. Now, could you imagine that if the marketed the team to both sides, had a neutral jersey, and then put a team in Auburn, who would cheer for them? It wouldn't work very well to have a state team, then another team in the state that was 'Auburn-esc'. See what I mean? This makes sense in my head, but most things do, until I try it.

You are a seriously oblivious fucking idiot.  :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »
You are a seriously oblivious fucking idiot.  :blink:

How so?

Also, I'm going to disagree on the idiot part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Ogre

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »

El Guano is right, I have heard that the AAFL wanted to put a team in Auburn if the league started strong and continued on a couple of seasons.  Too bad that this thinking is doomed from the start.  What Auburn fan would knowingly support a team that they knew would eventually become the UAT has-been squad?  Why wouldn't I just wait until we had a team of Auburn has-beens?  The way I see it, if you're the AAFL you would have one of two choices:

1.  Either have one team per state, and market the team to be for the State of Alabama, instead of a branch of any university, or

2.  Start with two teams, one for UAT and one for Auburn. 

Since the league doesn't have the capital available to start having one team per college, they should have marketed the league to have one team per state, and that team should encompass ALL universities in said state.  (It appears they don't have the capital to have one team per state, either.)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
El Guano is right, I have heard that the AAFL wanted to put a team in Auburn if the league started strong and continued on a couple of seasons.  Too bad that this thinking is doomed from the start.  What Auburn fan would knowingly support a team that they knew would eventually become the UAT has-been squad?  Why wouldn't I just wait until we had a team of Auburn has-beens?  The way I see it, if you're the AAFL you would have one of two choices:

1.  Either have one team per state, and market the team to be for the State of Alabama, instead of a branch of any university, or

2.  Start with two teams, one for UAT and one for Auburn. 

Since the league doesn't have the capital available to start having one team per college, they should have marketed the league to have one team per state, and that team should encompass ALL universities in said state.  (It appears they don't have the capital to have one team per state, either.)

Maybe I just don't like football that much.  The thought of watching a bunch of unable-to-cut-it-in-the-NFL Auburn players doesn't excite me at all. 

If there ever was an Auburn AAFL team, would you really enjoy watching this lineup?

QB - Brandon Cox
RB - Tre Smith
FB - Jake Slaughter
WR  - Jeris McIntyre
WR - Silas Daniels
WR  - Lee Guess
OL - Troy Reddick
OL - Monreko Crittenden

DE - Brett Eddins
DT - Roderick Chambers
LB - Travis Williams
LB - Kevin Sears
CB - Montae Pitts
CB - Horace Willis
SS - Junior Rosegreen (this one would be fun)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 09:25:17 AM »
Maybe I just don't like football that much.  The thought of watching a bunch of unable-to-cut-it-in-the-NFL Auburn players doesn't excite me at all. 

If there ever was an Auburn AAFL team, would you really enjoy watching this lineup?

QB - Brandon Cox
RB - Tre Smith
FB - Jake Slaughter
WR  - Jeris McIntyre
WR - Silas Daniels
WR  - Lee Guess
OL - Troy Reddick
OL - Monreko Crittenden

DE - Brett Eddins
DT - Roderick Chambers
LB - Travis Williams
LB - Kevin Sears
CB - Montae Pitts
CB - Horace Willis
SS - Junior Rosegreen (this one would be fun)

This is bullshit.  I wouldn't watch unless I can watch the Lizard and Rusty Williams run circles in the backfield around Cox a few times..  That's funny and good quality entertainment.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:26:13 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions