Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Um, shit... Oh well, you have Trent Richardson...Alabama's Ingram injures knee

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
But....unless Trent gets hurt against SJS or during the PSU game, I wouldn't think this would affect them tremendously. Ingram didn't particularly fare well against Auburn but they still won the game. It does make PSU at least interesting now. I think those boys from the Northeast are gonna have leg cramps in record numbers down here in Sept.

I said the same thing about USCw in 03...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
I said the same thing about USCw in 03...

except at Penn St it snows....a lot.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Re: Um, poop... Oh well, you have Trent Richardson...Alabama's Ingram injures kn
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
But....unless Trent gets hurt against SJS or during the PSU game, I wouldn't think this would affect them tremendously. Ingram didn't particularly fare well against Auburn but they still won the game. It does make PSU at least interesting now. I think those boys from the Northeast are gonna have leg cramps in record numbers down here in Sept.

Word on the street is that Eddie Lacy (3rd string) will tote the rock Saturday for the majority of the time. Trent will play but a heavy dose of Eddie is coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Um, poop... Oh well, you have Trent Richardson...Alabama's Ingram injures kn
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 10:23:51 AM »
Word on the street is that Eddie Lacy (3rd string) will tote the rock Saturday for the majority of the time. Trent will play but a heavy dose of Eddie is coming.
Now I'm even more glad he redshirted last season. Being able to tote the rock is good, but you have to know your protections and be able to pick up blitzes. Especially with how much we turn the TE loose. I think alot of people overlook that aspect of it. If he turns out to be as good as I think he will, having him, Ingram, and Richardson in the stable is one hell of a combination. Then you still have a guy like Corey Grant as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »
Now I'm even more glad he redshirted last season. Being able to tote the rock is good, but you have to know your protections and be able to pick up blitzes. Especially with how much we turn the TE loose. I think alot of people overlook that aspect of it. If he turns out to be as good as I think he will, having him, Ingram, and Richardson in the stable is one hell of a combination. Then you still have a guy like Corey Grant as well.

I wouldn't count on Grant as much as a pure RB. I watched a few of his games in HS in person. It seemed that he liked to avoid contact which would really go against McElwain's style. He's more of an outside guy like McCalebb. I'd say he is a PR unless an emergency happens with MI, TR and EL all out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »
I wouldn't count on Grant as much as a pure RB. I watched a few of his games in HS in person. It seemed that he liked to avoid contact which would really go against McElwain's style. He's more of an outside guy like McCalebb. I'd say he is a PR unless an emergency happens with MI, TR and EL all out.

You are correct sir!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
I think in the future he will become another wrinkle in the offense. Like you, I think he would be good on the outside, let him play some slot, etc. I think he would be good in that role. But no, he's not going to be an every down bruiser like Ingram/Richardson/Lacy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

As Ive had 2 of these procedures on the same knee, both between the ages of 18-23, you are correct. You don't come back from a scope after a week or two - unless you want to ruin your knee forever.

You can't tell most bammers that...they start throwing out the "you're obsessed" bullshit if you do.   Cause we all know that Auburn fans discussing relevant bammer news means we're obsessed with bammer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The minute I heard "scoped" I thought, well, there goes half his season.  Even with the most minimal procedure, the pounding the knee would take would never allow it to heal properly.  The initial reports of him probably just missing the SJS game were a little premature IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

The minute I heard "scoped" I thought, well, there goes half his season.  Even with the most minimal procedure, the pounding the knee would take would never allow it to heal properly.  The initial reports of him probably just missing the SJS game were a little premature IMO.

But it's what bammers wanted to hear, and the Alabama News Media aint ever gonna say or print shit that bammers don't want to hear or read.   See they print that now, and when Saban tells them something else, they'll drone on about how Saban was using the media to speak to his team or as a recruiting tool because he measures every word he says for those two reasons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 02:04:05 PM »
McCalebb just stepped out of bounds, because this thread was about to tackle him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

Saban said that Ingram would be out for SJSU, that it would be taken on a week-to-week basis beyond that point, and they expected a relatively short recovery time frame. I took that as 3-4 games, at least. If somebody took that as "will probably play week 2", that's their fault for being stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Saban said that Ingram would be out for SJSU, that it would be taken on a week-to-week basis beyond that point, and they expected a relatively short recovery time frame. I took that as 3-4 games, at least. If somebody took that as "will probably play week 2", that's their fault for being stupid.

You gots lots of stupid people that follow your program....now that Birmingham is gone I will include, present company excluded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
I took that as 3-4 games, at least. If somebody took that as "will probably play week 2", that's their fault for being stupid.
While I agree with your statement...Rick Karle and company are saying it more like "he will be out 1 week and then it is week-to-week after that" so as not to start a riot at the spot where Saban's statue will someday sit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
McCalebb just stepped out of bounds, because this thread was about to tackle him.

My secretary just looked in to see why I was laughing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
My secretary just looked in to see why I was laughing.
I knew you'd like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
He tore his meniscus, right?  I was reading something in SI last night, unrelated story, about a golfer, not sure which one, that tore his meniscus and was out six weeks after scope.  That is a golfer.  Non-contact sport.  No running involved.  Six weeks...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
He tore his meniscus, right?  I was reading something in SI last night, unrelated story, about a golfer, not sure which one, that tore his meniscus and was out six weeks after scope.  That is a golfer.  Non-contact sport.  No running involved.  Six weeks...

You take that shit back right now, missy!  Coarch Saban said it would be week-to-week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
You take that shit back right now, missy!  Coarch Saban said it would be week-to-week.
I consider it my obligation, nay, my DUTY, to dash as much cold water as possible on the dreams of the turd nation at every opportunity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
I agree with the wench, I got over/under at 6 weeks.

Any Takers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum