Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Um, shit... Oh well, you have Trent Richardson...Alabama's Ingram injures knee

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Alabama's Mark Ingram out for opener

Alabama running back Mark Ingram suffered a knee injury late in Monday's practice, coach Nick Saban announced in a statement Tuesday, and has been ruled out for Saturday's season opener against San Jose State.

Ingram, who last year became the first Crimson Tide player to win a Heisman Trophy, had "an arthroscopic procedure" done Tuesday morning, according to the statement.

"It was a situation where everyone involved thought it would be better to take care of now, so he would not have any issues with it later in the season," Saban said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5515780
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
That sucks for the kid.

As for bama... :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Token

Still rolling 4 deep, bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Ha...that just soleedofies Trent Richerdsen's run for the Hysman this yeer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Token I feel the same way but Trent is second string for a reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Token

Token I feel the same way but Trent is second string for a reason.

Your face is second string for a reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

I have said it before and it bears repeating:

Richardson>Ingram
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
The jerk store called
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
I have said it before and it bears repeating:

Richardson>Ingram
Wait are you saying the the by god Heisman trophy winning Mark Ingram is replaceable???  Shirley you must be joking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ahhh, it's probably just the ole "hip-pointer" flaring up again....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Wait are you saying the the by god Heisman trophy winning Mark Ingram is replaceable???  Shirley you must be joking.
He's not joking, and don't call him Shirley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

The jerk store called

Tell 'em I'll be back after I finish off your mom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

Everyone is replacable.

Even David Ward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Ha...that just soleedofies Trent Richerdsen's run for the Hysman this yeer.
TrentfurHysman.com just went up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

Tell 'em I'll be back after I finish off your mom.

"Well, I slept with your wife!"

"His wife died of cancer."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
"Well, I slept with your wife!"

"His wife died of cancer."

"His wife is in a coma"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Alabama's Heisman Trophy-winning tailback Mark Ingram underwent arthroscopic surgery this morning on his left knee, according to a statement by Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban.

Ingram will be out for Saturday's game against San Jose State and evaluated on a week-to-week basis after that. Alabama hosts Penn State on Sept. 11 and visits Duke on Sept. 18.

"It was a situation where everyone involved thought it would be better to take care of now, so he would not have any issues with it later in the season," Saban said.

Ingram, a junior, hurt his knee late in practice on Monday. Saban said this morning's minor surgery was successful and performed by Dr. Lyle Cain and Dr. James Andrews.

The normal recovery for a knee scope is a few weeks.

"We have full confidence in our medical staff and we know the doctors and athletic trainers will do an outstanding job in taking care of Mark and assisting him in his rehab," Saban said.

"Mark will definitely be out for this week's game against San Jose State and we will manage this on a week to week basis beyond this week. We will make every decision in the future based on what's best for Mark and his career as we consult with Dr. Cain and Dr. Andrews on his progress. This is not an injury that will affect Mark's future ability to make a full recovery in a relatively short time frame."

Trent Richardson will step into the starting role for this weekend's game with redshirt freshman Eddie Lacy becoming the backup.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/mark_ingram_undergoes_minor_kn.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

"Mark will definitely be out for this week's game against San Jose State and we will manage this on a week to week basis beyond this week. We will make every decision in the future based on what's best for Mark and his career as we consult with Dr. Cain and Dr. Andrews on his progress. This is not an injury that will affect Mark's future ability to make a full recovery in a relatively short time frame."

Translation to English:  We don't need him to shit stomp San Jose State, but if Penn State is within two touchdowns, you can bet your ass he will be on the field, his pro career be damned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I think we have a little skewed perception of Mr. Ingram since Auburn stuffed him and the feeling was that he waved the white flag.  However.....Auburn was the only one that's stopped him in 2 years time. 

Richardson is definitely a bad ass but you let him take a helmet to the knee or roll an ankle Saturday. With Ingram out, that changes things big time.  You go from the best 1-2 punch in the nation to wondering who is going to step up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

That hurts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban