Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who From Auburn Shit In This Guy's Cheerios?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Who From Auburn Shit In This Guy's Cheerios?
« on: August 26, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/08/26/the-secs-most-obnoxious-fans-theres-a-new-orange-no-1/

The SEC’s most obnoxious fans: There’s a new orange No. 1
10:32 am August 26, 2010, by Mark Bradley

Tim Tebow's jorts have been stolen, sort of.

Our inaugural ranking of the SEC’s most obnoxious fans was presented in 2008, and much has changed over 24 months. Mississippi State has switched coaches. Auburn has switched coaches. (Then again, when doesn’t Auburn switch coaches?) Tennessee has switched coaches twice. Kentucky’s coach quit. Vanderbilt’s coach just quit. Florida’s coach quit and un-quit.

Amid such flux, it’s only fair that our rankings don’t remain static. Indeed, I’m proud — actually, I’m not sure if “proud” is the proper word — to note that our new rankings are completely different. Not one of the 12 positions has gone unchanged, which says … well, I don’t know what it says. But there we are.

A note: I asked for your input the other day, and I have taken your thoughts under the deepest advisement. Indeed, the results of our little poll are included herein. But I must stress that these are my rankings, and I’m a neutral. (Full disclosure: I’m a graduate of Kentucky, which hopes one day to start a football program.)

Oh, and I probably should mention that I attended my first SEC game in 1969, covered my first SEC game in 1976 and have seen a game at every SEC stadium. Meaning: I might be an idiot, but I’m a well-traveled idiot.

And with that, I hereby unveil the 2010 rankings of the SEC’s most obnoxious fans. In honor of our previous champion, fans of the new title-holder are required by executive order to wear jean shorts for the next two years.

12. Tennessee (No. 7 in 2008, No. 4 in 2010 AJC.com poll): Purely a sympathy vote. The formerly Big Orange has seen itself massively devalued from within. It has a lousy AD who hired the brat Lane Kiffin, and now this program is in a world of hurt. (In a display of bravery, the lousy AD just canceled a series with North Carolina) Put simply, I feel sorry for Tennessee fans. They deserve better than ham-handed Mike Hamilton.

11. Vanderbilt (No. 10 in 2008, No. 10 in 2010 AJC.com poll): It’s never a good sign when a coach quits a month before summer camp convenes, but that’s what Bobby Johnson did. He did it because he was tired of losing. Johnson is a fine football man who stands as Vandy’s best coach in the past quarter-century. He went 12-52 in league play. Imagine having to watch that every season, world without end.

10. Kentucky (No. 11 in 2008, No. 11 in 2010 AJC.com poll): Big Blue football rooters didn’t do anything obnoxious these past two seasons. Big Blue rooters save the obnoxious behavior for basketball, a sport for which they have no peers regarding exess. They’ve only moved up — or down, depending on your point of view — to No. 10 because I happened to feel really sorry for Tennessee and Vandy.

9. Mississippi State (No. 12 in 2008, No. 12 in 2010 AJC.com poll): Backers of the maroon Bulldog believe Dan Mullen can win more than his share of games. If so, it would  only trigger the scariest words in the English language: More cowbell!

8. Ole Miss (No. 9 in 2008, No. 9 in 2010 AJC.com poll): I can handle Rebel fans most years, but occasionally they’ll get all geeked up and  start sounding like Georgia or South Carolina folks. (“This is finally our year! This time for sure!”) For the Rebels, last season was such a time. Naturally, they went 4-4 in SEC play, including an egg-on-the-face loss to Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl. And now coach Houston Nutt, who’s nutty, has allowed quarterback Jeremiah Masoli to walk on despite having been kicked off the Oregon squad and having pleaded guilty in separate incidents. Nutt has promised “zero tolerance” regarding Masoli. Me, I anticipate more egg on the Ole Miss face.

7. South Carolina (No. 6 in 2008, No. 7 in 2010 AJC.com poll): I keep thinking the Gamecocks are going to be really good this year. I also keep wondering what will happen with their fans — who have thought the Gamecocks are going to be really good every year since ‘92 (and I mean 1892) — are finally proved right.

6. LSU (No. 8 in 2008, No. 5 in 2010 AJC.com poll): Here’s where you and I disagree the most. I’ve always considered a trip to Tiger Stadium a treat. Then again, I don’t sit in the stands, an experience I’ve been led to believe is  most challenging. But I will tell you this: The best scripted moment in all of college football is when the Golden Band from Tigerland and the Golden Girls conduct their pregame march to midfield. Beats Ohio State’s “Script Ohio” six ways to Saturday.

5. Alabama (No. 4 in 2008, No. 3 in 2010 AJC.com poll): Being old enough to have seen Alabama under the Bear, I dreaded the thought of the Tide rising again to eminence. In the ’70s and ’80s, there were no worse fans. (Except maybe Kentucky basketball fans, and even then it was a coin flip.) But I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the relative moderation that has accompanied Bama’s latest national championship. Maybe this has to do with Nick Saban, who never crows and is never satisfied. Whatever the case, I offer this relatively benign ranking as a thank-you.

4. Georgia (No. 3 in 2008, No. 2 in 2010 AJC.com poll): If it’s possible to have sympathy for folks who take pride in trashing their own campus, I have some sympathy for Dawg-lovers. Because I think every Georgia road game this autumn is going to be off the hook. I think this because of Damon Evans and red panties.

3. Arkansas (No. 5 in 2008, No. 7 in 2010 AJC.com poll): It wasn’t enough that Hog fans ran off Houston Nutt and welcomed Bobby Petrino as a conquering hero, not the sinking-ship-deserting rat he was. But now apparently you have to pass a loyalty test to work for an Arkansas radio station. (Reporter Renee Gork was fired after wearing a Florida hat to a press conference; being Petrino, he noticed and objected.) And Hog fans reacted as if her dismissal was a good thing. Where’s Edward R. Murrow when you need him?

2. Florida (No. 1 in 2008, No. 1 in 2010 AJC.com poll): I know, I know. It takes effort not to put the hated Gators — and they’re hated in every SEC outpost, not just Athens, Ga. — at the top of anything involving the word “obnoxious.” But I have to confess: I never understood why everybody hated Tim Tebow. He was a really good player who seemed like a really good guy. If he played for Georgia or Alabama, would those fans have not similarly lionized him? But if you’re asking me to defend jorts … well, that line I will not cross.

1. Auburn (No. 2 in 2008, No. 6 in 2010 AJC.com poll): Because Tiger fans still worship at the tainted feet of Pat Dye. Because they run off coaches on a whim. Because they’ve grown as arrogant as Alabama backers without one-tenth the justification. Because they’re still whining over the national championship they didn’t win in 2004. Because the world’s worst fan — the Montgomery banker Bobby Lowder — is an Auburn man. And because I would pay money (though not a lot) to see Bobby Lowder in jean shorts.

Wow, what an off-basse, ill-informed pile of shit list this is.

Then again, when doesn’t Auburn switch coaches?
WTF? How about more often than most teams in the SEC?

Auburn has had 4 coaches in 30 years, compared to Bammer having 4 in 10 years.  Tuberville had been there for a decade (the longest tenured in the SEC at the time) and was the conductor for the trainwreck that was 2008 when we made the switch, and that's supposed to be "on a whim"? 4 In 30 years is at least tied for the least turnover in the entire SEC. Same for 2 in the last 10 years. Both are elite clubs.

This is by far the dumbest statement I've seen in a "legitimate" blog.

He then continues the stupid. We all "worship at the tainted feet of Pat Dye"? Really? Have you SEEN a bammer fan? They fucking see Bear Bryant in the clouds, for Christ's sake. How we can catch shit for this is beyond me. We're as arrogant as Alabama backers? Really? I'm at a loss for words. Whining over a NC they didn't win til 2004? First of all that's justified, as we're the only undefeated team in SEC history to not be named NC, but I digress. It had been forgotten until the FWAA just made it an issue again. Not us. Bobby Lowder is retired and virtually out of site these days, otherwise that would be the only remotely valid claim in the whole pile of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Who From Auburn Shit In This Guy's Cheerios?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
It's pretty laughable.   Of course, submitting any facts to such a rube, would only insite more vitrol from said writer, as he takes it as evidence to prove his point. Gah, to prove him wrong...the thought!

Fuck that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »
We all "worship at the tainted feet of Pat Dye"

Whore Shit.....He came onto my grandpaw's farm, one time, and we told him to get the fuck off of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
Whore Shit.....He came onto my grandpaw's farm, one time, and we told him to get the fuck off of it.

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
Who's Pat Dye?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47:54 PM »

So YOU'RE Greasy Weasal!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 10:57:34 PM »
 Mark Bradley obviously has his head up his ass. He got an email suggesting such.

Along with a couple of other suggestions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
Who is this guy anyway? He is a nobody. If his shit was to make it into the Sunday paper, it would be buried b/w the obituaries and coupons. Nobody gives a fuck. Kaos smokes his ass in a paper pipe when it comes to writing skillz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »
It's pretty laughable.   Of course, submitting any facts to such a rube, would only insite more vitrol from said writer, as he takes it as evidence to prove his point. Gah, to prove him wrong...the thought!

Fuck that guy.

THIS...

Replying to the piece of shit will only give him ammo to say "see my point? they are proving it with the comments below".....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »
     What a pile of shit that was.  I can't believe anyone could make such a list and not put Alabama at the top.  The only fan base that could even come close is Texas.  And once again someone brings up the Gator chick getting fired without mentioning (1) she was twittering from practice, a big no-no, and (2) she was fired by the radio station, not by the school or its fans.
     I feel stupider just from reading it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
     What a pile of shit that was.  I can't believe anyone could make such a list and not put Alabama at the top.  The only fan base that could even come close is Texas.  And once again someone brings up the Gator chick getting fired without mentioning (1) she was twittering from practice, a big no-no, and (2) she was fired by the radio station, not by the school or its fans.
     I feel stupider just from reading it.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum!  That's sayin' a mouthful too!  But, stupid or not, you're right.  Bammer sucks donkey dicks, as do their fans.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:35:15 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 01:14:29 PM »
Oooohhhh....Corch Dye.  You are our king. Please spare our unworthy souls and impart upon us some of your superior knowledge.

. :king:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."