Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HTC EVO

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
HTC EVO
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »
I can't find one of these fucking things to save my life.

Sprint doesn't have them.  None of the local independent Sprint stores have them.  Best Buy quit selling Sprint and Radio Shack doesn't have any.

No one knows when they'll get more or how many they'll get when a shipment does arrive.

Anyone have tips/tricks on getting the ridiculously hard to obtain EVO?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: HTC EVO
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »
I can't find one of these fucking things to save my life.

Sprint doesn't have them.  None of the local independent Sprint stores have them.  Best Buy quit selling Sprint and Radio Shack doesn't have any.

No one knows when they'll get more or how many they'll get when a shipment does arrive.

Anyone have tips/tricks on getting the ridiculously hard to obtain EVO?

Anywhere you want if you want to drop six bills. 

Wait thirty days and you'll get one no problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »

I guess that's what I have to do.  I just don't understand the bottleneck.  It has to be intentional.  It doesn't really help them out, though, because it just pisses me off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »
I guess that's what I have to do.  I just don't understand the bottleneck.  It has to be intentional.  It doesn't really help them out, though, because it just pisses me off. 

from what I have read, I don't think they were anticipating the mass exodus from the iPhone users.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »
from what I have read, I don't think they were anticipating the mass exodus from the iPhone users.

Well fuck Jobs and his shitty new product for driving up demand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 04:53:35 PM »
Well fuck Jobs and his shitty new product for driving up demand.
But It has apps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:30:52 PM »
But It has apps.

Yea but this fucking prints money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 08:43:05 PM »

I-Phone 4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »

I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 10:47:54 PM »

Verizon quoted me 30 days on the HTC Incredible. I got it in 19 days. Well worth the wait- motherfucker rocks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »
The iPhone is missing a G.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »
Verizon quoted me 30 days on the HTC Incredible. I got it in 19 days. Well worth the wait- motherfucker rocks.
I have a Droid Eris by HTC, but I really want an Incredible. Basically the same phone, I know, except the Incredible has more ass behind it. Plus, I think the Incredible will see more OS upgrades since it has the processing power to handle more stuff, whereas I think the Eris is pretty much stuck with Android 2.1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
The iPhone is missing a G.
Do you live in a 4G city? No, but my uncle does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »
Do you live in a 4G city? No, but my uncle does.

Holy Fuck!

I also get a free NASCAR App.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
Walmart.com tells me that they're sending me one tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
Walmart.com tells me that they're sending me one tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Might have known the devil had some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
Might have known the devil had some.

Was truly the last place I looked.  Hate dealing with them.

I'm a little leery that something is going to fuck up.  They had 3 choices: 1) buy a phone ($549.99); 2) Add a line ($199.99); 3) upgrade your phone ($199.99)

I opted for the upgrade, but kept getting questions about porting my number and it looks as though they're trying to establish a new account with Sprint.  I may have screwed the pooch (accidentally closed a 7 yr acct), but we'll see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
Was truly the last place I looked.  Hate dealing with them.

I'm a little leery that something is going to fuck up.  They had 3 choices: 1) buy a phone ($549.99); 2) Add a line ($199.99); 3) upgrade your phone ($199.99)

I opted for the upgrade, but kept getting questions about porting my number and it looks as though they're trying to establish a new account with Sprint.  I may have screwed the pooch (accidentally closed a 7 yr acct), but we'll see.

Doubt it.  Looks like you have found a loophole to me.  Sprint will probably make it right if teh walmarks fucks it up.  It's funny though everyone is saying how large it is and out of curiosity I put the calipers to my HTC Hero.  They are almost identical in overall size, just a different shape and more screen.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:21:54 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »

Doubt it.  Looks like you have found a loophole to me.  Sprint will probably make it right if teh walmarks fucks it up.  It's funny though everyone is saying how large it is and out of curiosity I put the calipers to my HTC Hero.  They are almost identical in overall size, just a different shape and more screen.

Just talked to Sprint.  They can make it all ok if walmart fucks up. 

Now, as long as WM isn't blowing smoke up my ass about the phone being in stock (and taking my $18 for overnight delivery), I should have a new toy by Saturday at the latest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »
I have a Droid Eris by HTC, but I really want an Incredible. Basically the same phone, I know, except the Incredible has more ass behind it. Plus, I think the Incredible will see more OS upgrades since it has the processing power to handle more stuff, whereas I think the Eris is pretty much stuck with Android 2.1.

Yeah, its def the cats ass. They should be rolling out Android 2.2 here shortly. Mine had 2.1 when I received it and its not bad by any means. The kicker with the Incredible is the Snapdragon 1 Ghz processor. Holy fuck....I took a test drive on the Moto Droids and they just didnt impress much. The Droid X is extremely clunky and the processor didnt seem as fast. I didnt dig the physical keyboard either the Motos had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE