Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HTC EVO

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: HTC EVO
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

How is the battery life?  I've read that it blows moose cock.

It does.  That's my only real complaint so far.

Drove from Destin to Tampa yesterday and didn't use the phone very much at all, but had to recharge when I hit the hotel to be able to use it while at dinner.

So....tips on extending battery life are very much appreciated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 07:35:12 AM »

Drove from Destin to Tampa yesterday and didn't use the phone very much at all, but had to recharge when I hit the hotel to be able to use it while at dinner.

Make sure you are running "Advanced Task Killer" it's free from the marketplace.

Turn the wifi hotspot off unless you are using it actively would be my first two suggestions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
Make sure you are running "Advanced Task Killer" it's free from the marketplace.

Turn the wifi hotspot off unless you are using it actively would be my first two suggestions.

This.  Also make sure the gps is turned off.  If you're in a spot or time that you don't need for it to be searching for emails, you can turn the mobile network off.  You'll still get txts and calls, but it'll chill on the net until you're ready again.   There are also extended life batteries available also. 

Androidcentral.com

Droid-life.com

....good sites for info.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »

A few things you can do......

Change the screen brightness in your settings. Unless you are a blind hobo, you should still be able to see it fine if you turn it down halfway from where it is stock.

Create WiFi, GPS, and Mobile Network widgets. Create a Bluetooth widget as well if you use it enough that you would need to toggle it on/off. Your phone might be different since it is an EVO, but they are both HTC, so try:
Long press on an open spot on the screen you want it on>HTC Widget>Settings>Pick the widget you want placed on the screen

Leave them off until you need them, then turn them back off when you don't. It's just a matter of hitting that widget to turn on/off. I always turn the network off when I'm not using it. I don't need to know the second I get an e-mail, and I don't give a shit that somebody just sneezed on Facebook. If you are the same way, there is no reason for the internet to be running on it while it is in your pocket.

As kind of a redundancy thing to keep the phone from going on the internet:
Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks>Uncheck "Enable always-on mobile data"
Again, it might be a little different since they are different phones, but.....

A good way to see a numeric percentage of battery life:
Long press on an open spot on the screen you want it on>HTC Widget>Battery
I can't remember if this came stock or if I had to press the "Get more HTC widgets" thing, but it is handy. My phone has been off charge since 7AM and is at 68%. I haven't used it much except some texting, but I am in a room where I barely get reception, so it's searching for signal alot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Aubie16

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
jesus thats a lot of work and explanations of what needs to be done. and yall hate on iphones?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
jesus thats a lot of work and explanations of what needs to be done. and yall hate on iphones?
It doesn't HAVE to be done, but that's the way I have mine set. If I'm not at work and just out somewhere, I can get a good 18 hrs out of my battery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »

I do not hate on Iphone.  I hate on apple.  Just so happens that Iphone is their product and guilty by association.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
I do not hate on Iphone.  I hate on apple.  Just so happens that Iphone is their product and guilty by association.

You sir I salute...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 08:56:05 AM »
Posting this from an HTC incredible that I just got yesterday. This thing is crazy fast. I have a feeling that I don't know 3/4 of the things that this does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 09:16:42 AM »
Posting this from an HTC incredible that I just got yesterday. This thing is crazy fast. I have a feeling that I don't know 3/4 of the things that this does.

Have had mine for a month....Im still learning what it can do. And yes - wicked fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 09:39:32 AM »
You're all a bunch of iPhobes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »
PRECISELY....they just like to be jealous....you haven't figured that out yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »
You're all a bunch of iPhobes...

BTW Chad, jailbreaking is.......is......GLORIOUS!!!

This thing went from my favorite gadget, to my all time favorite gadget
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »
I have a feeling that I don't know 3/4 of the things that this does.

aren't you asian?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »
BTW Chad, jailbreaking is.......is......GLORIOUS!!!

This thing went from my favorite gadget, to my all time favorite gadget
That's what I've been saying from the beginning. Out of the box, I can see the debate. After a jailbreak, there's no contest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »
Not sure if you're using this yet, Wes, but if not....

You need to check out Swype for your EVO.  It's an alternative keyboard, and it rocks out over the standard one.  Pretty quick and easy to get used to, but look it up and check it out.  I think you'll like it on your EVO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »

You need to check out Swype for your EVO.  It's an alternative keyboard, and it rocks out over the standard one.  Pretty quick and easy to get used to, but look it up and check it out.  I think you'll like it on your EVO.

Can't find it in the market searching "Swype".  Might it be known as something else?

Also, does anyone have problems with the time stamps on their texts getting all fucked up?  My outgoing texts show the correct time, but incoming are all out of whack.  Makes it tough to follow a convo when one is drinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2010, 12:37:38 AM »

Just got the Samsung Vibrant yesterday, and Swype is one of it's "selling points."  I am getting used to it, but it seems like a great idea so far.  This phone is badass, and is supposed to be their answer to the EVO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.