Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Kick In The Nutts

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: A Kick In The Nutts
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »
You really should do your homework on the talent left to Nutt by Danny Ford and the lack of talent left to Petrino by Nutt.  As an Arkansas fan I know you are monumentally incorrect but will refrain from calling you stupid, you are just uniformed.  I would also like to point out that most people don't call giving up nearly $2 Million a year to go back to college as greener pastures from a financial standpoint (I will agree that moving from Atlanta to Fayetteville is moving to greener pastures).  Also while recruiting a bunch of 4* athletes looks good on paper for Nutt, look at the re-ranking of classes from 2003, 2004, and 2005 for Louisville to see how well Petrino really recruits since the on-field production is what really counts.

Nice Place

Welcome...post often. 

Paging Jumbo!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »
Its as close to apples and apples as you can get given the information and common ground for these 2. I've provided a case for Nutt. Do you care to provide a concrete argument for Petrino that isn't apples and oranges? Or just admit you personally don't like him?

I'm not in a number crunching mood this afternoon.  My comment above was remarking that you can't judge Ws and Ls without taking into account the teams on the other side of the column.  The SEC of 98-00 was strong...but not nearly as strong as the SEC of 07-09.  That's not the sum total of my argument that Petrino is twice the coach Nutt wishes he was, rather a knee-jerk counter to your comparison of the first two years of each coach's tenure.

I don't like Nutt, admittedly, but he's not a good coach.  At all.  He's a worse person, but he's a very poor coach.

For instance?

How do you feel about a head coach, his brother/asst coach, and a fat lesbian hanger-on threatening Mustain's mother and harassing the kid until he transferred?  The offense that Mustain committed to deserve this treatment: he call the Right Reverend a "dork" in an offhand remark that someone included in a book. What about an extra-marital affair carried on at times Nutt was supposedly engaged in charity work?

Titz and RCH can probably recite these things, chapter and verse, to you.  Nutt is a shitstain.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:25:22 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

boartitz

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
Ever notice how titz gets these Nutt/Petrino arguments going? And we fall for it everytime.
I missed the part about Petrino in the OP.
Did you know that Nutt slunk off from Arkansas in the middle of the night to go to OSU? I heard that Lou Holtz called him a dumas and it hurt his feelings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
You really should do your homework on the talent left to Nutt by Danny Ford and the lack of talent left to Petrino by Nutt.  As an Arkansas fan I know you are monumentally incorrect but will refrain from calling you stupid, you are just uniformed.  I would also like to point out that most people don't call giving up nearly $2 Million a year to go back to college as greener pastures from a financial standpoint (I will agree that moving from Atlanta to Fayetteville is moving to greener pastures).  Also while recruiting a bunch of 4* athletes looks good on paper for Nutt, look at the re-ranking of classes from 2003, 2004, and 2005 for Louisville to see how well Petrino really recruits since the on-field production is what really counts.

Nice Place

Yeah, all that 26-30 talent he left him. Nice try fuck face. Danny Ford was under an NCAA eagle eye from his Clemson days on and didn't get anywhere near the talent he reeled in at CU. Danny Ford was NOT a bad coach by any means, which shows even more so the talent was lacking. If you go with the argument that the talent was not lacking, just for argument's sake, then you are saying Nutt and Ford had the same crop of talent/players for a couple of years although Nutt's record was light years ahead of Ford's at Arky. Could that be implying that Nutt is not a bad coach and possibly a better coach than Ford - who has a NC at Clemson? No way. Way.

Good to see you like comparing Apples and Oranges with Arky and Louisville. Going to Fayetteville from Atlanta is not greener pastures in a general sense. It was at the time because Atlanta was in turmoil.  And please refrain from calling someone on here stupid. You are an Arky - remember that. Your program had been in ruins since Broyles stepped down until Nutt came along. The guy exceeded all of your historical averages and you guys start acting like your fucking Notre Dame all of a sudden. We can post stats if you would like to. The same stats that shut titz up about a month ago. Yeah, they hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
Your program had been in ruins since Broyles stepped down until Nutt came along. The guy exceeded all of your historical averages and you guys start acting like your phuking Notre Dame all of a sudden. We can post stats if you would like to. The same stats that shut titz up about a month ago. Yeah, they hurt.

I usually stay out of these b/c of my hatred of Dale, and I think he is a shitty coach as well.....but

Fuck you

Signed,

Ken Hatfiled and Lou Holtz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

boartitz

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »

The same stats that shut titz up about a month ago. Yeah, they hurt.
I just got tired of beating my head against the wall about the same ole same ole.
Yall are statistically better than us, you just can't whip our asses on the field like your statistics show you should.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »
I usually stay out of these b/c of my hatred of Dale, and I think he is a shitty coach as well.....but

Fuck you

Signed,

Ken Hatfiled and Lou Holtz. 

Holtz was there 7 years. And you are right, while it wasnt in ruins as far as wins - there was a ton of political BS between Holtz and Broyles and the fans. Or else he would have been there more than 7 years and we probably wouldn't even be having these discussions.

Disclaimer: I think Nutt is a nut personally. I just don't think he is a terrible coach. He was par or better than par for the course where he was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »
I just got tired of beating my head against the wall about the same ole same ole.
Yall are statistically better than us, you just can't whip our asses on the field like your statistics show you should.

Just poking the stick at you titz. Its all good.

Thanks Tubs for our Arky complex. With Gus here, it may continue.

Before Tubs:
5-2-1 against Arky with an avg score of 26-19

During Tubs:
5-6 against Arky with an avg score of 19-26 (ironically the same score but reversed)

You guys should be writing him nice letters. HA!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 01:39:15 PM »
Yeah, all that 26-30 talent he left him. Nice try phuk face. Danny Ford was under an NCAA eagle eye from his Clemson days on and didn't get anywhere near the talent he reeled in at CU. Danny Ford was NOT a bad coach by any means, which shows even more so the talent was lacking. If you go with the argument that the talent was not lacking, just for argument's sake, then you are saying Nutt and Ford had the same crop of talent/players for a couple of years although Nutt's record was light years ahead of Ford's at Arky. Could that be implying that Nutt is not a bad coach and possibly a better coach than Ford - who has a NC at Clemson? No way. Way.

Good to see you like comparing Apples and Oranges with Arky and Louisville. Going to Fayetteville from Atlanta is not greener pastures in a general sense. It was at the time because Atlanta was in turmoil.  And please refrain from calling someone on here stupid. You are an Arky - remember that. Your program had been in ruins since Broyles stepped down until Nutt came along. The guy exceeded all of your historical averages and you guys start acting like your phuking Notre Dame all of a sudden. We can post stats if you would like to. The same stats that shut titz up about a month ago. Yeah, they hurt.

Way to have a civil discussion.  I get called Fuck Face while the worst that I called you was uninformed (specifically about the Arkansas program).  When Ford was at Arkansas he was about as interested in coaching as you are in listening to factual information from some more familiar with the Arkansas program and the history of HDN.

The fact is that HDN's first two years. both at Ole Miss and Arkansas, were improvements over the previous coaches records.  If you did some research it would reveal at both places the majority of the talent was in the Jr. and Sr. classes when HDN took over meaning that Ford was playing in the SEC his last two years with talented Fr. and Sophs.  That allowed him to mix his special brand of Rah-Rah coaching with talent acquired from the previous coach and post good but not great seasons.  Ford said his greatest regret at Arkansas was not getting to coach the team in 1997-1998 when he knew the talent was there.

You also seem confused about Ford at Clemson.  Was he a poor/good coach that cheated to get great talent at Clemson or was he a good/great coach that just couldn't get the talent at Arkansas?

Also while you are at it could you explain the apples and oranges thing to me when I only mentioned Louisville and the re-ranking of classes.  It is a fact that UL classes that were ranked between 40-60 at the time were re-ranked 4 years later in the 10-15 range or better.   Research would show that HDN's classes show the opposite trend.

As for the Arky and stupid comment, I assumed it would be beneath an Aubie to post that.  I live in Alabama, so I have knowledge of both places, and if you think there is that much difference then once again you are uninformed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
Way to have a civil discussion.  I get called Fuck Face while the worst that I called you was uninformed (specifically about the Arkansas program).  When Ford was at Arkansas he was about as interested in coaching as you are in listening to factual information from some more familiar with the Arkansas program and the history of HDN.

The fact is that HDN's first two years. both at Ole Miss and Arkansas, were improvements over the previous coaches records.  If you did some research it would reveal at both places the majority of the talent was in the Jr. and Sr. classes when HDN took over meaning that Ford was playing in the SEC his last two years with talented Fr. and Sophs.  That allowed him to mix his special brand of Rah-Rah coaching with talent acquired from the previous coach and post good but not great seasons.  Ford said his greatest regret at Arkansas was not getting to coach the team in 1997-1998 when he knew the talent was there.

You also seem confused about Ford at Clemson.  Was he a poor/good coach that cheated to get great talent at Clemson or was he a good/great coach that just couldn't get the talent at Arkansas?

Also while you are at it could you explain the apples and oranges thing to me when I only mentioned Louisville and the re-ranking of classes.  It is a fact that UL classes that were ranked between 40-60 at the time were re-ranked 4 years later in the 10-15 range or better.   Research would show that HDN's classes show the opposite trend.

As for the Arky and stupid comment, I assumed it would be beneath an Aubie to post that.  I live in Alabama, so I have knowledge of both places, and if you think there is that much difference then once again you are uninformed

Civil is no way to have a discussion about FB on this board.  :bar:  Ok...I will go the civil route here since, as in titz' words, the end result will be nothing but banging our heads on the wall. And at the end of the day, we still don't agree and we have a bad headache in addition.

Like I told titz, its all good RCH. Take most things you would normally consider 'offensive' as normal spirited debate and tongue in cheek at worst. Unless it involves Birmingham.

Its just obvious people view HDN is different lights. And thats fine. I'm just not gonna call a coach that normally wins 8-9 games a year a bad coach when he is at a place that has not even averaged that number in their recent history. Especially after the move to the SEC. I think Petrino is a great technical coach actually. Choosing between him and HDN would just depend on what you are looking for I guess. Some of it may be that HDN blew our doors off more times than not (see my stat above concerning Tubs) and it may have left an impression.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Just watch what Nutt is doing at Ole Miss. History will repeat itself. He has peaked out already.
Have yall been following the Cotton leaving/Masoli deal? He's on the verge of fucking up the whole team's psyche.
And the fans are in favor of this move. Hell I thought Nutt was a pretty good coach after his 2nd year here. Familiarity breeds comtempt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »
Just watch what Nutt is doing at Ole Miss. History will repeat itself. He has peaked out already.
Have yall been following the Cotton leaving/Masoli deal? He's on the verge of fucking up the whole team's psyche.
And the fans are in favor of this move. Hell I thought Nutt was a pretty good coach after his 2nd year here. Familiarity breeds comtempt.

I think it's human nature to dismiss the recent victims of his fuckedupedness.

How many AR fans initially believed the Boise State player that called Nutt a "used car salesman"?

Now the opinions of AR fans are being dismissed similarly.

You would think that a decade with the guy would buy the Hog fans some credibility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 02:48:46 PM »
1.  Houston Nutt is a retard.

2.  He will fuck up Ole Mrs.

3.  Who cares?  Ole Mrs sucks anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »
I thought this thread was about Birmingham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »

I'm not sure his nuts have dropped yet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
It should be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

friendly
funny
dislike