Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FIFA

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: FIFA
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »
Didn't I tell you that Mickeys was cheap malt liquor? Look, let me bring the beer this fall. How does some St. Pauli Girl and Shiner sound?

I agree - nothing tastes like the Beast. Thats why it was 30.00/keg back in the day. Water does tend to run cheap.

Ah come on GH, Mickeys is great. What are we giving the value to beer based on price. Most of the time this is truth but you know as well as I do that some things are based on trend. Hell, just 7 yrs ago Icehouse was $8 a six pack, now half that price. Lets say in 7 yrs from now, St Pauli gos down to $4 a sixer, does that mean its worthless. I can see some argument on IH from you guys but Mickeys is some good shit. Now, as for this fall, I was planning on bringing Killian Red and I think that is something we both can agree on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2010, 09:11:26 AM »
Ah come on GH, Mickeys is great. What are we giving the value to beer based on price. Most of the time this is truth but you know as well as I do that some things are based on trend. Hell, just 7 yrs ago Icehouse was $8 a six pack, now half that price. Lets say in 7 yrs from now, St Pauli gos down to $4 a sixer, does that mean its worthless. I can see some argument on IH from you guys but Mickeys is some good poop. Now, as for this fall, I was planning on bringing Killian Red and I think that is something we both can agree on.

Yes sir   :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »
US Game about to start.

I see that ESPN has found a way to tune out a majority of the vuvu horn's noise.  Thank you eight pound baby Jesus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »
If we tie Slovenia, is it still a good thing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »
If we tie Slovenia, is it still a good thing?
No. Not at this point.

We got fucking robbed.

Worst call I've ever seen any any sport.

Not only was it not offsides, the Slovenian dude had the US guy in a friggin bear hug during a penalty kick.

Complete bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
So, Ziemba didn't jump before the ball was snapped?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2010, 11:55:10 AM »
So, Ziemba didn't jump before the ball was snapped?
...no, that was McCain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2010, 12:29:25 PM »
No. Not at this point.

We got fucking robbed.

Not only was it not offsides, the Slovenian dude had the US guy in a friggin bear hug during a penalty kick.

Complete bullshit.

If you continue to quote technical rules about soccer, your "real" football man card will be rescinded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
No. Not at this point.

We got phuking robbed.

Complete bullpoop.

Can you repeat the question? I didnt comprehend any of what you just said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
No. Not at this point.

We got fucking robbed.

Complete bullshit.
:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »
do you think there are thousands of minivans waiting outside the stadium?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 01:08:11 PM »
I don't think that was overly technical.

At the end of the game, the US was fouled and got to kick a free kick. A free kick is taken at the spot of the foul, which in this case happened to be right next to the goal.

The free kick was good. It should have been 3-2 right then. The asshole official called offsides. In soccer, no player can be behind the two closest opposing players to the goal (the goalie and the defender) until after the ball is kicked, or it's offsides. They showed replay after replay and it was as clear as day that no such foul occurred. Not even close. The point was removed.

On TOP OF THAT, the Slovenian player clearly committed a foul inside the box, which means it would be a penalty kick. This means they get a free kick right in front of the goal. The Slovenian player completely picked the US guy up in a bear hug. Not at all legal.

It should have been 3-2 with the US getting another free kick right in front of the goal.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:19:47 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »
the official, iirc, was from the country of Mali.............GDP of approx. $15 billion

the State of Alabama GDP for the same time frame $170 billion.

:bar:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 01:18:05 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2010, 02:01:47 PM »
I don't think that was overly technical.

At the end of the game, the US was fouled and got to kick a free kick. A free kick is taken at the spot of the foul, which in this case happened to be right next to the goal.

The free kick was good. It should have been 3-2 right then. The asshole official called offsides. In soccer, no player can be behind the two closest opposing players to the goal (the goalie and the defender) until after the ball is kicked, or it's offsides. They showed replay after replay and it was as clear as day that no such foul occurred. Not even close. The point was removed.

On TOP OF THAT, the Slovenian player clearly committed a foul inside the box, which means it would be a penalty kick. This means they get a free kick right in front of the goal. The Slovenian player completely picked the US guy up in a bear hug. Not at all legal.

It should have been 3-2 with the US getting another free kick right in front of the goal.

Was that the call? Offsides? I never saw that offsides was the official call. And yes. It was complete fucking bullshit. The refereeing was pathetic the entire game. I watched the whole second half and was getting pissed as fuck.

There were several calls that were horrible, but that was a blatant miss that cost the US the win. Complete bullshit. Even the announcers were saying how bad the call was...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »
The free kick was good. It should have been 3-2 right then. The asshole official called offsides. In soccer, no player can be behind the two closest opposing players to the goal (the goalie and the defender) until after the ball is kicked, or it's offsides.

Is it after the ball is kicked? Or is it after the ball has passed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »
Is it after the ball is kicked? Or is it after the ball has passed?
I'm not an expert on the rules, but I believe it's either one. It's after the ball is kicked, whether that be to another player, or to the goal.

Again, I could be wrong on that, and will defer to someone who actually played.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2010, 02:13:12 PM »
So, we lost?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
So, we lost?
Tied 2-2.

It was good when we tied England, because we were huge huge underdogs, and we got the points for the tie (1), and prevented England from getting the points for a win (3). Two ties in a row is not so good, because that puts us at 2 points, still less than one win. Teams that have two wins now have 6 points (a whole win and a tie ahead of us).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
so no one thinks that there may be 1000's of hot soccer moms waiting to pick up the kiddos from the game?

maybe its the huge swarm of bees keeping the moms away.

i don't know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
so no one thinks that there may be 1000's of hot soccer moms waiting to pick up the kiddos from the game?

maybe its the huge swarm of bees keeping the moms away.

i don't know. 

I was thinking the noise could have been coming from the minivans.  Kids are playing...got some time on their hands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.