Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Congrats

JR4AU

Re: Congrats
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2010, 05:22:43 PM »
Well let's lock Charlie Weiss Gene Chizik up with a ten year contract!!!!!

I wouldn't go that far...but I'd say he's earned another couple of years (not any kind of extension) to see how he performs with these recruits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 05:48:21 PM »
Do they make those in black?  I like to be tactical. 

^^Underrated post^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jadennis

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »
Well let's lock Charlie Weiss Gene Chizik up with a ten year contract!!!!!

That's actually a great cautionary tale.  But we figured out pretty quick was Weiss' problem was.  He could coach already developed, mature talent (Brady Quinn, Darius Walker, Samardzija, Maurice Stovall, Anthony Fasano, etc).  And he could recruit talent.  But couldn't do anything in between those two things.

I'm encouraged that the guy that broke some records this year is the same guy that was worthless last year.  Tate ran 600+ yards last year and double that this year.  Darvin Adams was abandoned as useless last year...set some records this year.

Anyway, lets hope we don't have a Weiss, but so far it looks like this group of coaches can make kids better than they were when they found them.  2011 will answer that.  Will Benton, Blake, Adams, etc be good receivers?  Will Newton or Rollison or Trotter be better in 11 than in 10?  Will Owens, Holland, etc be tearing it up in the middle of the defense?  Will Gayden, Coleman, Slade, Mack, and Slade be plowing huge holes for 1500 yard rusher Dyer to shoot through?

If all the names I just listed aren't doing those things in 2011 to varying degrees, then we should blow it up and start over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »
Words....words....words....words....then we should blow it up and start over.
There are a few posters that will only comprehend that little bit of your post and that's just plain sad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2010, 09:43:31 AM »
That's actually a great cautionary tale.  But we figured out pretty quick was Weiss' problem was.  He could coach already developed, mature talent (Brady Quinn, Darius Walker, Samardzija, Maurice Stovall, Anthony Fasano, etc).  And he could recruit talent.  But couldn't do anything in between those two things.

I'm encouraged that the guy that broke some records this year is the same guy that was worthless last year.  Tate ran 600+ yards last year and double that this year.  Darvin Adams was abandoned as useless last year...set some records this year.

Anyway, lets hope we don't have a Weiss, but so far it looks like this group of coaches can make kids better than they were when they found them.  2011 will answer that.  Will Benton, Blake, Adams, etc be good receivers?  Will Newton or Rollison or Trotter be better in 11 than in 10?  Will Owens, Holland, etc be tearing it up in the middle of the defense?  Will Gayden, Coleman, Slade, Mack, and Slade be plowing huge holes for 1500 yard rusher Dyer to shoot through?

If all the names I just listed aren't doing those things in 2011 to varying degrees, then we should blow it up and start over.

So do you agree with me that 2010 is likely to be a transition year and that maintaining the status quo is a reasonable goal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
So do you agree with me that 2010 is likely to be a transition year and that maintaining the status quo is a reasonable goal?

I think it is the benchmark to judge next year by.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
Do they make those in black?  I like to be tactical. 
Not sure, but you can make any of them brown..........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions