Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Couple of things I took from tonights game.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Couple of things I took from tonights game.
« on: September 20, 2009, 01:23:18 AM »
Darvin Adams is the MAN!

Our D can't tackle for shit.  At least our DB's can find the ball and make a play on it though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Couple of things I took from tonights game.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:25:21 AM »
One more thing, our O line sure didn't look like they liked firing off the ball and creating some running lanes.  Zeimba also had his weekly offsides penalty.  Good job keeping that streak alive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:33:24 AM »
This one will have them really believing in themselves. They dug out of a tremendous hole tonight and won by 11 against a damn good opponent. They played their absolute worst and still won the game.

Ted Roof needs to turn the screws on this defense, or his days on the Plains will be limited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 01:36:05 AM »
This one will have them really believing in themselves. They dug out of a tremendous hole tonight and won by 11 against a damn good opponent. They played their absolute worst and still won the game.

Ted Roof needs to turn the screws on this defense, or his days on the Plains will be limited.

I agree.  They now know that they can lean on each other.  The way WVU started out, I don't think last years version would've ever overcame that.

I'm thinking about getting a jump on the www.firetedroof.com.  Anybody else?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:08:52 AM »
I agree.  They now know that they can lean on each other.  The way WVU started out, I don't think last years version would've ever overcame that.

I'm thinking about getting a jump on the www.firetedroof.com.  Anybody else?
Auburn's Defense held UWV to 9 points after the first quarter...sounds to me that the defense and the offense came out flat, but adjustments were made and they stepped up.  BTW, I'll state this again, Nick Fairley is a fuckin' BEAST.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »
Also, Chris Todd had the Flu on Thursday and the coaches weren't entirely sure if he'd be able to play.  I've got some stats from StatTiger about our defensive adjustments from last night.

During the first 4 possessions, the Auburn defense was getting run out of the park. WVU had 16-plays for 210-yards, averaging 13.1 yards per play with zero turnovers. 31% of the Mountaineer plays was held to 2-yards or less and the offense totaled 21 points.

During the remaining 11 possessions, WVU gained 299-yards on 64 plays for 4.7 yards per play. 6 of the 11 remaining possessions resulted in turnovers and 46.9% of their plays were held to 2-yards or less. WVU was held to 9 points in their last 11 possessions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
Anyone hear Trooper Taylor after the game?  He said he was messing with his receivers and telling them he was going to send them all down to Coach Rocker cause' the D-line had more catches than them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »
Anyone hear Trooper Taylor after the game?  He said he was messing with his receivers and telling them he was going to send them all down to Coach Rocker cause' the D-line had more catches than them.

Yeah we heard that as well.  One thing Wes said that I had not really connected was that when we were 14 down quick there was belief that we actually could come back rather than the feeling of dread that we have been conditioned to expect over the last few years.

"Trust Gus"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
The people talking about firing Ted Roof are ridiculous. Let's not be those people. Ted Roof can't go out and make the tackles. IMO, Roof had a good game plan going in, but Auburn, I would bet, missed 20 tackles tonight. Literally. If we make HALF of those, we don't let that QB get out of the pocket and convert on some of those third downs or we sack him...making it 2 and 18 instead of what happened all night. The QB would break tackles for loss and scamper for 8 yards. That dude was good...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »
And another thing, Todd made some really good throws last night. At times, he looked really good. HOWEVER, if this offense had a really good QB, it would almost be unstoppable...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
The people talking about firing Ted Roof are ridiculous. Let's not be those people. Ted Roof can't go out and make the tackles. IMO, Roof had a good game plan going in, but Auburn, I would bet, missed 20 tackles tonight. Literally. If we make HALF of those, we don't let that QB get out of the pocket and convert on some of those third downs or we sack him...making it 2 and 18 instead of what happened all night. The QB would break tackles for loss and scamper for 8 yards. That dude was good...

This.  Not to mention some of you are not giving enough credit to a QB that imo was better than what we faced last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
You guys are on crack. Chizik was starting to look a little concerned on the sideline after Devine scored to put WV up 27-20. Roof needs to spend this week reteaching tackling fundamentals.

Devine is probably the fastest back we face this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 12:13:46 PM »
I'm wasn't pleased with the tackling, but I got to tell you, IN MY OPINION ONLY, we outcorched WVU in the end last night.  We had match up problems and their speed, coupled with some poor tackling got us in a lot of trouble early last night.

Our adjustments and no-give-up "tude" that was NOT there last year, was clearly evident last night.  That's coaching.  Pure and simple.  They made some adjustments, they kept it moving.  We made more adjustments, and won the ballgame. 

I think the team, as well as a lot of fans (while discouraged at a few things here and there), ultimately left last nights game with a sense that the "folding like a deck chair" Auburn Tigers are a thing of the past.

Also read wear in just that one hour rain delay...3.75" of rain fell.  It was a freak of a monsoon, and seeing the students stick it out, and a bulk of the crowd...was great.  Under the circumstances, it was a pretty rockin' scene last night.

Great time.  Great win.  Let's see if we can get healthy this week and win like we're supposed to against Ball State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »
I'm wasn't pleased with the tackling, but I got to tell you, IN MY OPINION ONLY, we outcorched WVU in the end last night.  We had match up problems and their speed, coupled with some poor tackling got us in a lot of trouble early last night.

Our adjustments and no-give-up "tude" that was NOT there last year, was clearly evident last night.  That's coaching.  Pure and simple.  They made some adjustments, they kept it moving.  We made more adjustments, and won the ballgame. 

I think the team, as well as a lot of fans (while discouraged at a few things here and there), ultimately left last nights game with a sense that the "folding like a deck chair" Auburn Tigers are a thing of the past.

Nice assesment...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »
Darvin Adams is the MAN!

Our D can't tackle for poop.  At least our DB's can find the ball and make a play on it though.

The perception from the sidelines was vastly different than that from television.  Those guys are riduculously shifty.  They are decidedly quicker than Auburn was. 

What you saw on the first two drives in particular was aggression.  We came after them. We got burned badly. 

Roof made an adjustment.  The goal from that point forward was to keep everything in front of us.  Better to give up 10 yards and make them drive the field than give up monster plays.  We make them drive the field, we give them more opportunities to make mistakes. 

We stay in the game offensively -- which we did -- and they will begin to press. Which they did. 

We gave up the middle of the field to protect the corners. Because if those shifty fucks ever got to the corner, we were toast. 

I thought what we did was the very best you could hope for in that situation.  They definitely had more speed and even though we hemmoraghed yards, we managed to negate that by forcing mistakes. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
Not that it matters...but my impression of you just went up a notch Kaos...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 02:43:25 PM »

A little ominous looking as we got to our seats yesterday...haha....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
Damn, that was a nasty looking storm. I was listening to the pregame and Bramblet was saying the field was under water. From the TV perspective, it reminded me of the soaker at FSU back in 84.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 02:51:57 PM »
Damn, that was a nasty looking storm. I was listening to the pregame and Bramblet was saying the field was under water. From the TV perspective, it reminded me of the soaker at FSU back in 84.

3.75" of rain in 65 mins will do it.  It was nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 02:53:55 PM »
Yeah we heard that as well.  One thing Wes said that I had not really connected was that when we were 14 down quick there was belief that we actually could come back rather than the feeling of dread that we have been conditioned to expect over the last few years.

"Trust Gus"
I agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.