No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Kiffin new bammer oc
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
This is too perfect.

The two most despicable, despised villains in college football. Together at last. At the school I hate the most.

You couldn't write this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:46:26 PM »
Credit to WNSP.  The host was critical of the idea and was getting bashed by the callers.  He says "Hold on just a minute.  If I'd come on the air and announced that Lane Kiffin was the new offensive coordinator at Florida. Or Georgia.  Or no... LSU.  He's the new offensive coordinator at LSU.  What would Bama fans be doing? 

That's right.  LAUGHING.  Making fun of Les Miles. Talking about how this was like Christmas all over again."

He's right.

But the callers? 

"Hay, if Sabbin sez Kiffin is okay, we gotta trust the man... "
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »
Credit to WNSP.  The host was critical of the idea and was getting bashed by the callers.  He says "Hold on just a minute.  If I'd come on the air and announced that Lane Kiffin was the new offensive coordinator at Florida. Or Georgia.  Or no... LSU.  He's the new offensive coordinator at LSU.  What would Bama fans be doing? 

That's right.  LAUGHING.  Making fun of Les Miles. Talking about how this was like Christmas all over again."

He's right.

But the callers? 

"Hay, if Sabbin sez Kiffin is okay, we gotta trust the man... "
No surprise
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
Wasn't Kiffin tits deep in a variety of recruiting scandals at UT and then later at USC?

BTW?  He's been offensive coordinator for exactly one season in his career.  He led the Trojans to numerous offensive records with Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Ryan Kalil,  and LenDale White on the starting roster.  Cheated to get most of them.  And a gibbon with a dry erase board could have coordinated that bunch. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:43:42 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:27:23 PM »
Bammers will claim they loved him all along.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 07:50:02 PM »
It's like Christmas came early...or is it late?  Either way, I need some popcorn!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »
PR-wise, where does this rank in worst hires of all time?

I mean, Lane Kiffin to USC was top five.  This though may top it.  Shit, in the past two days, we've seen two of the worst hires of all time in terms of appearance in the public eye. 

Petrino to Louisville.
Kiffin to Bama as OC. 

If I think about it...

5.  Gene Chizik to Auburn

Auburn had just fired a long term and rather successful coach in Tommy Tuberville because it looked like he wasn't going to compete with a rising Alabama.  Thinking that Auburn was going to make a big splashy hire with someone such as a hot name like Will Muschamp or even a far-fetched big dawg like Bill Cowher, the world was shocked to see the 5-19 man step off the airplane. 

4.  Todd Graham to Arizona State

Todd Graham was an up and comer and seemed to find a good home in Pittsburgh for a few years.  Instead of building a resume and taking over a top flight program, he left just 11 months into the job for what was barely a step up in Arizona State.  What makes this worse than Gene Chizik was that Graham for one didn't stay a whole year at Pitt and two, he sent his players a text message that said goodbye. 

3.  Bobby Petrino to Louisville

It's not that Petrino isn't going to win again at Louisville.  It's that Petrino was rather shitty to the Cardinals when he was there.  After one year on the job, he met secretly with Auburn trustees in an attempt to jump ship to Auburn.  He also interviewed for multiple jobs before getting the Falcons gig.  Then to add fuel to the fire, he bolted from the Falcons to the Razorbacks with three games remaining in the NFL season.  Then he was hit with a huge scandal after he wrecked a motorcycle while giving his mistress a ride.  Oh yeah, his mistress had been hired to a nice position in the athletic department.  Oh and also, Petrino boldface lied to the athletic director about it all leading to a big press conference where the athletic director regurgitated those lies and then had to deal with the consequences of not investigating Petrino further.  Arkansas is still in a state of dogshit after Petrino's fling with the tall blond chick. 

2.  Lane Kiffin to USC

So USC gets hit with severe sanctions due to widespread rule bending and breaking going on under Pete Carroll's watch.  USC fought the NCAA as hard as they could and found themselves with scholarship reductions and a bowl ban.  So what do they do in response to the NCAA's decisions?  Hire Lane Kiffin as head coach.  Lane Kiffin was a rabble rouser in the SEC while getting embarrassed on the field.  He left their program in shambles.  Oh, and he also was part of that big cheating thing going on, and so was Ed Orgeron, who Kiffin brought along with him back to Compton. 

1.  Lane Kiffin to Alabama

No, it's not really #1, but fuck Alabama.  You have a machine running on very quiet cylinders.  You have a head coach who is lauded as one of the greatest of all time.  You bring in NFL prospects to go through a three year training camp while being a perennial title contender.  And you decide that even though there are a plethora of average OCs out there that can run your boring ass offense and let your defense shine and win 11+ games a year, you take the risk to bring in a guy that was already near the top of this kind of a list? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
I'm somewhat on the fence about this hire.  On one hand, Kiffin is a douchebag.  On the other hand, he's only going to talk to the media twice a year.  That's probably a good thing. 

I think that Saban has swallowed his pride somewhat and finally realized that the college football landscape is changing, and the current offense as is just may not be cutting it anymore.  I'm not saying junk the whole thing, but there are certainly areas that need to be looked at.  A tempo element being one of them.  With a new QB coming in, this may be the best time to start.  I just hope he comes to the same realization about the defense and makes the appropriate tweaks to it as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 09:55:31 AM »
I'm somewhat on the fence about this hire.  On one hand, Kiffin is a douchebag.  On the other hand, he's only going to talk to the media twice a year.  That's probably a good thing. 

I think that Saban has swallowed his pride somewhat and finally realized that the college football landscape is changing, and the current offense as is just may not be cutting it anymore.  I'm not saying junk the whole thing, but there are certainly areas that need to be looked at.  A tempo element being one of them.  With a new QB coming in, this may be the best time to start.  I just hope he comes to the same realization about the defense and makes the appropriate tweaks to it as well.
You keep your standard play action run game add more bubble screens (Kiffin) and take some shots down the field. Other than moving at a faster pace how much of a leap can it be from McElwain to Nussmeier to Kiffin. I only see him as a guy being brought in to groom a QB for a season or two before Saban hangs it up.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 10:17:13 AM »

Did you see USC's offense?  Or UT's?

This is a step backward if "changing with the landscape" is the goal.

Like the guy said if Les or Richt or Spurrier made this hire you'd be howling with laughter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »

This is a step backward if "changing with the landscape" is the goal.

I'm starting to believe that the "goal" is to cheat with more efficacy (if that's even possible at the institution that has perfected the art.)

How in the fuck else do you explain bringing a toxic (USC cheating, UT cheating, PR blunders) personality, with little substantive value in his position, to a school that could have its pick of any hundred other more qualified candidates?

Given Kiffen's rep, Saban is either thumbing his nose at or, more likely, getting the green-light from Slive to send the cheat machine into ludicrous speed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:29:45 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
I agree with Kiffin being a head scratching hire, given his baggage.  Plus the fact that I don't see what the hell he brings to the table that's so innovative or different.  As for raising the level of cheating, what more can they do?  Seriously.  They've had the #1 recruiting class virtually every year since Lord Saybinz arrived and they will again this year.  What more can Lane Kiffin add to the process, except draw more attention to the cheating? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Stone Tiger

• The Trinity
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
What more can Lane Kiffin add to the process, except draw more attention to the cheating?

You don't need to see his identification.  These aren't the droids you are looking for.  He can go about his business.  Move along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My opinions...let me tell you them...

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
You don't need to see his identification.  These aren't the droids you are looking for.  He can go about his business.  Move along.

An introduction would have been nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Stone Tiger

• The Trinity
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »
An introduction would have been nice.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 02:09:01 PM »

Thought you didn't read books or watch movies?

Liar?  Or schizophrenic?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »
The crawfishing and spin by al.com is truly amazing. 

Lane went from a no-talent, cheating, wacko douche to one of the nation's greatest recruiters and offensive masterminds in a single day. 

I've never seen such pandering in my life.

Even the "we weren't the only ones covering the hire of kiffin, it was a truly national story" line in one of the articles is knob slobbing.  All the links they provided to "national reaction" were positive, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Stone Tiger

• The Trinity
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 06:16:03 PM »
Thought you didn't read books or watch movies?

Liar?  Or schizophrenic?

Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions