Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kiffin new bammer oc

jmar

Re: Kiffin new bammer oc
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »
He is a dumpster fire as a head coach.  So was Gene Chizik.  So was Shula.  However, Chizik was a good coordinator.  Shula has done well in his first year as an NFL OC and QB coach at Carolina.  Muschamp is another that is right at dumpster fire level as a head coach, but was a good coordinator. 

I'm at least willing to give him a chance, because the offense has to change.  The same ol' same ol' just isn't getting the job done anymore.   
I don't recall Kiffin's  USC or Tennessee teams being particularly high scoring or innovative on offense. Nussmeier gave Saban the base run game he desired, employed the TEs well and played to the strengths of the receivers. What's Kiffin gonna do so radically different?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 04:23:37 PM »
This story is only truly funny because the inbreds were so quick to completely change their tune about Kiffin and the hire.

I mean, really, Saban could hire the coaching staff from Woodlawn High School and we'd hear about how coaches who coach in lower socioeconomic areas are primed to take on the adversity of the SEC.

As long as they don't expect to get a shot at naming a quarterback...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
I don't recall Kiffin's  USC or Tennessee teams being particularly high scoring or innovative on offense. Nussmeier gave Saban the base run game he desired, employed the TEs well and played to the strengths of the receivers. What's Kiffin gonna do so radically different?

Bubble screens for everybody
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »

Have his hot wife give the coaching staff handy's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »
Have his hot wife give the coaching staff handy's?
That and have Kiffin getting into another accident while two girls were riding with him in a rental car, all three had been drinking. Kiffin left the scene of the accident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
That and have Kiffin getting into another accident while two girls were riding with him in a rental car, all three had been drinking. Kiffin left the scene of the accident.
Petrino with a sidecar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:30 PM »
I paid little attention to him at UT.  What were the cheating issues there?
One of the violations, iirc, is where he sent UT coeds to a High School to "help" recruit one or two of the HS stars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 08:30:50 AM »
One of the violations, iirc, is where he sent UT coeds to a High School to "help" recruit one or two of the HS stars.

I heard on the radio yesterday that there were several "secondary violations".  That seems to be about the gist of it?  What about USC?  Same there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:04 AM »
The bammers, collectively, don't like this hire from what I can tell, it's just that the majority have decided to remain silent.  Or this is how it seems from many of the bammers I see posting/laughing at all the anti-Kiffin humor on the book faces.

I get wanting to hire an innovative, bright offensive mind, and even get weathering some bad PR to get the coach you want.  What I don't get is what, based on his past as an OC/Play Caller (which he was as a HC too), what is it he brings to the table to offset the PR hit?  He runs a "standard pro style offense" predicated on run/play action does he not?   And, according to some interviews I heard on the last couple of days, when he didn't have the horses to do things the way he likes, he reverts to a very conservative style, and a horizontal passing game. 

I just don't see the upside even when I attempt to strip away the non-objective viewpoint of a bammer hater Auburn fan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 09:31:46 AM »
The bammers, collectively, don't like this hire from what I can tell, it's just that the majority have decided to remain silent.  Or this is how it seems from many of the bammers I see posting/laughing at all the anti-Kiffin humor on the book faces.

I get wanting to hire an innovative, bright offensive mind, and even get weathering some bad PR to get the coach you want.  What I don't get is what, based on his past as an OC/Play Caller (which he was as a HC too), what is it he brings to the table to offset the PR hit?  He runs a "standard pro style offense" predicated on run/play action does he not?   And, according to some interviews I heard on the last couple of days, when he didn't have the horses to do things the way he likes, he reverts to a very conservative style, and a horizontal passing game. 

I just don't see the upside even when I attempt to strip away the non-objective viewpoint of a bammer hater Auburn fan.

That was my take on it. Someone mentioned having a faster paced offense. I have never seen a Kiffen offense that was fast paced. Satan got exactly what he just lost, but with more bad PR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:50 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24408429/saban-explains-hiring-of-lane-kiffin
Saban explains hiring of Lane Kiffin
January 13, 2014 4:46 pm ET

Nick Saban is 'excited to have Lane' on staff. (USATSI)Nick Saban is 'excited to have Lane' on staff at Alabama. (USATSI)

INDIANAPOLIS -- Nick Saban briefly explained the hiring process of Lane Kiffin on Monday at the American Football Coaches Association Convention.

“I've known him for a long time,” Saban said after speaking to approximately 4,000 coaches during an hour-long session. “I always thought he was a really good coach. All his issues come from something we're not asking him to do.”

That would be, it is assumed, not running a program as a head coach. As a play caller, Kiffin will be back to his USC roots where he first made a name for himself (beyond that of his father Monte) as an offensive coordinator for the Trojans (2005-06).

The comments are believed to be the first Saban has made publicly to media. The original announcement was made last week in a press release.

"We are excited to have Lane join our staff," Saban said in the release. "He is an outstanding and creative offensive coach who has great experience both at the college and NFL level. He has a very good understanding of the game and I have always been impressed with what I saw in the games he called. He coaches with a great deal of passion and enthusiasm, and also does an excellent job as a teacher. Lane will be an outstanding addition to our coaching staff and we look forward to him and his family joining us at the University of Alabama."

Saban charmed the coaches at the Indiana Convention Center telling them his four years under Bill Belichick “were the worst of my life.” He also said an early 80s win against Michigan while an assistant at Ohio State was “the greatest win I was ever associated with.”

The coaches chuckled when Saban told them, “I don't know if you've been to LSU but you can smell the bourbon on the 50-yard line.”
We're not askin him to talk or be a human being, aaight?

We're not askin him to recruit, aaight?

We're not askin him to get hookers for the players, aaight?

We're not askin him to "call plays" or "manage an offense" or anything like that, aaight?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »
In trying to figure out this hire, I have developed some hypothoses. 1. It's all about recruiting/cheating. Yes, they are already the #1 eery single year based on most Rec owned recruiting sites BUT we have supposedly flip flapped two (2) of their verbals this year. That hasn't happened since NS has been there.

2. Maybe he is friends with Monty and wants to help an old friends kid out.

3. Maybe he is in denial (I truly believe this one) regarding the shortcomings of his defense in stopping hunh and spread O's.

Or, maybe a combo of all 3+. Heard Danny Sherridan raving about the hire yesterday and he put winner of the AU/UA game in the hunt for next year with FSU, Oregon and a few others. So, even. With a new OC, qb, etc.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:56:08 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 10:50:01 AM »
So Lord Saybinz is in Indianapolis, hooking up with his good buddy, Mark Emmert. 

Now Mark, Lane is going to be working a little of his recruiting magic for us, aiight?  (Wink wink nod nod)  Mark, I know it's the dead period but Lane is coming in here late and hasn't met all our commitments so we're gonna' go ahead and send him out on the recruiting trail, aiight? (wink wink nod nod)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 04:06:07 PM »
That was my take on it. Someone mentioned having a faster paced offense. I have never seen a Kiffen offense that was fast paced. Satan got exactly what he just lost, but with more bad PR.

In thinking about it, I can only come up with one theory.  Saban wants to dabble in fast paced offense, but isn't willing to go out and hire a HUNH OC and let him run his own offense.  Like Chiz did with what's his fucking name post Malzahn (or Tubs with Franklin), he's hired a yes man that knows offense but needed a (or wanted a better)  job and was willing to tell him what he wanted to hear to get it.   He probably told Saban that he'd run what ever cobbled together abortion of the Spread/part-time HUNH/Pro-Style that Saban wanted to see.   And I hope it works out just as well for Saban as it did for Chiz and Tubs.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:07:46 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
He is a dumpster fire as a head coach.  So was Gene Chizik.  So was Shula.  However, Chizik was a good coordinator.  Shula has done well in his first year as an NFL OC and QB coach at Carolina.  Muschamp is another that is right at dumpster fire level as a head coach, but was a good coordinator. 

I'm at least willing to give him a chance, because the offense has to change.  The same ol' same ol' just isn't getting the job done anymore.   

You goat humping drone.  If Saban said his piss was champagne you'd pop a cork and raise a glass.

Alabama averaged nearly 40 points per game the last two years. The losses you've had are all on the defense being out coached.

It's not the offense dumb ass. And even if it was who the hell is lane kiffin? He's no offensive mastermind. The players he just left called his offense "a joke".  And ORGERON did better with it than he did.

Don't lie. If any other SEC team hired Kiffin you'd be breaking your coccyx laughing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2014, 04:14:17 PM »
If he's really worried about the HUNH, it would seem that he would hire a Scot Loeffler type "3 yards and a cloud of dust" OC to simply burn clock and manhandle the opponents' defenses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »
Yeppers.  Nuttmeisters offenses averaged more points and yards than any during the Lord Saybinz era.  It wasn't the O.  I think people are reading too much into this. And I don't think Kiffin is going to come in and make wholesale changes to the offense.  Lord Saybinz will not allow it to be so.  Nuttmeister took the Michigan job to become one of the top 5 highest paid assistants in the country. Just like Pruitt left FSU for an extra $350K in pocket change. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 06:51:40 PM »
You goat humping drone.  If Saban said his piss was champagne you'd pop a cork and raise a glass
Saban's piss is not champagne? Is this official?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
WOTS is Kiffen is telling recruits the turds are going HUNH. Considering Kiffen has never been a HUNH type coach, nor is Saban, this shit is going to blow up in their face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
You goat humping drone.  If Saban said his piss was champagne you'd pop a cork and raise a glass.

Alabama averaged nearly 40 points per game the last two years. The losses you've had are all on the defense being out coached.

It's not the offense dumb ass. And even if it was who the hell is lane kiffin? He's no offensive mastermind. The players he just left called his offense "a joke".  And ORGERON did better with it than he did.

Don't lie. If any other SEC team hired Kiffin you'd be breaking your coccyx laughing.

At least Chizik had a helluva track record as a position coach and coordinator before he found out he wasn't very good at being the head guy. And he's genuinely a nice guy.

Cant say either about Kiffin. What the fuck has he ever done? Aside from be a big mouthed horses' ass and lightning rod for an NCAA official.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE