Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Awesome Being in the White Male Club!

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: It's Awesome Being in the White Male Club!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
Perfect example of the way of thinking that created this training manual in the first place.

If you are white and you are embarrased about it, keep it to yourself. The rest of us are not embarrassed and see no reason to "even the odds".

I'm not saying anyone should be embarrassed.  I'm not advocating affirmative action.  I'm just saying that in this day and age, in this country, if you don't admit that being a hetero, white male brings you substantial advantage, then you're being deliberately obtuse.

Is it because their better or work harder? A little of both?

It's because sports statistics are one of the last pure metrics of performance.  That's all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:13 AM »
Follow up question:  would you give it up?

Just to have an extra muscle?  nah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
I'm not saying anyone should be embarrassed.  I'm not advocating affirmative action.  I'm just saying that in this day and age, in this country, if you don't admit that being a hetero, white male brings you substantial advantage, then you're being deliberately obtuse.

And what most of us are saying is that if you don't admit that there is a concerted effort to level the playing field by pulling white people down rather than lifting others up then you are being deliberately obtuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »
And what most of us are saying is that if you don't admit that there is a concerted effort to level the playing field by pulling white people down rather than lifting others up then you are being deliberately obtuse.

True.

But geometry has no place in this argument.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
True.

But geometry has no place in this argument.
The white arabs invented it. It belongs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
The white arabs invented it. It belongs.

Are they similar to white Latinos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »

That would never happen  :facepalm:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/item/14856-school-cancels-honors-night-to-avoid-hurt-feelings

A Massachusetts school principal has cancelled his school’s Honors Night in the belief that it would cause students who are not receiving an award to feel self-conscious and disappointed in themselves. According to Principal David Fabrizio of Ipswich Middle School, Honors Night could be “devastating” to the students who worked hard, but did not earn good enough grades to receive an award.

"The Honors Night, which can be a great sense of pride for the recipients' families, can also be devastating to a child who has worked extremely hard in a difficult class but who, despite growth, has not been able to maintain a high grade-point average," Fabrizio penned in a letter to parents.

Fabrizio asserted that he decided to cancel because academic success is often contingent upon support at home, which not all students are lucky enough to have.

Predictably, many parents are angered by the principal’s decision. "It's been a tradition in Ipswich, and you're very proud as a parent to see your child, as well as some of the other children who made, really, some great efforts," said one of the parents, Dave Morin.

“I am mortified at the comments Mr. Fabrizio made,” Facebook user Patti Rairden wrote on Wednesday. “Accomplishments should be recognized. They encourage more strides toward excellence.”

Another user, Joey Tiberio, wrote that it’s people like Fabrizio “that are killing this country.”

“Maybe it would encourage other students to work harder,” Nancy H. Murphy DelSignore wrote, referring to keeping Honors Night.

In response to criticism, Fabrizio defensively responded that he will include the honors ceremony in an end-of-the-year assembly where students will be recognized in front of the student body, rather than in a separate evening in front of families only.

“Ipswich Middle School is dedicated to high achievement in every facet of our students’ lives. We did not cancel honors recognition as erroneously reported by FOX News Boston,” he wrote. “We changed our Honors Night from an exclusive ceremony at night to an all-inclusive ceremony during the day in the presence of the entire student body.”

He continued, seemingly contradicting the letter he sent to parents explaining the change, “This isn’t the dumbing down of America. This isn’t everyone getting a trophy. The same kids who were honored before are being honored now.”

He now asserts that the change is an improvement because it will allow the students who have achieved good grades to be honored for their success and serve as positive examples to their peers. “We had a situation where our best students were being honored exclusively away from the rest of the school. The problem was, those who needed that motivation weren’t there,” Fabrizio told the IPSwich Chronicle.

Yet if the students who excelled were honored in a separate ceremony away from the other students, would that not actually prove to be less “devastating” to the students who don't get the awards, according to the principal's logic?

TheBlaze countered Fabrizio's new position: “On the flip side, there’s also the fact that holding an evening event was special and offered children who deserve praise the necessary accolades. By simply merging this event with the larger, end-of-year assembly, the unique nature of the awards disappears.”

The entire ordeal is reminiscent of the popular children’s film, The Incredibles, wherein superheroes were forced to go into hiding because their presence made average citizens feel inadequate. In an effort to abide by the new rules, the superhero mother tried teaching her superhero children to hide their heroic abilities, much to the chagrin of her children. During a heated discussion on the subject with her son, the mother argued, “Everybody’s special,” to which he astutely replied, “Which is another way of saying nobody’s special.”

Similar politically correct efforts to guard students from any negativity are pervading education systems across the world and are interfering with children’s educational development, as well as social development. In the United Kingdom, teachers are banning children from having best friends, forcing them instead to play in large groups.

"I have noticed that teachers tell children they shouldn’t have a best friend and that everyone should play together," U.K.-based psychologist Gaynor Sbuttoni told The Sun. "They are doing it because they want to save the child the pain of splitting up from their best friend. But it is natural for some children to want a best friend. If they break up, they have to feel the pain because they're learning to deal with it."

While the effort is being touted as a means to protect students from hurt feelings, some psychologists believe that hurt feelings are a necessary component of growth. “I don’t see how you can stop people from forming close friendships. We make and lose friends throughout our lives,” asserts the organization The Campaign for Real Education, which advocates for more parental choice in state education. It adds that the “ridiculous” policy was robbing children of their childhood.

Spokesman Chris McGovern notes, “Children take things very seriously and if you tell them they can’t have a best friend it can be seriously damaging to them. They need to learn about relationships.”

A school district in Maryland outlawed hugs, classroom treats on birthdays, and handing out of party invitations at school if the entire class is not included.

All the political correctness prompted The Inquisitr to write:

Trying to sanitize our children’s lives from every harsh reality of life is both futile and counterproductive. Learning how to deal with little stumbling blocks prepares children for the hurdles they will face later on. I very distinctly remember my Dad explaining to us at an early age that life wasn’t fair. As a result, we never stomped our feet or threatened to hold our breath until our faces turned blue because of some perceived injustice that blatantly flew in the face of fairness.

Ipswich Middle School is just another fatality in the war on “hurt feelings” in our schools. The end-of-year assembly, which will now include the handing out of honor’s awards, is tentatively scheduled for the week of June 17.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »
^^ that right there. This mentality IS the issue. Victicrat, empathy, what's in it for me, entitlement society....whatever you want to call.

We. Are. Fucked. It's a cradle to grave philosophy. And it's not normal human nature to have a govt body do this. It just isn't.  I see no coming back from this.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:09:29 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »
Can you be a minority woman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 12:19:03 PM »
Can you be a minority woman?
I would put VV at about 40%. Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »

Ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
Survey says....

Fer chrissake...I agreed with your argument that had zero affiliation with what I said.  Total non-sequitur.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:27 PM »
Fer chrissake...I agreed with your argument that had zero affiliation with what I said.  Total non-sequitur.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh c'mon man. Weez jus funnin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:24 PM »

Can you tell me where the Bryant Street Theater is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »
What kind of a bum fuck shit town is this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."