Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mother Leaves Baby in Car; Baby Dies

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Mother Leaves Baby in Car; Baby Dies
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2014, 10:25:34 AM »
Well that settles it. Zimmerman needs to die. He's obviously guilty. I mean, all of you said so...

Its hard to defend the guy as "leaving the kid in the car accidentally" or "forgetting" when he made a cognitive effort to go back out and "check" on him at lunch. This is probably what Prosecutor and law enforcement knew that we didn't that brought about the charge. And then there is the google search.

No one on here is "saying so"....the evidence is saying so. Yeah, he will have his day in court, innocent until proven guilty and all that, but its seriously hard to dispute this evidence. I'd really like to see this guy explain it away. This should be good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:51 AM »
Its hard to defend the guy as "leaving the kid in the car accidentally" or "forgetting" when he made a cognitive effort to go back out and "check" on him at lunch. This is probably what Prosecutor and law enforcement knew that we didn't that brought about the charge. And then there is the google search.

No one on here is "saying so"....the evidence is saying so. Yeah, he will have his day in court, innocent until proven guilty and all that, but its seriously hard to dispute this evidence. I'd really like to see this guy explain it away. This should be good.

"I really wanted to kill the family dog in the car but wasn't sure how long it would take so I tested it out on the human pet."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:23 AM »
"I really wanted to kill the family dog in the car but wasn't sure how long it would take so I tested it out on the human pet."

I think the preferred nomenclature is "critter".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2014, 10:47:05 AM »

And all of the "evidence" in the Zimmerman case pointed to him as racist white guy who hunted and killed a defenseless skittles eating baby boy!

It's like you people have learned nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2014, 10:55:56 AM »
Cognitive Dissonance: Look it up, CCTAU. You're a victim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2014, 11:04:26 AM »
Well that settles it. Zimmerman needs to die. He's obviously guilty. I mean, all of you said so...
He's a bama fan of course he is guilty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
And all of the "evidence" in the Zimmerman case pointed to him as racist white guy who hunted and killed a defenseless skittles eating baby boy!

It's like you people have learned nothing.

I know I'm always google searching how to kill animals in my hot car.  That's some funny shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:49 AM »
Criminal negligence is a higher standard.  Its more than accidental.  All vehicle accidents are negligence but we dont prosecute those criminally unless there is something more than innatentiveness.  Ie texting while driving or DUI.

I posted this while driving.  And simultaneously eating a granola bar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »

Just gonna say... this is not the same as Zimmerman. 

This is a douche who pretty obviously faked anguish to get away with murdering his own child. 

Rawl Tahd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2014, 11:48:41 AM »
This guy did this on purpose - but lots of parents don't.  It can happen and does happen, like any accident, and in my personal opinion, it is not a criminal offense, and should not be prosecuted at all (cases like this asshole excepted).  I know for a fact those parents will suffer more than you could possibly imagine.

It came close to happening to me, and I don't think anyone here would or could accuse me of being a neglectful mom.  Our regular morning routine was broken up by a doctor's appointment, and I got halfway to work before I realized I had not taken Katie to the babysitter. She was asleep in her car seat in the backseat and I completely forgot she was there.  Scared the living shit out of me, because I was only too aware of what could have happened.  She was newborn little, I had already gone back to work and was tired from being up all hours of the night nursing, and was driving on auto pilot.  So for all of you who say "Oh, it would never happen to me..." - you can't say that.  Because yeah, it could.  All it takes is a change in routine or a sleepless night or a stressful situation to distract you.  You can't tell me that you have never driven to work on auto-pilot, and just kind of snapped back to yourself and realized you were at work and can't remember the drive in, especially if it is a daily routine. 

I turned around and took her to the babysitter and all was well. But I still have nightmares about this incident and always will, and nothing even happened. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2014, 11:53:46 AM »

He went to check on him at lunch?  It says that?

Fwiw...the warrant is not evidence.

They are looking for evidence of knowledge or intent...they may have found it.  Maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
Look, he had to make some harsh decisions in his life. 

Food and clothing for a child or additional personalized tags and stickers for his vehicle. 

Caring for a child or appropriately displaying his Bama fandom? 
Caring for a child or saving money for Got 16 t-shirts and stickers which will be out in January?
Caring for a child or having enough cash to rent a bigger TV to watch Bama dominate the "Final Four' ?
Caring for a child or being able to travel back to Tuscaloosa for the championship parade?
Caring for a child or getting that houndstooth hat he saw at Cracker Barrel?
Caring for a child or scraping together gas money to have his picture taken in front of Saban's statue?

Choice is pretty obvious once you look at the facts.  Saban worship trumps all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
This guy did this on purpose - but lots of parents don't.  It can happen and does happen, like any accident, and in my personal opinion, it is not a criminal offense, and should not be prosecuted at all (cases like this asshole excepted).  I know for a fact those parents will suffer more than you could possibly imagine.

It came close to happening to me, and I don't think anyone here would or could accuse me of being a neglectful mom.  Our regular morning routine was broken up by a doctor's appointment, and I got halfway to work before I realized I had not taken Katie to the babysitter. She was asleep in her car seat in the backseat and I completely forgot she was there.  Scared the living shit out of me, because I was only too aware of what could have happened.  She was newborn little, I had already gone back to work and was tired from being up all hours of the night nursing, and was driving on auto pilot.  So for all of you who say "Oh, it would never happen to me..." - you can't say that.  Because yeah, it could.  All it takes is a change in routine or a sleepless night or a stressful situation to distract you.  You can't tell me that you have never driven to work on auto-pilot, and just kind of snapped back to yourself and realized you were at work and can't remember the drive in, especially if it is a daily routine. 

I turned around and took her to the babysitter and all was well. But I still have nightmares about this incident and always will, and nothing even happened.

Some here believe it cant happen by accident and its a crime if it does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »

They are looking for evidence of knowledge or intent...they may have found it.  Maybe.

Some people seem to think they have it all figured out. The guy is obviously guilty. I mean they are investigating him. SO he has to be guilty.

I don't know if he did this on purpose or not. But like I said earlier, if he did, I'll help throw the rope over a limb.

But to run around convicting a guy from news reports? Well, most of you are smart enough to know the news fashions things to their benefit. If there is nothing to see here, you don't read, watch, or listen. They lose.

I've just come to the conclusion that we should stick to the innocent until PROVEN guilty process.

Some of you wold have TW in therapy now for admitting she forgot about the sitter. Obviously she was contemplating killing her baby...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
Some people seem to think they have it all figured out. The guy is obviously guilty. I mean they are investigating him. SO he has to be guilty.

I don't know if he did this on purpose or not. But like I said earlier, if he did, I'll help throw the rope over a limb.

But to run around convicting a guy from news reports? Well, most of you are smart enough to know the news fashions things to their benefit. If there is nothing to see here, you don't read, watch, or listen. They lose.

I've just come to the conclusion that we should stick to the innocent until PROVEN guilty process.

Some of you wold have TW in therapy now for admitting she forgot about the sitter. Obviously she was contemplating killing her baby...

Out on a limb here, dog.  I usually stand with you but this one is off the rails for me. 

Too many coincidences.  Too much inconsistency in his story. 

Agree that rush to judgment (Zimmerman) is bad.  But so is rush to defense.  We had morons setting up a DEFENSE FUND for this guy and hailing him as a hero/victim before extenuating circumstances were known. 

Hail Saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
All it takes is a change in routine or a sleepless night or a stressful situation to distract you.  You can't tell me that you have never driven to work on auto-pilot, and just kind of snapped back to yourself and realized you were at work and can't remember the drive in, especially if it is a daily routine. 
You've said this more eloquently than I but it's what I'm feeling. Accidents CAN happen to anyone and there is a difference between accidents and negligence. End of story. I don't yet know which applies in this instance, yet. But early reports have it sounding like neither.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2014, 01:16:23 PM »
Out on a limb here, dog.  I usually stand with you but this one is off the rails for me. 

Too many coincidences.  Too much inconsistency in his story. 

Agree that rush to judgment (Zimmerman) is bad.  But so is rush to defense.  We had morons setting up a DEFENSE FUND for this guy and hailing him as a hero/victim before extenuating circumstances were known. 

Hail Saban.

I hear ya. I do not agree with the setting up of a support group for the guy. And things really do not look kosher. But I cannot definetively say he killed his own child on purpose.

And any support I may have given the guy, is the same support I would giver any parent who "forgot"
 their child.

As this plays out, if he is found guilty, the amount of heartbreak I will feel, not only for the child, but for humanity itself will be epic.

And I have to believe that a person must be proven guilty.

I am not defending the man or his actions, I am defending the process.

The whole situation is sickening no matter what the legal outcome is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2014, 02:05:14 PM »

As Kaos said, youre off the rails dude. And I also usually agree with you on most things.

And this is NOTHING like Zimmerman. That involved self defense and a lot of gray area. This involves the death of a toddler and possible neglect. And he IS innocent until proven guilty. I think most of what were saying is in response to the people who have made this guy out to be some kind of facebook hero, throwing money at him without knowing anything. They are worse than those who were proclaiming guilt of murder before anything actually came out.

If you go back and look in this thread, I said there was a middle ground somewhere. Pretty sure Chad and THS did as well. I don't think there was anyone on here that came right out and said " a child is dead so hang the mf'er!".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »

http://nypost.com/2014/06/25/dad-knew-son-was-trapped-inside-hot-car-warrant/
A newly filed arrest warrant supporting the murder charge against 33-year-old Justin Ross Harris states that he stopped with his son for breakfast and also returned to put something inside his vehicle around lunchtime while the child was inside it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/facts-will-show-death-kid-hot-car-not-negligence-says-n140491
"During lunch said accused (Harris) did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle," the warrant said. "Said accused then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business."

That, plus the fact that he "forgot" him between taking him to breakfast and the 0.2 miles to his work, plus the smoking gun that he was googling how long it takes to kill an animal in a hot car...

You have to be a fucking idiot to defend this as an accident. Plain & simple. You have to be so invested in your predetermined position that this guy is a hero and deserving of our sympathy that you have shut off your brain in order to defend him.

Period.

And TW didn't forget her kid and kill it. If she had, that would be criminal negligence. But she didn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions