Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Holy crap...

Re: Holy crap...
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
What's so bad is, wait to see Chizad's reaction when Brees is in the wind (pun intended),

Where is Brees going?  He's been franchised for the 2012 season.

The biggest question concerning the 2012 Saints season is how many players on the defensive side of things will be suspended and for how long.  If they are no longer on the Saints, will they still be suspended?

With Spags as the new DC, he very could easily move into the role of Head Coach for the year.  I think Brees has enough concept of the offense that he can run it with help from Carmichael.

Am I pissed about what the NFL did?  Yes.  But I also realize that if your boss tells you to knock some shit off, and you keep doing it, you're going to get the hammer dropped on you.

I think the offense is good enough to win 4-6 games by itself, assuming that they get decimated on the defensive side of things with suspensions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »
What's so bad is, wait to see Chizad's reaction when Brees is in the wind (pun intended), and a plethora of player suspensions ranging from 4 games up is handed down.  The Saint's may be lucky to win a game this coming season.  No actual head coach, no star QB, defense full of back ups.  This could get much uglier.  And Chizad, I'm already on record (in response in another thread to Kaos who does actually hate the Saints) as not giving a shit one way or the other about them. 

And Chizad, when you're the ONLY one trying to argue the side you've chosen, and are using flawed logic, conjecture, and childlike "everybody does it" defenses, you need to back up and take a second look.
:pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »
:pwnd:

Dude, Chad doesn't give a fuck what you or I think at the moment. He's going to see Jimmy Buffett this weekend!! Hi Five!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2012, 10:29:30 AM »
Dude, Chad doesn't give a fuck what you or I think at the moment. He's going to see Jimmy Buffett this weekend!! Hi Five!

Dude, I want to see New Orleans BURN....BURN.  Chizad knows this already though...he can read my mind!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:30:13 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Token

« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2012, 11:28:49 AM »
The best and worst part of actually having a stance and trying to argue it on Tigersx?  Only 1 or 2 people really attempt to combat your argument, and the rest are just assholes who enjoy pissing people off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2012, 11:43:14 AM »

I guess I'm not up to speed on that, the last I heard, they were still in discussions, and even thought I saw GF mention wishing he'd come to South FL.  Ok, so one less thing to worry about, and that's all I got to say about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
The best and worst part of actually having a stance and trying to argue it on Tigersx?  Only 1 or 2 people really attempt to combat your argument, and the rest are just assholes who enjoy pissing people off.
Bitch...get back to planting evidence and Auburn shirts.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:45:53 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:27 AM »

I stay for the avatars and movie quotes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 11:45:49 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »
All the other forums do it...so it's ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »
All the other forums do it...so it's ok.

I see what you did there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »

The biggest question concerning the 2012 Saints season is how many players on the defensive side of things will be suspended and for how long.  If they are no longer on the Saints, will they still be suspended?

With Spags as the new DC, he very could easily move into the role of Head Coach for the year.  I think Brees has enough concept of the offense that he can run it with help from Carmichael.

Am I pissed about what the NFL did?  Yes.  But I also realize that if your boss tells you to knock some shit off, and you keep doing it, you're going to get the hammer dropped on you.

I think the offense is good enough to win 4-6 games by itself, assuming that they get decimated on the defensive side of things with suspensions.
I didn't want to ruin the fantasy.

He's 100% here in 2012, and I will be shocked if he isn't resigned very soon. And I've said that I acknowledge that the not being forthcoming about it is what did us in.

Still think the punishment is excessive. Still think people are latching on to the "carted off thing" and taking it out of context to create an outrage du jour.

Agree to disagree and moving on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »
I didn't want to ruin the fantasy.

If you just have to make it personal to feel redeemed, I'll help you out...

FUCK DA DIRTY ASSED SAINTS!!!!
Feel better now?  It's personal, and all about hating the Saints.  It has to almost feel like the Saints are the victims now, like they did nothing wrong, huh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
If you just have to make it personal to feel redeemed, I'll help you out...

FUCK DA DIRTY ASSED SAINTS!!!!
Feel better now?  It's personal, and all about hating the Saints.  It has to almost feel like the Saints are the victims now, like they did nothing wrong, huh?
With you, Token nailed it.

You agree with my main point, that the hysteria over the intent to harm is largely manufactured, and impossible to prove. And then in the same breath emphatically can't state enough that you couldn't disagree with me more and that the Saints deserved worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »
With you, Token nailed it.

You agree with my main point, that the hysteria over the intent to harm is largely manufactured, and impossible to prove. And then in the same breath emphatically can't state enough that you couldn't disagree with me more and that the Saints deserved worse.

You've chosen to cherry pick from my words, and haven't read and/or understood them all, or you'd get it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:30 PM »
You've chosen to cherry pick from my words, and haven't read and/or understood them all, or you'd get it.
Or maybe if you made any sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
Still think people are latching on to the "carted off thing" and taking it out of context to create an outrage du jour.

Sans "cart off" hits, the bounty system is still illegal.  But, sans "cart off" hits, the punishment would have not been as severe.

Sure, I imagine that the coaches lying (not merely being "less forthcoming") about the bounty system's existence didn't help matters.  But any time you have a system which expressly makes reference to rewarding someone for severely injuring another player, don't expect Goodell to slap you on the wrist and send you on your merry way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »
Or maybe if you made any sense.

I make perfect sense, and below is a great example why. 

Sans "cart off" hits, the bounty system is still illegal.  But, sans "cart off" hits, the punishment would have not been as severe.

VV cannot under any circumstances distinguish between the intent to knock the fuck out of someone with a perfectly legal hit and intentionally using dirty tactics or taking aim at certain areas of the body with intent to inflict an INJURY.  In his mind, and in most it seems, this "cart off hit" bounty means you must be trying to INJURE someone.   To him, it's all the same.  And that's my point.  Perception is reality. 

And, finally, "cart off" bonus or not, it's all against the rules, coaches sanctioned it, and Payton lied.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »
VV cannot under any circumstances distinguish between the intent to knock the fuck out of someone with a perfectly legal hit and intentionally using dirty tactics or taking aim at certain areas of the body with intent to inflict an INJURY.  In his mind, and in most it seems, this "cart off hit" bounty means you must be trying to INJURE someone.   To him, it's all the same.  And that's my point.  Perception is reality. 

I understand that players can be injured by perfectly legal hits.  I understand that a player doesn't need to have the intent to injure someone just because he hit him hard.

But, when you have a system in place which specifically rewards injury by paying a player who causes their opponent to require assistance getting off the field, then you are giving players incentive to injure someone.  If someone deems that incentive as sufficient (whether they need the money or they just want the bragging rights), then they're going to formulate the intent to go out there and do it.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that when the bounty system targeted certain players and stipulated rewards for taking them out of the game, no one went out there with the intent to hit that player in order to satisfy the bounty.  No one looked at any of the bounty objectives (which were presented in pre-game slides) and set out to complete them during the game.

If that's what you believe, then yet again I ask this question:  What the fuck was the purpose of the bounty system?  If it didn't change the player's style of play, and if it didn't give the players incentive to go out and intentionally try to achieve those objectives, then why have the bounty system?  Why change the bounties on certain weeks to target certain players if no one was actually going to intentionally go after those players?

To passively reward players for doing something that just occurred by happenstance during the normal course of the game?  So, you're telling me that Coach Williams designed this bounty system in an attempt to make the defense "nasty," but then no one actually changed their style of play in an attempt to meet those bounty objectives?  The increase in penalties from 2009 - 2011 was just a coincidence, as no one was intentionally trying to cause any players to be carted off from injury?

I don't buy it.  The system was in place to give the players incentive to have the intent to go out and complete the bounties.  From his statements, it was clear that this was Williams' intent for the system, and based upon the drastic increase in penalties, he got the result he wanted: players intentionally trying to satisfy bounty objectives.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:25:31 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »

BTW I agree with you in general, however in this case he has no argument, therefore I was having a hard time combating it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum