Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Finebaum to begin writing again

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Finebaum to begin writing again
« on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »
He'd reached the point in Alabama where nobody would carry him.  Not the MPR, not the B'Ham News, not the Huntsville Times. 

Just announced that he'll be writing columns for SI.com. 

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Finebaum to begin writing again
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »
He'd reached the point in Alabama where nobody would carry him.  Not the MPR, not the B'Ham News, not the Huntsville Times. 

Add that to another list of sites that I don't need to visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:21:44 PM »
Truthfully that is where he needs to be.  Maybe not writing for SI, mind you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
IMHO, Finebaum is getting ready to go national...not this Sirius/XM shit pumping the local crap, but a true national flavor college sports show.  The local idiots that parrot the same stupid shit every day will have little appeal in such a format.  Mouth breathers like Pop will lose their forum. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »
IMHO, Finebaum is getting ready to go national...not this Sirius/XM shit pumping the local crap, but a true national flavor college sports show.  The local idiots that parrot the same stupid shit every day will have little appeal in such a format.  Mouth breathers like Pop will lose their forum.

You mean New Yorkers and Bostonians and Miamians and Dallas.um..ites...don't care to hear what Legend and Tammy and Jim from Crestwood have to say? 

Shocking
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
You've just been voted off Legend island.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul.Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul.Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul.Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul. Hey Paul, How you feel Paul, Dem Aubs cheated didn't they Paul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »
Here's the thing.  If PF really is going to step into a national forum of some type and get away from this local market that's put him in the position he is...then this could be a great thing for this State.  I understand that he currently has somewhat of a national audience with his show moving to Sirrius (sp?) but IMO, it will never do much more than it is right now because there's only so much AU/UA talk that a national audience wants to hear.

As long as the basic make up of his audience continues to be the same necks that live for local smack talk, he'll continue doing what he's doing and probably go no further.  But if he truly goes national with some type of radio or TV deal, he'll have to get away from the AU/UA exclusive talk.  They really don't give a rats ass in Sacramento what time Lord Saybinz grew his morning tail. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »
Here's the thing.  If PF really is going to step into a national forum of some type and get away from this local market that's put him in the position he is...then this could be a great thing for this State.  I understand that he currently has somewhat of a national audience with his show moving to Sirrius (sp?) but IMO, it will never do much more than it is right now because there's only so much AU/UA talk that a national audience wants to hear.

As long as the basic make up of his audience continues to be the same necks that live for local smack talk, he'll continue doing what he's doing and probably go no further.  But if he truly goes national with some type of radio or TV deal, he'll have to get away from the AU/UA exclusive talk.  They really don't give a rats ass in Sacramento what time Lord Saybinz grew his morning tail.

I guess there's no denying his show has ratings, and I guess, in the end, that's all that counts from a business standpoint.  But Finebaum cannot possibly be proud of the actual product he puts out on the airwaves.  Surely he aspires to be better than what he is now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
I guess there's no denying his show has ratings

Show me these fucking ratings. 

Citadel asked for a reduction in his fees because he wasn't generating advertising.  Stations have dumped him because they couldn't sell the slots.   

Who says he has ratings?  Him? 

I don't buy that until somebody proves it to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
I guess there's no denying his show has ratings, and I guess, in the end, that's all that counts from a business standpoint.  But Finebaum cannot possibly be proud of the actual product he puts out on the airwaves.  Surely he aspires to be better than what he is now.

Sometimes I wonder if he really looks forward to another 4 hours every single day of the same callers saying the same stupid ass things.

"Aaaalllright...let's get this started....Larry is up first..."

"Paaawwl, it jest boils my blood when I heer'd I-man runnin' his mouf earlier..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »
Show me these fucking ratings. 

Citadel asked for a reduction in his fees because he wasn't generating advertising.  Stations have dumped him because they couldn't sell the slots.   

Who says he has ratings?  Him? 

I don't buy that until somebody proves it to me.

I would think they've declined some.  I don't know.  I honestly just assumed since he's moved up over the last 20 years, that he has good ratings.  I don't know it though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 01:17:45 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if he really looks forward to another 4 hours every single day of the same callers saying the same stupid ass things.

"Aaaalllright...let's get this started....Larry is up first..."

"Paaawwl, it jest boils my blood when I heer'd I-man runnin' his mouf earlier..."

The show has literally deteriorated to one caller talking smack about a previous caller for a large percentage of the show.  That's not compelling radio IMO. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
The show has literally deteriorated to one caller talking smack about a previous caller for a large percentage of the show.  That's not compelling radio IMO.

One day last week  (I think) I was driving and got all four hours. 

Pop's dumb ass called in the first 20 minutes and Jim from Fuckstick called in the last 20.  No Legend, no Darryl, no I-Man, no Tammy, no K-Dumb, no voice box guy. 

Yeah there were a few random dumbasses.  But I was really surprised at how entertaining the show was without those fucking clowns.  It moved smoothly, covered a bunch of topics, didn't bog down in the Sheridan stuff (because people really didn't want to talk about it).  The two idiot calls (pop and jim) actually jarred you out of the flow because they were such morons. 

It made me a little sick because I realized then that if he would turn his back on that handful of douchebags the show would be infinitely better. 

I don't think he can, though.  It's ego with Finebaum. I've met him a couple of times and seen his peacockian ego in full bloom.  He has nothing but disdain for the fools he cultivates, but he keeps them on his show because it gives him the high ground to look down on the rest of us plebes. 

He's an elitist. He doesn't want quality discussion, rational talk, civil debate.  Why?  Because he's not the smartest person in the room when that happens.  He's an ugly, insecure weasel.  His show is nothing but a four-hour ego-stroke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
Which makes me think if he goes national, it will only be more Tammy's, I-Man's, and Jim's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »

Good, I will have some new material to wipe my ass with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
Good, I will have some new material to wipe my ass with.

You wipe your ass with a computer screen?   Doesn't that hurt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
You wipe your ass with a computer screen?   Doesn't that hurt?

Only if you hit the corners. I have dual monitors for double the wiping.

I am hoping for the paper version though. This way I have material to read and material to wipe. Call it multi-tasking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 03:17:11 PM »
One day last week  (I think) I was driving and got all four hours. 

Pop's dumb ass called in the first 20 minutes and Jim from Fuckstick called in the last 20.  No Legend, no Darryl, no I-Man, no Tammy, no K-Dumb, no voice box guy. 

Yeah there were a few random dumbasses.  But I was really surprised at how entertaining the show was without those fucking clowns.  It moved smoothly, covered a bunch of topics, didn't bog down in the Sheridan stuff (because people really didn't want to talk about it).  The two idiot calls (pop and jim) actually jarred you out of the flow because they were such morons. 

It made me a little sick because I realized then that if he would turn his back on that handful of douchebags the show would be infinitely better. 

I don't think he can, though.  It's ego with Finebaum. I've met him a couple of times and seen his peacockian ego in full bloom.  He has nothing but disdain for the fools he cultivates, but he keeps them on his show because it gives him the high ground to look down on the rest of us plebes. 

He's an elitist. He doesn't want quality discussion, rational talk, civil debate.  Why?  Because he's not the smartest person in the room when that happens.  He's an ugly, insecure weasel.  His show is nothing but a four-hour ego-stroke.

This could be true as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 03:27:56 PM »
Pop said "Pawwwwl" a total of 14 times today. 

Finebaum hustled him off in mid babble to go to some douche in cali.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions