Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn stomps the puppies game thread...official

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Auburn stomps the puppies game thread...official
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2010, 01:07:10 PM »
Question..since my suck ass loser self only watched the last quarter...did Sugar Bear play or is he still sidelined?

He went for 158 on 3 carries.
Or he didn't.

Plus...McCalebb filled in for him nicely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2010, 01:08:44 PM »
He still has a boot on his foot. Reed was still being held out as well but she be good for Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
Let me rephrase...I understand the runs.  I don't understand running McCalebb off Guard once, much less 3 straight times.

Maybe you'd have been more happy running Fumblin' Fannin, or the Fresham Dyer?  Ok, Dyer I get...now...but he's still a Fr., and I know that the coaches were thinking "don't turn the ball over" not "let's score".  And, Since McCaleb IS an SEC RB, he'll have to carry the ball up the middle a time or 2.  Do I want to see it 25 times a game?  Hell no!  But, put things in perspective.  You can't have a guy who ONLY carries the ball on sweeps and reverses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2010, 01:24:35 PM »
Maybe you'd have been more happy running Fumblin' Fannin, or the Fresham Dyer?  Ok, Dyer I get...now...but he's still a Fr., and I know that the coaches were thinking "don't turn the ball over" not "let's score".  And, Since McCaleb IS an SEC RB, he'll have to carry the ball up the middle a time or 2.  Do I want to see it 25 times a game?  Hell no!  But, put things in perspective.  You can't have a guy who ONLY carries the ball on sweeps and reverses.

I think I would have spread the field a little with 3 or 4 WRs and run Newton on 1st down at least. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »
That situation calls for a lateral to Kodi and a throwback to Cam with a crushing block made by Pugh.

Wait..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »
I agree with Buzz, though. OMac is not built for run it up the middle three times. Cam or Dyer, perhaps. Sugar Bear would be perfect for those types of situations, so he needs to get better, stat.

I heard somewhere that they were planning on red-shirting him. Is that true?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
That situation calls for a lateral to Kodi and a throwback to Cam with a crushing block made by Pugh.

Wait..

That is exactly what happened. Are you sure your didn't watch the game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »

Wait..
Bubble screen to Caudle.....Championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
Bubble screen to Caudle.....Championship.

This man knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2010, 02:15:40 PM »
Question..since my suck ass loser self only watched the last quarter...did Sugar Bear play or is he still sidelined?

http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=35394&league=NCAAF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »
Nada Da-Da
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »
I think I would have spread the field a little with 3 or 4 WRs and run Newton on 1st down at least.

Hindsight is 50/50

Signed,

Patrick Fain Dye
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
Chris Todd is gone...you need to let that shit go man!

Yeah. I'm hanging on. God forbid somebody use another player who has succeeded in the same system as an example. And that is the only AU QB that we have seen run this system.

We still have not seen the breakneck pace out of the offense.  Is that because they CAN'T or just haven't yet?  Don't know. 

You're seeing a different Cam than the rest of the world is seeing.

I am seeing Cam from a coaching perspective. As he was scrambling left one time, Burns was very open ten yards down the field and a little to the right. He did not see him. He did NOT EVER check out of a play when blitz was showing. He does not throw the intermediate pass well at this time.  He has some very basic QB things to work on.

Am I saying he sucked? NO. He is one helluva athlete. I would hate to have to tackle him. But if he doesn't fix some of these things, it won't matter how hard he runs. Defenses will load up on him. He is damn fun to watch, but I guarantee you that Malzahn is going over these same things I mentioned with him today. I'm sure he will get better. I am just analyzing this game. I let you guys know what you should have seen in future games. Don't panic. I'm here for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »
I miss Dan Cobb
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
Yeah. I'm hanging on. God forbid somebody use another player who has succeeded in the same system as an example. And that is the only AU QB that we have seen run this system.

I am seeing Cam from a coaching perspective. As he was scrambling left one time, Burns was very open ten yards down the field and a little to the right. He did not see him. He did NOT EVER check out of a play when blitz was showing. He does not throw the intermediate pass well at this time.  He has some very basic QB things to work on.

Am I saying he sucked? NO. He is one helluva athlete. I would hate to have to tackle him. But if he doesn't fix some of these things, it won't matter how hard he runs. Defenses will load up on him. He is damn fun to watch, but I guarantee you that Malzahn is going over these same things I mentioned with him today. I'm sure he will get better. I am just analyzing this game. I let you guys know what you should have seen in future games. Don't panic. I'm here for you.

I think Cam is adequate in the QB skillz dept.  I may be looking at it from the standpoint of my initial trepidation that he would suck in that area.  He brings enough QB skillz to the table to keep folks from loading up on stopping him running.  I have no doubt he could improve some things, but he isn't the typical athletic QB that can't make a read, and looks to run first. Kodi at QB, and they load the box and dare him to throw it...Cam will kill them if they do that.  Or at least make them pay enough to win.  I hope he improves like you do, but I think he's been a bright spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2010, 05:27:02 PM »
I miss Dan Cobb

This brings back such bad memories. I hate you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
I think Cam is adequate in the QB skillz dept.  I may be looking at it from the standpoint of my initial trepidation that he would suck in that area.  He brings enough QB skillz to the table to keep folks from loading up on stopping him running.  I have no doubt he could improve some things, but he isn't the typical athletic QB that can't make a read, and looks to run first. Kodi at QB, and they load the box and dare him to throw it...Cam will kill them if they do that.  Or at least make them pay enough to win.  I hope he improves like you do, but I think he's been a bright spot.

Oh I totally agree. I am excited about his upside. I am only pointing out the things that I saw. I want him to be a monster. I want people to forget about any other QB. I would love to win all games he plays in, ugly or pretty. Just win. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
AJ Greene was getting owned all night.

Moseley performed well in Ziemba's stead.

The TD to Adams was fucking perfect.

Nick Fairley.  That is all.

The defense gave up 7 (Carr owns 7) and 250 yards...on the road...in a conference game...with those goddamned cowbells ringing constantly.  Nice effort, if you ask me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »

The defense gave up 7 (Carr owns 7) and 250 yards...on the road...in a conference game...with those goddamned cowbells ringing constantly.  Nice effort, if you ask me.

AJ Greene loves teh Bulldogs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2010, 11:37:18 PM »

Tried to call myself watching him at times, and I didn't see that, but not saying it's not true.  Generally the OL performed well all night from what I saw.

Ditto the rest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions