Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn stomps the puppies game thread...official

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Auburn stomps the puppies game thread...official
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »
I still have that one TD pass that Cam threw to Blake playing in my mind. That shit was an f'n laser, even on the slow-mo replay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »
I still have that one TD pass that Cam threw to Blake playing in my mind. That shit was an f'n laser, even on the slow-mo replay.

Not that it matters, but I think the laser was thrown to Adams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »
Not that it matters, but I think the laser was thrown to Adams.

Yes, Adams.

And that was after he stood in the pocket while the pocket was collapsing around him. He has the ability to stand their and look over the line. He is a cool dude in the pocket...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »
Yes, Adams.

And that was after he stood in the pocket while the pocket was collapsing around him. He has the ability to stand their and look over the line. He is a cool dude in the pocket...

phuc him.

I'm a cool dude with some pockets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:32 AM »
I kept watching to see where Steve Ensminger was hiding on the sidelines all night.  I don't know that I have ever seen Malzahn go that conservative before in any of his stops.  Then, when he really needed to stay that way at the end of the game, he gets the itch to go all fancified again.  Fake reverse double pivot play-action stumble 10 guys in the backfield and one man downfield on 3rd and 1 deep in MSU territory with 3:00 on the clock?  That made me scratch my head just as much as the 3 OMac carries at Left Guard from their 4 in the first quarter.  Yeah, coarch...take that 150lb bruiser and run him up the gut all night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
I kept watching to see where Steve Ensminger was hiding on the sidelines all night.  I don't know that I have ever seen Malzahn go that conservative before in any of his stops.  Then, when he really needed to stay that way at the end of the game, he gets the itch to go all fancified again.  Fake reverse double pivot play-action stumble 10 guys in the backfield and one man downfield on 3rd and 1 deep in MSU territory with 3:00 on the clock?  That made me scratch my head just as much as the 3 OMac carries at Left Guard from their 4 in the first quarter.  Yeah, coarch...take that 150lb bruiser and run him up the gut all night.

Good take!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »

To be honest, I'm thinking Malzahn MAY be trying to establish a lower gear for this team when it is needed. (see Kentucky, Bama and UGA in 2009 for when this gear was needed). We can't run wide open ALL the time. Like Titz said, explore to exploit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »
Right now Cam is a one trick pony. He has no clue how to check out of a blitz and he struggles with the intermediate ball. MSU backed up the secondary to keep the long ball from happening, but we did not hit enough across the middle. When Cam scrambles, he does not see the field well. Hopefully he will get better at this, because he is a beast on the ground. Hopefully MSU being a step up in talent was enough to get good experience on.

If Clemson can throw the ball, we are dead. Thorpe did not show up this season. Or maybe it takes him 8 games to get game ready. Bell has no ass. What does he weigh, a buck 50? And every DB was getting blocked by EVERY WR that MSU had. Hell at one time I even saw Bates dancing with a WR. If you can't get off the WR blocks, you will get eaten alive on the bubble screens. Defense will get bitch-slapped soon if they play like they did tonight. The defensive line is the only thing that kept us in it. Along with absolutely crappy passes and catching by MSU.

Mike Dyer is the real deal. Fannin should not be allowed to run the ball again. He has no vision. He had a hole over the right side, but since a Mack truck couldn't fit, he decided to break it out and lose 4 yds. This offense was not designed to have big holes. Dyer understands that, Fannin does not. I like OM's effort, but like Bell, he has no ass.

I can see why UF thought Cam would take over for Tebow, he is a faster stronger version on the ground. If his decision making skills and intermediate passing improve, I can see a great offensive year. We can only ride his legs for so long.

This was a good SEC win. Ugly, but good. The coaches have plenty to fix this long week. I'm glad we played tonight.

Chris Todd is gone...you need to let that shit go man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2010, 11:55:22 AM »
To be honest, I'm thinking Malzahn MAY be trying to establish a lower gear for this team when it is needed. (see Kentucky, Bama and UGA in 2009 for when this gear was needed). We can't run wide open ALL the time. Like Titz said, explore to exploit.

We still have not seen the breakneck pace out of the offense.  Is that because they CAN'T or just haven't yet?  Don't know. 

Quote from: author CCTAU
Right now Cam is a one trick pony. He has no clue how to check out of a blitz and he struggles with the intermediate ball. MSU backed up the secondary to keep the long ball from happening, but we did not hit enough across the middle. When Cam scrambles, he does not see the field well. Hopefully he will get better at this, because he is a beast on the ground. Hopefully MSU being a step up in talent was enough to get good experience on.

You're seeing a different Cam than the rest of the world is seeing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it last night.  WTF was darvin thinking on the INT that Cam threw. He didn't make an effort on it and should have gotten a hand on it imv.  Unless my eyes were buzzing as hard as my head, anyone else notice that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it last night.  WTF was darvin thinking on the INT that Cam threw. He didn't make an effort on it and should have gotten a hand on it imv.  Unless my eyes were buzzing as hard as my head, anyone else notice that.

I did. I bet he didn't realize that safety was over the top and thought that the ball was just over thrown. It looked like he kind of gave up on it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
We still have not seen the breakneck pace out of the offense.  Is that because they CAN'T or just haven't yet?  Don't know. 

You're seeing a different Cam than the rest of the world is seeing.

Ole CCT just gets emotional with young QB's.....like his love fest with Garrett Gilbert after the BCSCG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
I still think Farve threw a nice ball, although he got slammed on that interception.  Drew Brees can move around in the pocket and throw a nice ball...what....wait...Aren't we talking about last nights big Vikings vs Saints game?  Thats the game I was watching, was there another game on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »
Helmet stickers go to:

On Defense, none other than Nick Fairley. This guy was a one man wrecking machine on the D line; a hungry monster if you will. He has the size of two men and can snatch footballs from the heavens.

On Offense, a hard choice but I am going with Micheal Dyer. The little man has stepped into some mighty big shoes to play at Running Back U and while he has not put up gaudy numbers, he has taken it by the reigns.

Honorable mention goes to Cam Newton. While his TD to called plays were not as impressive as last week, the man delivers and is like "Cool Hand" Luke under pressure. Somebody check his pulse, is that ice in his veins?

What do you say we give Cam a new name. How about Cam "Cool Hand Newton" or The "Iceman"Newton?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2010, 12:47:11 PM »
No offense, but you guys need to study a little football 101.  When your offense is inside your own 10 you never, ever, throw the football.   97.8% of the time teams will run the football to gain field position.  The last thing you want to do is throw a pick and give them an automatic touchdown.  Now, the choice of RB is questionable, but the play calling was just right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
No offense, but you guys need to study a little football 101.  When your offense is inside your own 10 you never, ever, throw the football.   97.8% of the time teams will run the football to gain field position.  The last thing you want to do is throw a pick and give them an automatic touchdown.  Now, the choice of RB is questionable, but the play calling was just right.

I just hope that the play call was the hand off and not an option. Because if it was an option, than Cam read that very wrong. Cam looked like he could have run free if he would have kept the ball...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »
Cam looked like he could have run free if he would have kept the ball...

It's like you know what I'm thinking WE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
I just hope that the play call was the hand off and not an option. Because if it was an option, than Cam read that very wrong. Cam looked like he could have run free if he would have kept the ball...
It's like you know what I'm thinking WE.

He did, but you don't know what play they called.  Did they call the Belly, or Belly Option.  They're run exactly the same, but on one he's not given the option to pull the ball.  It would be my hope that they went conservative and didn't give him the option to pull the ball and risk a fumble on the pitch, but we'll never know.  Then too, a savvy defense that is guessing right can make you choose the option they want to stop with how they react to it.  Agree though, he looked like he could have pulled it and run, but we can't see what Cam sees while the play is developing, from the perspective he sees it.  Easy to Monday Morning QB it after you've looked at it in slow motion a few times. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »

Let me rephrase...I understand the runs.  I don't understand running McCalebb off Guard once, much less 3 straight times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »
Question..since my suck ass loser self only watched the last quarter...did Sugar Bear play or is he still sidelined?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."