Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Vols Brawl in Knox Bar

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Vols Brawl in Knox Bar
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »
The co-owner of a nightclub near the University of Tennessee campus said “seven to 10” Volunteers football players were involved in a fight at the establishment early Friday....

[bar owner's wife says]“All the security then rushed in and were trying to break it up. My husband saw them picking up bar stools and starting to swing them. We got them out the door with security. There happened to be a friend of ours who was an off-duty police officer outside. He tried to help, and he ended up getting knocked out in the street and proceeded to be kicked while he was down on the ground in the middle of Cumberland.”...

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jul/09/vols-football-players-brawl-bar/?sports
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Vols Brawl in Knox Bar
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »
I smell another Fulmer Cup in the works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

boartitz

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »
Where are the police when you need them?
Knocked out in the skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
Where are the police when you need them?
Knocked out in the skreets.

Da skreets hit hard, playa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »
Sounds like Dooley Light has his kids on a short leash. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
Its all Kiffins fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »
Sounds like Dooley Light has his kids on a short leash. 
His blueprint's in place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
Ahh... shades of the Phat Phil days...

Two Volunteers charged in bar fight
by Chris Low

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Police are continuing to investigate an early morning bar brawl Friday allegedly involving a number of Tennessee football players that left an off-duty Knoxville police officer unconscious after being kicked repeatedly while he was on the ground.

Freshman receiver Da'Rick Rogers, one of the Volunteers' most heralded signees under first-year coach Derek Dooley, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, according to Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk.

Also, sophomore safety Darren Myles Jr. was arrested and charged with assaulting a University of Tennessee police officer, as well as resisting arrest and evading arrest, according to an affidavit.

Rogers, 18, was released on $1,000 bond later Friday morning, and Myles, 19, was released on $2,000 bond. It was not clear if either player had an attorney.

DeBusk said he anticipates there will be more arrests once police are able to speak with Knoxville Police Department officer Robert Capouellez, who remains in a Knoxville hospital and is undergoing treatment for a head wound.

A second victim, whose name has not been released, also was sent to the hospital and was being treated for multiple injuries.

Debusk said Capouellez, 24, was hit in the head while trying to break up a fight in Bar Knoxville, which is located on the Cumberland Avenue strip near campus. The fight had spilled outside, and Capouellez was knocked to the ground and kicked more than once before the suspect ran away.

"We've heard that anywhere from seven to 10 people were involved in the incident inside the bar, and we believe the majority of them are associated with the UT football team," DeBusk said.

Police have reached out to Dooley, who was out of town. A school spokeswoman said a statement from the university would be released later Friday.

An affidavit regarding Myles' arrest stated that a university officer identified himself to Myles at Bar Knoxville, after which Myles fled on foot.

When the officer caught up to Myles and attempted to place him into custody, Myles broke free from the officer's grip and struck him in the face. Myles was later taken into custody by the Knoxville Police Department, which turned him over to university police.

This is the second time Myles has been in trouble. A projected starter this coming season, Myles was charged April 18 with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and public intoxication following an incident at another nightspot near campus. Dooley handled Myles' punishment for that arrest internally, though that criminal case is still pending.

Among the other Tennessee players police have questioned or plan to question in connection with the brawl are defensive tackle Montori Hughes, receiver Denarius Moore and safety Janzen Jackson. None of the three has been charged.

The Vols may end up having more than just legal problems, too. Sandy Morton, co-owner of Bar Knoxville, told The Chattanooga Times Free Press that the Tennessee football players received "VIP status" at their bar and didn't have to pay a cover.

NCAA rules stipulate that athletes aren't allowed to receive any extra benefits or special arrangements such as discounts at restaurants or bars.

Morton also told The Times Free Press that they typically don't have any issues when the Tennessee football players come in, but on this occasion, they had a problem with another patron at the bar.

"I don't know what happened, but several of the guys started beating up the other customer," Morton said. "I want to guess there was seven to 10 guys beating up this one gentleman. All the security then rushed in and were trying to break it up. My husband saw them picking up bar stools and starting to swing them. We got them out the door with security."

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:54:18 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
That's gonna' leave a large Cheeto colored mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »
NCAA violations even before Dooley's first season starts... left over from Phatboy and Kiffin... congrats Dooley.  You walked into a fully loaded bear trap hidden under a pile of neon orange shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
I think they need to play USC now.  The Chik-Filet Criminal Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
NCAA rules stipulate that athletes aren't allowed to receive any extra benefits or special arrangements such as discounts at restaurants or bars.
Bars, football players fighting, police arresting them, more bars, more fighting, more police arrests....SPuat fans/Tuscaloosa bar owners are quickly pulling all "VIP cards", for the time being.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5366458&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Vols' Dooley kicks Myles off team By Chris Low
ESPN.com

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Derek Dooley has dismissed sophomore safety Darren Myles Jr. from the team and indefinitely suspended defensive tackle Marlon Walls and linebacker Greg King in the aftermath of an early-morning bar brawl Friday allegedly involving several Vols' players.

Myles was one of two Tennessee football players arrested. He was charged with assaulting a UT police officer and resisting and evading arrest. Also, freshman receiver Da'Rick Rogers, one of the Volunteers' most heralded signees in Dooley's first recruiting class, was arrested on disorderly conduct and resisting arrest charges.

"It is a privilege, not a right, to be a member of the University of Tennessee football team," Dooley said in a statement. "The most important responsibility of that privilege is to properly represent this institution and our supporters on and off the field. I am disappointed and in many ways embarrassed by the poor judgment displayed on many fronts by several members of our football team last night.

Rogers, 18, was released on $1,000 bond later Friday morning, and Myles, 19, was released on $2,000 bond. It was not clear if either player had an attorney.

Dooley added, "As I have referenced on many occasions, a change in culture is achieved in time through a combination of education, discipline and support. We will aggressively continue to build on the many positive changes that have occurred over the last five months to ensure our program is represented with class and dignity."

Police are continuing to investigate the brawl that left an off-duty Knoxville police officer unconscious after being kicked repeatedly while he was on the ground.

DeBusk said he anticipates there will be more arrests once police are able to speak with Knoxville Police Department officer Robert Capouellez, who remains in a Knoxville hospital and is undergoing treatment for a head wound.

A second victim, whose name has not been released, also was sent to the hospital and was being treated for multiple injuries.

Debusk said Capouellez, 24, was hit in the head while trying to break up a fight in Bar Knoxville, which is located on the Cumberland Avenue strip near campus. The fight had spilled outside, and Capouellez was knocked to the ground and kicked more than once before the suspect ran away.

"We've heard that anywhere from seven to 10 people were involved in the incident inside the bar, and we believe the majority of them are associated with the UT football team," DeBusk said.

Police have reached out to Dooley, who was out of town. A school spokeswoman said a statement from the university would be released later Friday.

An affidavit regarding Myles' arrest stated that a university officer identified himself to Myles at Bar Knoxville, after which Myles fled on foot.

When the officer caught up to Myles and attempted to place him into custody, Myles broke free from the officer's grip and struck him in the face. Myles was later taken into custody by the Knoxville Police Department, which turned him over to university police.

This is the second time Myles has been in trouble. A projected starter this coming season, Myles was charged April 18 with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and public intoxication following an incident at another nightspot near campus. Dooley handled Myles' punishment for that arrest internally, though that criminal case is still pending.

Among the other Tennessee players police have questioned or plan to question in connection with the brawl are defensive tackle Montori Hughes, receiver Denarius Moore and safety Janzen Jackson. None of the three has been charged.

Knoxville attorney Greg Isaacs, who represents Hughes, said that his client was "the victim of an unprovoked assault" and that he has no knowledge of anything that took place outside the bar. Isaacs said he did not expect Hughes to face charges.

The Vols may end up having more than just legal problems, too. Sandy Morton, co-owner of Bar Knoxville, told The Chattanooga Times Free Press that the Tennessee football players received "VIP status" at their bar and didn't have to pay a cover.

Morton also told The Times Free Press that they typically don't have any issues when the Tennessee football players come in, but on this occasion, they had a problem with another patron at the bar.

"I don't know what happened, but several of the guys started beating up the other customer," Morton said. "I want to guess there was seven to 10 guys beating up this one gentleman. All the security then rushed in and were trying to break it up. My husband saw them picking up bar stools and starting to swing them. We got them out the door with security."

Interesting that the 5* Reciever who was the prize of Dooley's recruiting class who was apparently equally involved as Myles, is not kicked off the team, or suspended at all....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 07:57:01 PM »

Interesting that the 5* Reciever who was the prize of Dooley's recruiting class who was apparently equally involved as Myles, is not kicked off the team, or suspended at all....

Two things:

1) Myles had a year of college under his belt and a prior arrest just three months ago; and

2) Rogers is a true frosh for whom school hasn't even begun.  Maybe he got led along by the older guys.  Maybe he gets the 2nd chance that Myles was given...and fucked up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 12:41:40 AM »
Bars, football players fighting, police arresting them, more bars, more fighting, more police arrests....SPuat fans/Tuscaloosa bar owners are quickly pulling all "VIP cards", for the time being.

Prowler you and I both know the same thing is going in allbarn as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 08:23:38 AM »
Prowler you and I both know the same thing is going in allbarn as well.

Come on NH, only Tuscaloser has the upper echelon of thugsters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 11:06:01 PM »
Come on NH, only Tuscaloser has the upper echelon of thugsters.

Hey allbarn does as well. I've seen the prowlers.  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »
Hey allbarn does as well. I've seen the prowlers.  :vn:
Just tryin to give props thats all. T-town is where the real gangstas are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »

I got you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 09:52:39 AM »

National Championship class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions