Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New 360

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
New 360
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
Same price as what was the top of the line 360 plus it has 250gb & Wifi.

http://www.softsailor.com/news/30342-e3-2010-microsoft-introduces-new-xbox-360-with-special-kinect-port.html

E3 2010: Microsoft Introduces New Xbox 360 With Special Kinect Port
June 15th, 2010

* Buzz this!10
    * 0diggsdigg

E3 2010 has begun and Microsoft was the first to announce something at one of the most important gaming events of all year. The Redmond-based company has introduced the new Xbox 360 which has no name for the moment, and besides the cool & glossy design, there are some hardware upgrades that will hopefully improve your gaming experience.

The new Xbox 360 comes packed with a 45nm processor that doesn’t generate as much heat as older consoles, one fan (down from two) in order to keep noise levels at minimum, 250GB “removable” HDD, WiFi 802.11n, 5 x USB port, and a port for the recently announced Kinect.

According to Microsoft, users can connect their hard drives from older consoles to the new Xbox 360 via a USB-to-HDD cable. The new Xbox 360 is shipping today to retailers in the US meaning that the gaming console will be available by the end of week.

The pricing of the new Xbox 360 is $300, while the Xbox 360 Elite will cost $250 and the Xbox 360 Arcade will cost a mere $150. Microsoft says that the old Xbox 360 has been discontinued therefore it will be available in stores for a short while.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:58:04 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: New 360
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »
Do the old controllers work on the new one?

And can you transfer data from the old HDD to the new one?  Similar to how you could if you bought one of the 120GB ones and wanted to move data from the delivered 20GB to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »
Do the old controllers work on the new one?

And can you transfer data from the old HDD to the new one?  Similar to how you could if you bought one of the 120GB ones and wanted to move data from the delivered 20GB to it.

yes they do.

I would find it hard to believe that they would not have this option.  They have had it thus far with every other upgrade in hd space.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 06:16:21 AM »
The new Xbox 360 comes packed with a 45nm processor that doesn’t generate as much heat as older consoles, one fan (down from two) in order to keep noise levels at minimum.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs