Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What Would Your Parents Do To You

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
What Would Your Parents Do To You
« on: February 27, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
In response to Little Nicky's throwing the baby out with the bathwater, I wanted to know what your parents would have done with you if you messed up.

I played baseball, football, and basketball from the time I was 6 years old to the time i was senior in high school.  My parents were very supportive of my sports and realized that they were very important to me.  From an early age they made it clear that if I was going to be able to play, I better stay on the straight and narrow.  I learned at the age of 15 that they were very serious, I came home late one night without calling them and my dad proceeded to call my baseball coach and inform him that I would not be playing for a week.  When I was a senior in HS i made a D in an honors course and had to skip my senior year of basketball.  The lessons that were learned have done more for me in my adult life than any so called second chances he might have given me.

Why is it that Nicky thinks second and third chances are teaching these kids lessons, If I had gotten arrested my folks would have ended every extracurricular activity I participated in.  If Nicky were to suspend arrestees for 1/2 to a full year and then gave them a chance to return on good behavior, the problems would end in a split second.  If sports are important to any young man, he either will stay on the straight and narrow or take his punishment and come back stronger and hungrier after said suspension.  If not put them in jail now because that is likely where they will end up as an adult.

I for one hope that Satan will continue to coddle his players and continue to let the inmates run the asylum
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: What Would Your Parents Do To You
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »
My dad was strict as well, I had to miss my first year of JR High football because of a D on my report card.  Guess what though?  I never made another D on my report card.  I always thought he was just trying to bluff me into studing harder, but I found out that he was serious. 

Oh Yeah, if I had of went to jail for anything, I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:32:13 PM »
My dad was strict as well, I had to miss my first year of JR High football because of a D on my report card.  Guess what though?  I never made another D on my report card.  I always thought he was just trying to bluff me into studing harder, but I found out that he was serious. 

Oh Yeah, if I had of went to jail for anything, I probably wouldn't be typing this right now.

The last day of my sophomore year in high school, I managed to get myself suspended for my Junior year. My parents grounded me for the entire summer. If I wasn't at church or work, I was in my room. No phone access.

Very hard when you are seventeen and have a very willing girlfriend. Pun intended. My dad knew exactly what he was doing. I didn’t give a rat’s ass about hanging out with my freins. But to be cut off at that age …

They told me that if I couldn't get back into school, that I would be paying for private school.

I actually made a trip or two downtown, but I was never arrested.

I think if I called my dad from jail, he would have sent me to military school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »
he would have sent me to military school.

I resemble that remark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 04:06:16 PM »
I think if I called my dad from jail, he would have sent me to military school.
My father, the policeman, told me that if my sister or I ever got arrested, we would be spending the night in jail before he came and got us the next day.  Granted, in our tiny town of 4000 rednecks, jail was not like being in General Population at Tutweiler, but I guarandamntee you he would have gone out of his way to make sure it was not a pleasant experience. 

Needless to say, there is no mugshot of either me or my sister in existence today.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions