Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Totally Wine & More..

Totally Wine & More..
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
..store...

Just discovered this place right next to where I live.  I can tell this place and I are going to have a glorious relationship on the beer front. 

It's like Taco Mac, in Atlanta, to go.  You can buy everything there, from the single bottle, six packs, twelve packs, and more.  Every beer from the basic domestics to every kind of german bottled beer you can imagine.  If it's an import, there's a VERY good chance they have it, or can get it.

Didn't feel like getting too sporty tonight, so I picked up a Sam Adams Summer Ale six pack, and a Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale six pack and hit the homestead.

I'll be back....Ready to take this store on....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Totally Wine & More..
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »
Sounds like Spec's in Houston.  Their main warehouse store down on Smith Street, downtown, takes up THREE CITY BLOCKS.  Only in the Smith Street store can you get in line behind a River Oaks socialite ordering Dom by the case and in front of a homeless wino with a bottle of MD2020.   They have satellite stores all over town.  If Spec's can't get it for you, it can't be got.  They also have gourmet cheeses, chocolates, olives, salsa and all kinds of party stuff.  It is an invaluable resource. 

Congrats, Chop.  Nothing like having a good alcohol store to make a new location a home. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
..store...

Just discovered this place right next to where I live.  I can tell this place and I are going to have a glorious relationship on the beer front. 

It's like Taco Mac, in Atlanta, to go.  You can buy everything there, from the single bottle, six packs, twelve packs, and more.  Every beer from the basic domestics to every kind of german bottled beer you can imagine.  If it's an import, there's a VERY good chance they have it, or can get it.

Didn't feel like getting too sporty tonight, so I picked up a Sam Adams Summer Ale six pack, and a Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale six pack and hit the homestead.

I'll be back....Ready to take this store on....

It's got nothing on the Kold Keg or Mom's Party shop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »

Mom's Party Shop rocked. I wish they would have stayed open.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »
That whole stretch of Magnolia just isn't the same. 

Now I want Findley's for lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
That whole stretch of Magnolia just isn't the same. 

Now I want Findley's for lunch.
Momma G's is still there. But the parking sucks as usual.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 11:09:01 PM »

Evidently its got being still being open on Mom's Party Shop. Haha.

It might not be the greatest end all be all store, but it'll certainly help me get my drunk on most proper, and do it in better fashion than before.  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions