Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big 12 is finished

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Big 12 is finished
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
Look out for what? We just started a 10 year series with them last year. They are already on our schedule.

maybe so, but it is the media that has already elevated aTm as Arkansas' rival.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »
maybe so, but it is the media that has already elevated aTm as Arkansas' rival.

Defensive aint they?? Boartitz seems awful sensitive the last few days since the Texas schools have been brought up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »
Defensive aint they?? Boartitz seems awful sensitive the last few days since the Texas schools have been brought up.
I just don't like the motherfuckers. If they join the SEC, I'm sure you'll feel the same way soon enough.
Arkansas was the only school in the old SWC that was not a Texas school. In fairness, the conference decided to not allow any Ref with Arkansas ties to officiate our games. That meant every conference game we ever played was officiated by an all Texas crew.
I was just raised up hating them fuckers. All of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:44 AM »
I just don't like the motherphukers. If they join the SEC, I'm sure you'll feel the same way soon enough.
Arkansas was the only school in the old SWC that was not a Texas school. In fairness, the conference decided to not allow any Ref with Arkansas ties to officiate our games. That meant every conference game we ever played was officiated by an all Texas crew.
I was just raised up hating them phukers. All of them.

Oh, I am with you brother. I work with two UT guys. Nice fellas in general but they aren't afraid to tell you that Texas is the be all of everything - biggest, richest, nicest, best, etc. Even though its not technically true - they think it is, and are not shy about talking about it EVERY - FRIGGIN -  DAY. I can't point out one good thing about Auburn or even Alabama (yes I will give them their props when due) without hearing the proverbial "Oh yeah, we have that too except ours is actually bigger/better/nicer/richer" ...Its more of an arrogance than an obsession. They have a ton of sidewalk fans and their student section cares more about getting to the weird hippie music festival than watching the 2nd half of the game. DKR stadium is surprisingly quiet to hold 100K people and having such a 'large' student body and fan base as they like to claim.

To me , its also ironic they try to present this 'countrified good ole boy' image of their fanbase and school when Austin is anything but. One of the guys remarked one day how he thought Colt was such a regular old Country Boy and he wouldn't be surprised to see Colt stop on the way to a UT game in Austin to help a farmer bail some hay. I was like "you have been to Austin right?" - it wouldn't be a farmer with hay but more likely a hippie with hemp. Funny too, because when its convenient they make fun of the Aggies for the same things they like to try to be - Agriculture.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:03:42 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2010, 10:49:13 AM »
You do know who the A&M regent making the most noise about joining the SEC is, right? No other than Gene Stallings. Bammer and Aggie rolled into one. Is that who you want sharing our money?
Our TV contract is set for the next few years. If we add members, that means all the schools in now get their shares cut.
I'm against any new members right now. Damn sure don't feel like paying them to join.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
You do know who the A&M regent making the most noise about joining the SEC is, right? No other than Gene Stallings. Bammer and Aggie rolled into one. Is that who you want sharing our money?
Our TV contract is set for the next few years. If we add members, that means all the schools in now get their shares cut.
I'm against any new members right now. Damn sure don't feel like paying them to join.
True, but the market there is what is attractive. A&M is third in profit among Big 12 schools. They are looking at the air distances to say Washington or Oregon, 1600-1700^ miles as opposed to 900 to Gainesville.The prelims indicated a Texas package deal to the Pac-10 but now we learn that Slive has been in contact with A&M for 2 months. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »

youve done ruffled some feath...no wait, youve done made the pig squeal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2010, 12:07:13 PM »
True, but the market there is what is attractive. A&M is third in profit among Big 12 schools. They are looking at the air distances to say Washington or Oregon, 1600-1700^ miles as opposed to 900 to Gainesville.The prelims indicated a Texas package deal to the Pac-10 but now we learn that Slive has been in contact with A&M for 2 months. 
What market? We have a TV deal with ESPN and CBS that shows us Nationwide. The Aggie neighborhood already gets us on TV. I don't give a fuck if they watch us or not.
You're looking at this from the networks point of view. They'll be the ones to profit, not the SEC teams already locked into a multi-year contract.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
What market? We have a TV deal with ESPN and CBS that shows us Nationwide. The Aggie neighborhood already gets us on TV. I don't give a phuk if they watch us or not.
You're looking at this from the networks point of view. They'll be the ones to profit, not the SEC teams already locked into a multi-year contract.
As an overall earner,Texas A&M is a top 20 program, top 15 in football. What does Slive want them for an ornament?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:37:24 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2010, 12:37:38 PM »
As an overall earner,Texas A&M is a top 20 program, top 15 in football. What does Slive want them for an ornament?

I keep hearing blather on the radio about who should go where to make the best conference, and "If The U of _____ was in the SEC, they would lose 5 games a year"...etc. etc.  This whole deal is about $$$$$$.  Not a contest to see who can create the biggest badest lineup of top 10 teams.  Expansion of TV markets, and revenue are the primary if not the ONLY considerations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »
I keep hearing blather on the radio about who should go where to make the best conference, and "If The U of _____ was in the SEC, they would lose 5 games a year"...etc. etc.  This whole deal is about $$$$$$.  Not a contest to see who can create the biggest badest lineup of top 10 teams.  Expansion of TV markets, and revenue are the primary if not the ONLY considerations.

Winnah Winnah Cheeken Dinnah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »
Well, that was sort of my aim. If it were simply about being competitive I would say throw TCU in with A&M.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »

Youre right, this is about TV Sets and Markets. If the SEC doesnt make a move to increase market and revenue this could have an effect on the schools in the SEC 5-10 years down the road - think money. I am for increasing the SEC by 2 teams though, not necessarily 4. I think UNC and Va Tech would bring in new markets and some BB credibility with UNC. UNC's BB market is HUUUGGGEEE...FSU and Ga Tech are good programs but really dont bring any more money or market to the table. Texas AM and Okl would as would VT and UNC.

Lets say for easy math sake, the SEC has revenue of 120 million amongst its 12 members = 10 million/per member. The added members HAVE to bring in 10 million per or better to make any deal worthwhile. Adding Okl, aTM, VT or UNC would allow the SEC leverage to renegotiate a bigger contract at the same time adding more market thus increasing this 10 million per team most likely. GT and FSU would likely bring the per team rate DOWN in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2010, 01:22:57 PM »
Youre right, this is about TV Sets and Markets. If the SEC doesnt make a move to increase market and revenue this could have an effect on the schools in the SEC 5-10 years down the road - think money. I am for increasing the SEC by 2 teams though, not necessarily 4. I think UNC and Va Tech would bring in new markets and some BB credibility with UNC. UNC's BB market is HUUUGGGEEE...FSU and Ga Tech are good programs but really dont bring any more money or market to the table. Texas AM and Okl would as would VT and UNC.

Lets say for easy math sake, the SEC has revenue of 120 million amongst its 12 members = 10 million/per member. The added members HAVE to bring in 10 million per or better to make any deal worthwhile. Adding Okl, aTM, VT or UNC would allow the SEC leverage to renegotiate a bigger contract at the same time adding more market thus increasing this 10 million per team most likely. GT and FSU would likely bring the per team rate DOWN in the SEC.
I'm with you on VaTech.    Drawing Carolina away would be a real coup, but met with more internal resistance of nearly any other school except Duke. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »
What market? We have a TV deal with ESPN and CBS that shows us Nationwide. The Aggie neighborhood already gets us on TV. I don't give a fuck if they watch us or not.

THIS.  How can we get any bigger in terms of market than NATIONWIDE?  EVERYONE watches the SEC - our games are certainly better than whatever bullshit the PAC-10 is showing - same for the Big East.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 03:02:56 PM »
Have to agree with titz and TW here.  I too am not excited about adding members.  If we do though, I wouldn't mind us taking GT and FSU.   Purely for the rivalries that are partially there and could be built. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
Have to agree with titz and TW here.  I too am not excited about adding members.  If we do though, I wouldn't mind us taking GT and FSU.   Purely for the rivalries that are partially there and could be built. 

Fuck FSU.  They were too pussy to join the SEC the first time around.  I don't want to offer them a port in the storm. 

I repeat: Fuck FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:48 PM »
THIS.  How can we get any bigger in terms of market than NATIONWIDE?  EVERYONE watches the SEC - our games are certainly better than whatever bullpoop the PAC-10 is showing - same for the Big East.

Wait until the PAC 10 and Big 10 get their new contracts. They will blow right by us in revenue. The Big 10 already is higher than us in revenue. If you don't think that means something, think longterm. Revenue pays for everything - recruiting, facilities, etc. We do NOT need to get left behind in this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
UT will not come to the SEC. The SEC shares it's TV revenues equally. The Big 12 does not. TX gets a bigger portion than any other school in the league. They would probably lose money coming into the SEC. Plus they would lose a couple more games per year.

The PAC 1+15 would probably negotiate a sweetheart revenue sharing deal with TX. The SEC will not.

I hate UT as much as Boartitz. Fuck them and the goats they molested on the way in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
UT will not come to the SEC. The SEC shares it's TV revenues equally. The Big 12 does not. TX gets a bigger portion than any other school in the league. They would probably lose money coming into the SEC. Plus they would lose a couple more games per year.

The PAC 1+15 would probably negotiate a sweetheart revenue sharing deal with TX. The SEC will not.

I hate UT as much as Boartitz. Fuck them and the goats they molested on the way in.

That's the goodz.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.