Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Would You Trade For Him?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Would You Trade For Him?
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
I picked up a Sports Illustrated this morning froma couple of weeks back.  Glanced at an article about players who have suddenly become trade bait when coming into the season, you would never have thunk it.  As a big Braves fan, I was pumped about the possibility of some of the names, especially since the Braves look to be at least contending for a wildcard this year.  Pitching wise, the names of Cliff Lee and Roy Oswalt stood out big time.  Both are with crappy ass teams Oswalt in particular, wants to be traded to a contender.  Picking up either one of these guys would instantly put a contending team solidly in the running for the rest of the season.

The article also talked about Prince Fielder and the fact that the Brew Crew have been tring to lock him up long term; however, it turns out the club has gone backwards and they need players, not a huge contract.  Paul Konerko of the White Sox is having a monster HR year so far and the Sox have been far less than stellar so far.  Trade deadline is July 31st.  How bout' it Cubby fans...anyone you need to unload (Besides the whole team)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Would You Trade For Him?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
I picked up a Sports Illustrated this morning froma couple of weeks back.  Glanced at an article about players who have suddenly become trade bait when coming into the season, you would never have thunk it.  As a big Braves fan, I was pumped about the possibility of some of the names, especially since the Braves look to be at least contending for a wildcard this year.  Pitching wise, the names of Cliff Lee and Roy Oswalt stood out big time.  Both are with crappy ass teams Oswalt in particular, wants to be traded to a contender.  Picking up either one of these guys would instantly put a contending team solidly in the running for the rest of the season.

The article also talked about Prince Fielder and the fact that the Brew Crew have been tring to lock him up long term; however, it turns out the club has gone backwards and they need players, not a huge contract.  Paul Konerko of the White Sox is having a monster HR year so far and the Sox have been far less than stellar so far.  Trade deadline is July 31st.  How bout' it Cubby fans...anyone you need to unload (Besides the whole team)

Take Soriano please...

I would even get rid of D. Lee's old ass right now.

Fukudome? Want him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Would You Trade For Him?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »
You just keep your damn Native American hands off of Carlos Silva and Marlon Byrd.  Anyone else...please take.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.