As does my phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: iPhone 4
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2010, 09:41:20 AM »
Even withOUT a "bumper"?  That's some hot shit right'derrr!!!
I just read a story on Fox News that talks about some of the companies Jobs used as examples, firing back. RIM sees it the same way you do.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/17/rivals-hit-apple-iphone-death-grip-claims/?test=latestnews
"One thing is for certain, RIM's customers don't need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity," Lazaridis and Balsillie wrote. "Apple clearly made certain design decisions and it should take responsibility for these decisions rather than trying to draw RIM and others into a situation that relates specifically to Apple."

My wife used to have a BB, and never had connectivity issues. I don't need a case to use my Eris either. Why is it so difficult to just say "Ok, we fucked up", and fix it? No reason to drag other manufacturers into it. Total bitch move by Apple, IMO, and they are simply trying to deflect.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:42:39 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Aubie16

« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »
Did Apple steal yalls lunch money? Goddamn.

I'm glad y'all are happy with your phone, just as I'm happy with mine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2010, 09:52:24 AM »
I just read a story on Fox News that talks about some of the companies Jobs used as examples, firing back. RIM sees it the same way you do.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/17/rivals-hit-apple-iphone-death-grip-claims/?test=latestnews
My wife used to have a BB, and never had connectivity issues. I don't need a case to use my Eris either. Why is it so difficult to just say "Ok, we fucked up", and fix it? No reason to drag other manufacturers into it. Total bitch move by Apple, IMO, and they are simply trying to deflect.

The funniest part of it all?  You KNOW that most iPhone user's response to all of this is "I don't care".   Which makes Steve Jobs not admitting the issue is a design FLAW, all that much more hilarious.  What an arrogant fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
The funniest part of it all?  You KNOW that most iPhone user's response to all of this is "I don't care".   Which makes Steve Jobs not admitting the issue is a design FLAW, all that much more hilarious.  What an arrogant fuck.
Apple will set up my bluetooth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »

Just making fun.  No big deal.  It's a cluster, and it's been fun to watch.  More so because of the arrogance that is apple.  Sort of the same satisfaction as watching Bammer fuck up.  You can't help but point and laugh.

Glad you're happy with your phone.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2010, 12:27:42 PM »

I simply don't see why they have to bring other phones into it to explain their oversight in design. For that matter, they used phones that DON'T have to have a cover on them to make them work as examples. I've never even used an iPhone so I'm not going to compare it to something else. I just think having to issue out phone covers to make a phone functional is stupid, and then instead of just admitting you fucked up, trying to tear down other products. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »
I've never even used an iPhone so I'm not going to compare it to something else.
Kinda like how you've never been to an Alabama football game, yet you're positive that it's the best game day experience in college football?
I just think having to issue out phone covers to make a phone functional is stupid
You're exaggerating the issue like the media is. I never dropped a single call and haven't had a case for a month. People who hold their phones in some awkward Vulcan death grip, who also live in cities where the AT&T network is over crowded, occasionally experience a dropped call on 1% of their calls. Boo hoo.

Like Brad said, I'm happy with my phone. I like the Droids too, but just prefer the iPhone. Especially after jailbreaking them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »
Kinda like how you've never been to an Alabama football game, yet you're positive that it's the best game day experience in college football?
I have never said that. But hey, here's that pat on the back you're looking for. I can see why you had to use that, though, seeing as how you had nothing else to try and discredit me with.

You're exaggerating the issue like the media is. I never dropped a single call and haven't had a case for a month. People who hold their phones in some awkward Vulcan death grip, who also live in cities where the AT&T network is over crowded, occasionally experience a dropped call on 1% of their calls. Boo hoo.

Like Brad said, I'm happy with my phone. I like the Droids too, but just prefer the iPhone. Especially after jailbreaking them.
Steve Jobs, is that you??

SO exaggerated, in fact, that Apple felt the need to call a press conference about it, and drop the cash to give everybody who has bought one, or will buy one over the next 2 months, a free cover. I just find all of this amusing due to those who think that anything other than the iPhone is shit. I'm not saying anybody should pick a Droid phone over an iPhone. I just think it is stupid to have a flawed design, then go and attack other manufacturers because you fucked up. Manufacturers whose phones DON'T have the issues your phone has.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:00:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
SO exaggerated, in fact, that Apple felt the need to call a press conference about it, and drop the cash to give everybody who has bought one, or will buy one over the next 2 months, a free cover.
The bad P.R. is out there, we've established that. Whether or not it's warranted or exaggerated, is another issue altogether. Apple being proactive about it doesn't mean that their phones are non-functional without the cases, it means that Apple goes above and beyond the call of duty to make customer satisfaction a top priority.

But I'm sure you know better than I do, having never touched an iPhone of any kind, let alone the 4, when I've had the 3G for years, and have used the iPhone 4 every day since its release.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
The bad P.R. is out there, we've established that. Whether or not it's warranted or exaggerated, is another issue altogether. Apple being proactive about it doesn't mean that their phones are non-functional without the cases, it means that Apple goes above and beyond the call of duty to make customer satisfaction a top priority.

But I'm sure you know better than I do, having never touched an iPhone of any kind, let alone the 4, when I've had the 3G for years, and have used the iPhone 4 every day since its release.
Easy, Chizad Jobs. You kids sure are defensive of your iPhones nowadays.

Simply saying if Apple is doing what they are doing, it must be for a reason. They certainly aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. I'm sure it's not a problem with every phone, but it appears to be a design flaw, nonetheless. I read somewhere the other day that the iPhone 4 has a higher return rate than any other smartphone currently on the market has had. I'm trying to remember where I saw it, but if true, I would say there is something to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2010, 07:30:04 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »
Ordered the Incredible Saturday. Its on 3-4 week backorder at the moment so I should get it 2nd week of August. Also played around with the Droid X. Ummm, yeah, nice phone and all but clunky as poop - no thanks. A buddy of mine has the iPhone4 and played around with the Incredible for a few mins. He wished he had dropped ATT and gotten the Droid now. That phone is sick.  Seeing them side by side really lets you see what is best for you. Note: The HDMI 720P output on the X is nice, but thats about it.

Jobs should be careful what he asks for:
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-19/htc-phone-has-35-times-less-complaints-than-iphone4.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:43:29 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »
Ordered the Incredible Saturday. Its on 3-4 week backorder at the moment so I should get it 2nd week of August. Also played around with the Droid X. Ummm, yeah, nice phone and all but clunky as poop - no thanks. A buddy of mine has the iPhone4 and played around with the Incredible for a few mins. He wished he had dropped ATT and gotten the Droid now. That phone is sick.  Seeing them side by side really lets you see what is best for you. Note: The HDMI 720P output on the X is nice, but thats about it.

Jobs should be careful what he asks for:
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-19/htc-phone-has-35-times-less-complaints-than-iphone4.html

I don't like either of the Motorola Droids. Like you, I think they are huge and clunky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
Some good news for you GH about the Incredible....

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/19/rumor-droid-incredible-ota-halted-froyo-added/

It says "Rumor", but it is later confirmed in a later article if you go to their front page.

This is bad ass for us Droid Incredible users.    :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
Some good news for you GH about the Incredible....

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/19/rumor-droid-incredible-ota-halted-froyo-added/

It says "Rumor", but it is later confirmed in a later article if you go to their front page.

This is bad ass for us Droid Incredible users.    :vn:

Outstanding....2.2 is supposed to be some serious shit of an OS. The memory config on the phone is supposed to be much better with 2.2 (the whole 512MB vs 8GB for apps vs multimedia).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2010, 08:11:05 AM »
Can anyone with an iPhone4 who upgrades to iOS4.1 this week confirm if the proximity sensor issue is now resolved?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »
Can anyone with an iPhone4 who upgrades to iOS4.1 this week confirm if the proximity sensor issue is now resolved?
This has solved every issue, antenna and proximity!!!
http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-4-cases/iphone-4-defender-series-case/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2010, 02:42:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions