6. Gerald Jones (UT)
7. Randall Cobb (UK)
8. Alshon Jeffery (USC)
9. Deonte Thompson (UF)
10 Joe Adams (UA)
11. Chris Rainey (UF)
12. Jesse Grandy (OM)

http://cfn.scout.com/2/973051.html

Julio is, in my opinion, pretty overrated thus far.  I would also have Cobb higher on this list.  Rainey has no place on it, since this will be his first season at WR.  Nice to see Darvin getting his props.  I expect to see at least one more Auburn man on this list next preseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: CFN's SEC WR Rankings
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:06 PM »
Julio is a freak. If he played on a "pass happy" type team, he could put up huge numbers. I don't like him at all, and think he is dumber than a box of rocks, but the kid is talented. I would say Green and Jones are at the top...all alone...and Darvin Adams is a distant 3rd.

Darvin is affected as positively by Malzahn as Jones is affected negatively by Saban...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »
Julio is a freak. If he played on a "pass happy" type team, he could put up huge numbers. I don't like him at all, and think he is dumber than a box of rocks, but the kid is talented. I would say Green and Jones are at the top...all alone...and Darvin Adams is a distant 3rd.

Darvin is affected as positively by Malzahn as Jones is affected negatively by Saban...

One thing I admire about Julio is his willingness to be a team player and block for the run. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
I'm torn about Jones.  He's a great example of a team player and you could make an argument that he was a legitimate part of Ingram winning the Heisman.  He is an excellent blocker and doesn't take plays off.  He doesn't bad mouth his QB, Coach or anybody else for not getting him the ball.  That being said he can look at himself as a reason he wasn't more productive last year, his stone hands were definitely a big reason why some of his passes went to Maze and Hanks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »
I'm torn about Jones.  He's a great example of a team player and you could make an argument that he was a legitimate part of Ingram winning the Heisman.  He is an excellent blocker and doesn't take plays off.  He doesn't bad mouth his QB, Coach or anybody else for not getting him the ball.  That being said he can look at himself as a reason he wasn't more productive last year, his stone hands were definitely a big reason why some of his passes went to Maze and Hanks. 

Shut the fuck up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:55:10 PM »
Shut the fuck up.

No you shut the fuck up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:39:33 AM »

I agree will all your statements except one. He is not dumb. Keep in mind he is not a rocket scientist or anything but dumb he is not. I mean no one has been able to prove Saban bought him that Charger  :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »
While not really his fault, another knock on Jones is he hasn't really been healthy in a game since halfway through his freshman season. I don't think he has quite lived up to the hype. I think the reason for that is everybody expected him to be IT, like he was at Foley. Part of the reason he isn't is due to the things Bham listed above, injuries, and offensive philosophy. He is very physical, a very good blocker, and just a blue collar guy that goes in and does what he is supposed to do. If he can get healthy and stay healthy, I think he would top this list.

I hate the situation Greene is in, though. I mean, that kid is super talented, and only got one year with Stafford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »
While not really his fault, another knock on Jones is he hasn't really been healthy in a game since halfway through his freshman season. I don't think he has quite lived up to the hype. I think the reason for that is everybody expected him to be IT, like he was at Foley. Part of the reason he isn't is due to the things Bham listed above, injuries, and offensive philosophy. He is very physical, a very good blocker, and just a blue collar guy that goes in and does what he is supposed to do. If he can get healthy and stay healthy, I think he would top this list.

I hate the situation Greene is in, though. I mean, that kid is super talented, and only got one year with Stafford.
Doesn't matter, he will get his shot in the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 01:54:38 PM »
Doesn't matter, he will get his shot in the NFL.

Yep, he'll get paid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions