« on: May 31, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Arkansas Fans Didn't Want Frazier....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »
A thread about Frazier's commitment to AU...
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=345514.0

A thread about Malzhan's impact on Arkansas
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=345531.0

Good reading...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »
Well, of course they didn't want him.

A) He has more than 5 offers.

B) They are loaded at QB.

C) He is an in-state kid.

I mean, seriously Chopper, Allen has 1 offer, and that's from Arkansas. The kid is OBVIOUSLY better than Frazier. Being one of the coaches sons has NOTHING to do with his offer. He is l33t.

I know it is still early on, but I was just looking at Arkansas' 2011 class so far, and Jesus.....they have 1 kid on there with 5 offers, and their other 5 commits only have anywhere from 1-3 offers each. I know that they look at Petrino as their savior, but this shit isn't gonna end pretty if Arkansas brings down a few more classes like last year's. Especially with Mallett leaving at the end of this season.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:29:57 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 11:38:54 AM »
Hmmm... and we didn't need Rollison or want Regions?        Okay!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
After dealing with Arkansas fans on Rivals, I've come to realize that they are the worst to deal with on the internet.  Worse than the worst Bama fans. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
The hell you say!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »
After dealing with Arkansas fans on Rivals, I've come to realize that they are the worst to deal with on the internet.  Worse than the worst Bama fans. 
Some of us are delusional, but Arkansas fans are just in denial. The second Petrino was hired, they drank the kool-aid, and haven't looked back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Some didn't get enough Nutt to last 'em either.
They need a Hootie Ingram.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:00:18 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
Well, of course they didn't want him.

A) He has more than 5 offers.

B) They are loaded at QB.

C) He is an in-state kid.

I mean, seriously Chopper, Allen has 1 offer, and that's from Arkansas. The kid is OBVIOUSLY better than Frazier. Being one of the coaches sons has NOTHING to do with his offer. He is l33t.

I know it is still early on, but I was just looking at Arkansas' 2011 class so far, and Jesus.....they have 1 kid on there with 5 offers, and their other 5 commits only have anywhere from 1-3 offers each. I know that they look at Petrino as their savior, but this shit isn't gonna end pretty if Arkansas brings down a few more classes like last year's. Especially with Mallett leaving at the end of this season.
Mallett can check out anytime he likes but he will never leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »
Petrino did it at "the Ville" !    Arky's THE state school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »
A couple things:

1.  I find Alabama fans commenting on Arkansas fans not wanting a kid hilarious.  Isn't $aban the king of this?  Did he ever loose a recruit he wanted?  I mean, if they sign with someone else he didn't really want them, right?
2.  Most of the hog fans I know (none of which post on Hogville) are more upset about Frazier's ties to Pinnacle Preps and what is going on there than they are about him specifically.
3.  I would love to have the kid sign with the hogs, but if we lose him the Allen kid seems like he could be a good one.
4.  I know you guys live and die by the star counts, but personally I don't find it nearly as important.  Mr. Burn's 5 stars have not really amounted to much for you guys, who knows whether this kid's will or not until he gets there.  But again, most hog fans, myself included, would love to have the kid. Hopefully he changes his mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »
Petrino did it at "the Ville" !    Arky's THE state school.
Arkansas fans think that since he was successful at Louisville with barely any talent, he will do the same for them. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that can be the case in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »
A couple things:

1.  I find Alabama fans commenting on Arkansas fans not wanting a kid hilarious.  Isn't $aban the king of this?  Did he ever loose a recruit he wanted?  I mean, if they sign with someone else he didn't really want them, right?
2.  Most of the hog fans I know (none of which post on Hogville) are more upset about Frazier's ties to Pinnacle Preps and what is going on there than they are about him specifically.
3.  I would love to have the kid sign with the hogs, but if we lose him the Allen kid seems like he could be a good one.
4.  I know you guys live and die by the star counts, but personally I don't find it nearly as important.  Mr. Burn's 5 stars have not really amounted to much for you guys, who knows whether this kid's will or not until he gets there.  But again, most hog fans, myself included, would love to have the kid. Hopefully he changes his mind.

Learn from Auburn in 2008. 

1.  Saban wins.
2.  Cheating doesn't matter.
3.  Your leftovers aren't as good.
4.  Stars do matter. 

If Arkansas, a school that does not recruit very well nationaly, can't recruit the top in state talent, you're looking at Ole Miss status. 

Think about who has been your top talent the past years.

Top NFL draft picks from the Razorbacks:
2004 - Shawn Andrews, Cedric Cobbs
2005 - Matt Jones
2007 - Jamaal Anderson
2008 - Darren McFadden, Felix Jones

All of them except Felix Jones were born in Arkansas and stayed in Arkansas.  Where would Arkansas have been if they had gone out of state?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
Arkansas fans think that since he was successful at Louisville with barely any talent, he will do the same for them. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that can be the case in the SEC.
Does Petrino have a septre and throne like Saban? Does he have a Hootie over him, or does he have free reign?

Hogwally, what's with all of the venom towards the coach at Shiloh? Why are there still Nutters in the Arky fold?
He is proving to be a tonic salesman without that badassed backfield. Why is Ole Miss to Arkansas as Georgia is to Auburn? Please don't say Ken Hatfield.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
Does Petrino have a septre and throne like Saban? Does he have a Hootie over him, or does he have free reign?

Hogwally, what's with all of the venom towards the coach at Shiloh? Why are there still Nutters in the Arky fold?
He is proving to be a tonic salesman without that badassed backfield. Why is Ole Miss to Arkansas as Georgia is to Auburn? Please don't say Ken Hatfield.

I don't really understand the question, so I will answer with some thoughts that I think are relevant:  

1.  An arguable percentage of Hog fans are delusional.  I like to think it is a small percentage, but sometimes the internet makes it seem much larger.  That percentage thinks if a kid grows up in Arkansas and he is good at football, he should automatically want to play at Arkansas.  Somehow they fail to realize we produce about 10 high level D1 prospects a year and need to sign 25.  So obviously, we expect kids from other states to leave there to come to Arkansas, but don't understand why a kid would leave here and go somewhere else.

2.  From the vocal minority (I hope), I've already seen calls to boo the kid at HS games this year.  I don't understand this, the kid hasn't even signed yet.  He could still change his mind (probably won't, but it's happened before), but I can't imagine he will if Ark fans show up and act like jerks.  IMO, Hog fans should show some class and support the kid.  If the kid is all that and things go well, maybe GM will move on to a HC job in a couple years and we can get the kid to transfer home.  

3.  Some Hog fans see a higher percentage than normal of kids from Springdale going to Auburn, and it pisses them off.  They think the coach is having some influence on the kids, and they don't like it.  Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it,  Petrino just needs to suck it up and get in there and sell his program to those kids and that coach.  Pinnacle Prep, on the other hand, is the football equivalent of a street agent in basketball, and it will be interesting to see what happens in the future with these types of businesses.  As hard as this cat J. Walt Williams pimps for GM and Auburn, it seems to me he should be listed as a booster and have to follow the same rules as other boosters.

I think Petrino has proven he is a good coach.  He was an excellent OC (including at Auburn), He was an excellent HC at a smaller college, and now he's getting his shot in the SEC.  It was just a few years ago Auburn tried to hire him. Things didn't work out in ATL, but other than that pit-stop his career has been on a steady rise.
     This will be his 3rd year at Ark, and we have improved each year.  It will be interesting to see what happens this year.  I generally don't bitch about officiating, but we got flat robbed at Florida last year, and the LSU game wasn't much better.  I am an admitted homer, but I am more excited about Ark football than I have been in quite a while.
     Both Arkansas and Auburn are expecting improvement this year, and Alabama is not going to give any ground it they can help it.  LSU is looking to improve as well.  I think it is going to be a very entertaining season, and I can't wait for them to start.  Personally, I think the Hogs are going to have a big year, but like I said I am an admitted homer.

Please excuse the rambling, we had a BBQ this afternoon with Margaritas.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:24:39 PM by Hogwally »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »
Hogwally, I was digging into a huge Southern Cal fan a couple of hours ago (nothing better to do) and told the guy that USC would be somewhere between Robinson and McKay if they ran it clean but now they have Kiffin and Co. pimping a program to families and prospects and kicking everyone's ass on the trail and how? How can they possibly gain an advantage over everyone else with the axe in mid-air when no other lame duck program can? He was oblivious to those comments but he made an exception of my analogy of USC wanting to be the "new Miami". He said oh no, we got 10 national championships which I duly noted as having a familiar ring to it. I said even a lame duck Alabama can't sell itself under the axe. CRICKETS!

Petrino can coach, no doubt. Not many college guys make it in the NFL as head coaches. I remember when the discussions about Bryant leaving for the NFL went. Naturally it was assumed at that time that coaching was coaching and football was still about blocking and tackling right? well it ain't, and BBQ aint just BBQ with a frozen cocktail. My point is we know Bobby is one of the best and hoping for a different result is wishful thinking by AU fans and everyone else. I think they can reach 2nd in the SEC West but they have to fix that defense. (see Auburn) Both can beat anyone if they can score enough and their defenses can make some key stops, but it is the achilles heel for both teams. Hog fans are divided in their loyalty, or so it seems.

I am not aware of Pinnacle Prep although it sounds like some male enhancement product. I'll have to do a little research on that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 07:25:07 PM »
Hogwally, I was digging into a huge Southern Cal fan a couple of hours ago (nothing better to do) and told the guy that USC would be somewhere between Robinson and McKay if they ran it clean but now they have Kiffin and Co. pimping a program to families and prospects and kicking everyone's ass on the trail and how? How can they possibly gain an advantage over everyone else with the axe in mid-air when no other lame duck program can? He was oblivious to those comments but he made an exception of my analogy of USC wanting to be the "new Miami". He said oh no, we got 10 national championships which I duly noted as having a familiar ring to it. I said even a lame duck Alabama can't sell itself under the axe. CRICKETS!

Petrino can coach, no doubt. Not many college guys make it in the NFL as head coaches. I remember when the discussions about Bryant leaving for the NFL went. Naturally it was assumed at that time that coaching was coaching and football was still about blocking and tackling right? well it ain't, and BBQ aint just BBQ with a frozen cocktail. My point is we know Bobby is one of the best and hoping for a different result is wishful thinking by AU fans and everyone else. I think they can reach 2nd in the SEC West but they have to fix that defense. (see Auburn) Both can beat anyone if they can score enough and their defenses can make some key stops, but it is the achilles heel for both teams. Hog fans are divided in their loyalty, or so it seems.

I am not aware of Pinnacle Prep although it sounds like some male enhancement product. I'll have to do a little research on that.
USC is going to find out how powerful they are after Friday (word on da skreets, that's when the NCAA will hand down their punishment).  If they consider Reggie Bush's case as a Major Violation, then they'd fall under the "Repeat Offender" window, since they'd been hit with violations in '01.  Then if the NCAA decides to add "Lack of Institutional Control" to the Repeat Offender violations, then they could be staring directly at wins vacated, TV ban, bowl ban, scholarship reductions, stripped of the '04 NC and Bush would be stripped of all of his awards that were garnered after the violations occured.

As for Pinnacle Prep....that's were Auburn is getting their Arkansas Studs and the piggies are none to happy about that.  Hey Hogwally, next time you see Walt Williams, tell him thanks from the Auburn Family.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:27:41 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »
USC is going to find out how powerful they are after Friday (word on da skreets, that's when the NCAA will hand down their punishment).  If they consider Reggie Bush's case as a Major Violation, then they'd fall under the "Repeat Offender" window, since they'd been hit with violations in '01.  Then if the NCAA decides to add "Lack of Institutional Control" to the Repeat Offender violations, then they could be staring directly at wins vacated, TV ban, bowl ban, scholarship reductions, stripped of the '04 NC and Bush would be stripped of all of his awards that were garnered after the violations occured.

As for Pinnacle Prep....that's were Auburn is getting their Arkansas Studs and the piggies are none to happy about that.  Hey Hogwally, next time you see Walt Williams, tell him thanks from the Auburn Family.

Alabama was the closest to the "death penalty" in recent years. The harshness of the penalties handed down to SMU was the undoing of the SWC financially. The penalties will not be worse than USC can overcome. Personally I don't want any sloppy seconds. Hard to believe huh? I'm talkin' bout champinships mind ye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
We'll be OK at QB as long as Petrino is here. The backup QB who was interviewed on ESPN the other day as Mallett's fall back, may in fact be the #3 man this year. Good situation to be in for a change.
Brandon Mitchell is a stud.
Frazier and Allen would get splinters in their ass waiting to come in and back Mitchell up.
Allen is a good little player.Surely not the best but, he only has one offer because he told the other schools to fuck off. He was gonna be a Hog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »
We'll be OK at QB as long as Petrino is here. The backup QB who was interviewed on ESPN the other day as Mallett's fall back, may in fact be the #3 man this year. Good situation to be in for a change.
Brandon Mitchell is a stud.
Frazier and Allen would get splinters in their ass waiting to come in and back Mitchell up.
Allen is a good little player.Surely not the best but, he only has one offer because he told the other schools to fuck off. He was gonna be a Hog.
:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions