Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

While the betas discuss American Idol...

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: While the betas discuss American Idol...
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
Easy now, no reason to be so sensitive. Fucking betas.
I thought the teens were just there for me...

Master-Betas unite!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
I thought the teens were just there for me...

Master-Betas unite!

I'll cheers to that!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 06:21:43 PM »
I'll cheers to that! 

With your cosmos...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 07:03:15 PM »
Watching American Idol doesn't make you alpha or beta...it just means you like watching LAME TV. 

Jeesh...  Some folks are overly sensitive around here.  I suppose that many feel the same about 90210 too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
Watching American Idol doesn't make you alpha or beta...it just means you like watching LAME TV.

This man knows.  Alpha/Beta aside on this show, it just plain sucks and its what the entire world sees as our music industry. Music hasn't been good as a whole since the Led Zepp 70's. Thats why I mainly listen to old music and none of this pop garbage.
Indeed.

There are two shows that I make a point to watch: Breaking Bad and Justified.

There are a couple that I'll stop and check out: Iron Chef and Good Eats.

Then there is football.  That is what your television was made for.

I haven't seen either of the 1st two but the way you talk about them I may just have to catch an episode out of curiosity. I still think Sopranos is the most well made show the last 20 years - JMHO. Most shows I liked are now in syndication - Friends, Seinfeld, Cheers and who doesn't like dem some Andy.... +1 on Iron Chef and Good Eats. Who doesn't love food.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 12:06:20 AM »
This man knows.  Alpha/Beta aside on this show, it just plain sucks and its what the entire world sees as our music industry. Music hasn't been good as a whole since the Led Zepp 70's. Thats why I mainly listen to old music and none of this pop garbage.

I grew up in the 80's and 90's.  I am thankful everyday for my dad listening to Jim Croce, Bob Seger, Van Morrison, Cat Stevens, America, The Beatles, The Stones....etc....etc....etc...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GarMan

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »
You can't really judge all 20 somethings based on Chizad. Not all of us get our political theories from Penn and Teller and Bill Maher. Some of us hold the door open for our women too. I wouldn't really consider the guys down at express oil "alpha males" though. Most of the people in their mid to late 20s know what a carburetor looks like too. A.C. Slater lost the "rebuild a carburetor" portion of the battle of the sexes contest to Tori. 

Chad has nothing to do with this, so let's not pick on him here.  My 20-something remark references the majority of 20-somethings I encounter every day.  Now, I'm not picking on all 20-somethings, so let's not start that crap again...  Most of what I have to deal with lack initiative.  They wait for orders or instructions.  They can't think for themselves, and when they encounter a problem with the task or activity at hand, they start complaining and whining rather than working through it to find a solution.  Even the ladies are betas from that perspective.  It drives me up the wall. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
And you revert right back to your way. As much as you go on about it, I think there might be some deep seated fear within you that you do see the world through the eyes of a female.  Most real men I know are ok with themselves, and don't go on and on about how everybody else's machismo fails to measure up to their own.

Sorry Kitten...  That's not at all what I've done here.  Most people shouldn't be so uptight to take personal offense to this.  At least, that's how we used to be on this site.  Now, it seems that everyone is so overly sensitive and self-conscious that they get immediately defensive when this is brought up.  What the fukc happened?  Have we been overrun by a bunch of sissy-males?  I mean really.  When I think back to some of the other teasing on this board over the years, I can’t help but wonder how some of those who most object to the beta-male phrase would react to being the butt of some of those jokes. 

And, this isn’t a new concept.  The feminization or wussification of America has been around for years.  Today, men are afraid to act or even think like men, and if they do have masculine thoughts, they can’t share them with anybody for fear of ridicule or attacks such as this.  Arnold called them girlie-men.  We used to call them faggots and worse.  Has our modern male become so overly obsessed with political correctness that they can’t enjoy or throw a good jab?  We used to laugh this stuff off, but now, it’s like I just shat in somebody’s cornflakes. 

And, American Idol…  Really?  Next, we’re going to be discussing America’s Next Top Model, GLEE, Ugly Betty, and other fem-shows.  I thought this was a tough-guy sports forum for Auburn fans.  My bad...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »
Sorry Kitten...  That's not at all what I've done here.  Most people shouldn't be so uptight to take personal offense to this.  At least, that's how we used to be on this site.  Now, it seems that everyone is so overly sensitive and self-conscious that they get immediately defensive when this is brought up.  What the fukc happened?  Have we been overrun by a bunch of sissy-males?  I mean really.  When I think back to some of the other teasing on this board over the years, I can’t help but wonder how some of those who most object to the beta-male phrase would react to being the butt of some of those jokes. 

And, this isn’t a new concept.  The feminization or wussification of America has been around for years.  Today, men are afraid to act or even think like men, and if they do have masculine thoughts, they can’t share them with anybody for fear of ridicule or attacks such as this.  Arnold called them girlie-men.  We used to call them faggots and worse.  Has our modern male become so overly obsessed with political correctness that they can’t enjoy or throw a good jab?  We used to laugh this stuff off, but now, it’s like I just shat in somebody’s cornflakes. 

And, American Idol…  Really?  Next, we’re going to be discussing America’s Next Top Model, GLEE, Ugly Betty, and other fem-shows.  I thought this was a tough-guy sports forum for Auburn fans.  My bad...

You're so over the top ridiculous with your generalizations that really it's more comedy at this point than anything.  The problem is, you want your "jabs" and other shit to be taken seriously, and then fly off the chain when it's not taken seriously.

The problem here seems to be you and your delivery and expectations.

Sorry to break that to ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »
You're so over the top ridiculous with your generalizations that really it's more comedy at this point than anything.  The problem is, you want your "jabs" and other poop to be taken seriously, and then fly off the chain when it's not taken seriously.

The problem here seems to be you and your delivery and expectations.

Sorry to break that to ya. 

Like I said before, I probably came off a little strong with this in other threads resulting in some of the responses, but you couldn't be further from reality with your little synopsis above.  How many times do we take potshots at one another to merely laugh it off and move on?  Why should this be any different?  Yes, I'm generalizing some and throwing additional digs in to merely to have fun with it.  How brutish of me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »
Glees' version of Poker Face was impressive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GarMan

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »
Glees' version of Poker Face was impressive. 

This is how you laugh it off.  Back to my cuticles... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
  Talked to my grandfather about this, he says guys your age are a bunch of pussies.  You couldn't carry his generation's jock straps.  For god's sake, you don't even know how to crank start a Model T. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2010, 09:39:51 AM »

Like I said before, I probably came off a little strong with this in other threads resulting in some of the responses, but you couldn't be further from reality with your little synopsis above.  How many times do we take potshots at one another to merely laugh it off and move on?  Why should this be any different?  Yes, I'm generalizing some and throwing additional digs in to merely to have fun with it.  How brutish of me!

Ah...I got it, the good ol' "GEE!  I WAS JUST JOKIN'!  REALLY!  YOU GUYS ARE WAY TOO SENSITIVE!!" response.

Crying baby picture warfare...  I got one too!   That gets'em everytime!

There.

I win.

:bc:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:50:20 AM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2010, 12:25:31 PM »
 Talked to my grandfather about this, he says guys your age are a bunch of pussies.  You couldn't carry his generation's jock straps.  For god's sake, you don't even know how to crank start a Model T.  

My grandfathers said something similar.  Here's a humorous look at the topic...  http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=9745

Thanks for playing...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:42:15 PM by GarMan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
Ah...I got it, the good ol' "GEE!  I WAS JUST JOKIN'!  REALLY!  YOU GUYS ARE WAY TOO SENSITIVE!!" response. 

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY!!!  I mean, American Idol...  WTF?  And, we're supposed to let that go.  Sorry...   

Crying baby picture warfare...  I got one too!   That gets'em everytime! 

There. 

Wow...  Somebody found a turd in their cornflakes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 01:01:45 PM »
My grandfathers said something similar.  Here's a humorous look at the topic...  http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=9745

Thanks for playing...

My point is every generation says this about the next.  Just like every generation thinks the next one listens to shitty music.  Times change.  Knowing how to take apart a carburetor in a world of fuel injectors and computer controlled air-fuel mixtures is about as useful as knowing how to crank start a model T.  and BTW, most kids today know how to use the internet,  which seems to flummox anyone over 60. So if they need to figure some odd bit of old esoteric information, they can look it up. 
     It doesn't mean young men today are any tougher or softer than the older generation, it just means they have a different skill set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »

My point is every generation says this about the next.  Just like every generation thinks the next one listens to poopty music.  Times change.  Knowing how to take apart a carburetor in a world of fuel injectors and computer controlled air-fuel mixtures is about as useful as knowing how to crank start a model T.  and BTW, most kids today know how to use the internet,  which seems to flummox anyone over 60. So if they need to figure some odd bit of old esoteric information, they can look it up. 
     It doesn't mean young men today are any tougher or softer than the older generation, it just means they have a different skill set. 

Absolutely...  True enough...  I should have been more careful with my examples.  I didn't necessarily mean to suggest that technological advances are weakening our society.  My comments were more about the fallout results associated with the prohibition of dodgeball and other sports that might cause bruising, the banning of competitive sports in schools and/or not keeping score during sports games, the replacement of the ball-busting coach with a softer physical education instructor, the coddling of the weakest link making that the standard, political correctness, etc…  There are more than enough news articles, blogs and forum posts to cover what I have mentioned, so you can take it from there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2010, 11:57:21 AM »

Hey Princess, War Eagle sweetheart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
Hey Princess, War Eagle sweetheart.

Was that a reference to GLEE? I wouldn't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.