Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Memorial Day Coming Up - Where ya' at?

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Memorial Day Coming Up - Where ya' at?
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 10:45:28 AM »
Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
I ate your chocolate squirrel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »
Look, all I said was that Halibut was good enough for Jehovah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
Look, all I said was that Halibut was good enough for Jehovah.

You're only making it worse for yourself!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »
Roades, Roods.
Mommy, Mommy the hippo's getting too close to the car.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
Mommy, Mommy the hippo's getting too close to the car.

You know, a lot of people go to college for seven years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 11:24:25 AM »
You know, a lot of people go to college for seven years.

Yeah.  They're called doctors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 11:37:32 AM »

Worse? How could it be worse?  Jehovah..Jehovah..Jehovah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »
:sad: -5
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
Aaaaarre there any women in the crowd today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »
Aaaaarre there any women in the crowd today?

[high pitched] NO!!NO!!NO!!... [lower pitch] uh...er...umm  Nope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
No one is to throw a stone until I blow this whistle ... even if they say "Jehovah".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
Friday afternoon.
Remember, take the train from the airport to Termini station. It's a non-stop job and will save you a metric shit ton of folding money as compared to taking a taxi or bus. It's a 30 minute ride, they run every 15-20 minutes, and the ticket counter is right there at the stop inside the airport terminal. Ask one of the wops outside baggage claim, "Preggo, dove (doo-veh) la tren a stazzione termini." They'll think you're all international and shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 07:02:27 AM »
Remember, take the train from the airport to Termini station. It's a non-stop job and will save you a metric shit ton of folding money as compared to taking a taxi or bus. It's a 30 minute ride, they run every 15-20 minutes, and the ticket counter is right there at the stop inside the airport terminal. Ask one of the wops outside baggage claim, "Preggo, dove (doo-veh) la tren a stazzione termini." They'll think you're all international and shit.

You mean walking onto the concourse and shouting at all the dago's that I'll call Germany if they do not cooperate will not work?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 07:13:54 AM »
Tell them they need another Mussolini. Hewas the last person that was able to get them to do shit.

Have fun!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
ok.  made it to Austria a few hours ago.  Here is the recap thus far......

Prague - B - needed more than eight hours but easily could work it's way up higher. Depressed economies will get people to do all sorts of shit for money. 

Rome - B - great food, great sites.  Less than impressed with the women.

Venice - C - Branson, MO with 800 more years of history and boats.  Women were hotter and more friendly.

Thinking now that were are in Austria things are going to start looking up overall.  Here in Wien till Friday then off to Salzburg. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »

Yeah, but what have the Romans ever done for us?

Say friend, did you know that the US Standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8 1/2 inches.

That's an exceedingly odd number. Why was that gauge used?

Because that's the way they built them in England, and the US railroads were built by English expatriates.

I see, but why did the English build them like that?

Because the first railway lines were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and that's the gauge they used.

Well, why did they use that gauge in England?

Because the people who built the tramways used the same jigs and tools that they used for building wagons, which used that wheel spacing.

Okay! Why did their wagons use that odd wheel spacing?

Because, if they tried to use any other spacing the wagon wheels would break on some of the old, long distance roads. Because that's the spacing of the old wheel ruts.

So who built these old rutted roads?

The first long distance roads in Europe were built by Imperial Rome for the benefit of their legions. The Roman roads have been used ever since.

And the ruts?

The original ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagons, were first made by the wheels of Roman war chariots. Since the chariots were made for or by Imperial Rome they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing.

Thus, we have the answer to the original question. The United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8 1/2 inches derives from the original specification for an Imperial Roman army war chariot.

And the motto of the story is Specifications and bureaucracies live forever.

So, the next time you are handed a specification and wonder what horse's ass came up with it, you may be exactly right. Because the Imperial Roman chariots were made to be just wide enough to accommodate the back-ends of two war-horses.

So, just what does this have to do with the exploration of space?

Well, there's an interesting extension of the story about railroad gauge and horses' behinds. When we see a Space Shuttle sitting on the launch pad, there are two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are the solid rocket boosters, or SRBs. The SRBs are made by Thiokol at a factory in Utah. The engineers who designed the SRBs might have preferred to make them a bit fatter, but the SRBs had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site.

The railroad from the factory runs through a tunnel in the mountains. The SRBs had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than a railroad track, and the railroad track is about as wide as two horses' behinds.

So a major design feature of what is arguably the world's most advanced transportation system was originally determined by the width of a horse's ass.

AS for the original topic of this thread:

Spent the weekend in Gulf Shores out upon the Fort Morgan Peninsula.......cooked a lot of good food.....saw pelicans, boats, the Coast Guard, the National Guard, was shot at by a Civil War cannon, raced hermit crabs, saw a flounder and a red, walked on sand bar, trimmed the palm trees, and saw nary a sign of oil.......fraid that won't last.  Will be back for the Fourth and see how it is then.

:bar:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:27:54 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
Say friend, did you know that the US Standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4 feet, 8 1/2 inches.

That's an exceedingly odd number. Why was that gauge used?

Because that's the way they built them in England, and the US railroads were built by English expatriates.

I see, but why did the English build them like that?

Because the first railway lines were built by the same people who built the pre-railroad tramways, and that's the gauge they used.

Well, why did they use that gauge in England?

Because the people who built the tramways used the same jigs and tools that they used for building wagons, which used that wheel spacing.

Okay! Why did their wagons use that odd wheel spacing?

Because, if they tried to use any other spacing the wagon wheels would break on some of the old, long distance roads. Because that's the spacing of the old wheel ruts.

So who built these old rutted roads?

The first long distance roads in Europe were built by Imperial Rome for the benefit of their legions. The Roman roads have been used ever since.

And the ruts?

The original ruts, which everyone else had to match for fear of destroying their wagons, were first made by the wheels of Roman war chariots. Since the chariots were made for or by Imperial Rome they were all alike in the matter of wheel spacing.

Thus, we have the answer to the original question. The United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8 1/2 inches derives from the original specification for an Imperial Roman army war chariot.

And the motto of the story is Specifications and bureaucracies live forever.

So, the next time you are handed a specification and wonder what horse's ass came up with it, you may be exactly right. Because the Imperial Roman chariots were made to be just wide enough to accommodate the back-ends of two war-horses.

So, just what does this have to do with the exploration of space?

Well, there's an interesting extension of the story about railroad gauge and horses' behinds. When we see a Space Shuttle sitting on the launch pad, there are two big booster rockets attached to the sides of the main fuel tank. These are the solid rocket boosters, or SRBs. The SRBs are made by Thiokol at a factory in Utah. The engineers who designed the SRBs might have preferred to make them a bit fatter, but the SRBs had to be shipped by train from the factory to the launch site.

The railroad from the factory runs through a tunnel in the mountains. The SRBs had to fit through that tunnel. The tunnel is slightly wider than a railroad track, and the railroad track is about as wide as two horses' behinds.

So a major design feature of what is arguably the world's most advanced transportation system was originally determined by the width of a horse's ass.

AS for the original topic of this thread:

Spent the weekend in Gulf Shores out upon the Fort Morgan Peninsula.......cooked a lot of good food.....saw pelicans, boats, the Coast Guard, the National Guard, was shot at by a Civil War cannon, raced hermit crabs, saw a flounder and a red, walked on sand bar, trimmed the palm trees, and saw nary a sign of oil.......fraid that won't last.  Will be back for the Fourth and see how it is then.

Quite verbose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »
Quite verbose.

It is "hump day".........I am in between "humps" and being verbose is how I relax and recharge.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
Rome - B - great food, great sites.  Less than impressed with the women.

Venice - C - Branson, MO with 800 more years of history and boats.

Thinking now that were are in Austria things are going to start looking up overall.
Italian chicks are the flabbiest skinny wimmen in the world.

Venice smelled like dirty dishwater to me.

France is going to be awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions