dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Bill Maher On The Alabama Election
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
Roy Moore is an idiot and the commercial is almost as bad as Tim James' bullshit.   BUT, I couldn't make it past the first remake of the commercial.  I just can't laugh at people who automatically start in with the bullshit redneck stereotype at the expense of Alabama citizens.

Bill Maher is a fucking idiot and his show sucks balls.  And it's not surprising that he sees "Alabama" and automatically starts in with the "yehaw, I ain't gone belief that there.  Now go have sex with ya sister."  Ignorant fuck.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »
I thought it was funny as shit and in considered a lite version of how the rest of the country sees Alabama, I promise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
I think it is funny as hell. I may not agree with more than 20% of Maher's shit, but his show is entertaining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:42:40 PM »
I think it is funny as hell. I may not agree with more than 20% of Maher's shit, but his show is entertaining.
This.

If you're the type that can handle opposing viewpoints and civil discourse, you'll enjoy his show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
This.

If you're the type that can handle opposing viewpoints and civil discourse, you'll enjoy his show.

I can handle opposing viewpoints and civil discourse, and I think he hosts one of the worst political shows on cable.  He's not even a little funny.  Not on his best day. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:10:28 AM »
This.

Civil discourse is fine. However, people on his show, like Olberman and Maddow on MSNBC, consider anyone that does not share their opinion an idiot. No credence is given to opposing sides. There is no back-and-forth dialog among people with differing views. I realize the same is true for any Fox show. Do not get me started on Glenn Beck or Huckabbe, but I am tired of the double standard.

They can make fun of the southern, white, Christian male all day and the audience eats it up. They can say I fuck my sister or that I believe the earth is flat or that I like UAT football. If I went on that show and made a joke with the word "fag" in it, the enlightened audience would kill me in the parking lot and Bill would Photoshop my picture into a cross-burning ceremony.

Until we can make fun of everybody without fear of reprisal, the can be no equality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 07:31:49 AM »
Civil discourse is fine. However, people on his show, like Olberman and Maddow on MSNBC, consider anyone that does not share their opinion an idiot. No credence is given to opposing sides. There is no back-and-forth dialog among people with differing views. I realize the same is true for any Fox show. Do not get me started on Glenn Beck or Huckabbe, but I am tired of the double standard.

They can make fun of the southern, white, Christian male all day and the audience eats it up. They can say I fuck my sister or that I believe the earth is flat or that I like UAT football. If I went on that show and made a joke with the word "fag" in it, the enlightened audience would kill me in the parking lot and Bill would Photoshop my picture into a cross-burning ceremony.

Until we can make fun of everybody without fear of reprisal, the can be no equality.

This man knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 08:14:16 AM »
This.

Wow...  Good stuff!  That was some great civil discourse there.  Goes a long way to proving your point.   :blink:

They can make fun of the southern, white, Christian male all day and the audience eats it up. They can say I phuk my sister or that I believe the earth is flat or that I like UAT football. If I went on that show and made a joke with the word "fag" in it, the enlightened audience would kill me in the parking lot and Bill would Photoshop my picture into a cross-burning ceremony.

Nothing more to be said...  He just pinned the tail on the jackass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:14:39 AM »
That episode had Republican U.S. House Rep Darrell Issa.

John Phillips Avlon, author of Independent Nation: How Centrists Can Change American Politics and Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America was on the panel in that episode as well. But I know, to you centrists are the lunatic fringe left.

Also on the panel was S. E. Cupp, author of such liberal propaganda books as Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media's Attack on Christianity and co-author of Why You're Wrong About the Right.

This is not uncommon. There's usually a pretty even balance of "left" and "right" on the panel. The audience is left as hell, and very rarely cheers for a good point made by a conservative, and Maher himself is pretty far out there on the left with 99% of his positions. This much is true. But they let the conservatives speak, and most of the time it doesn't get "shouty" or "pushy" at all. Now if they had Tim James on there, for example, you're right, he'd probably get laughed off the stage, but that's for good reason, in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »
The audience is left as hell, and very rarely cheers for a good point made by a conservative, and Maher himself is pretty far out there on the left with 99% of his positions. This much is true. But they let the conservatives speak, and most of the time it doesn't get "shouty" or "pushy" at all. Now if they had Tim James on there, for example, you're right, he'd probably get laughed off the stage, but that's for good reason, in my opinion.

This is really all that matters isn't it? Maher and his goons in the audience run the show - not the panel. If anything, Maher mocks anyone in the panel who holds a different opinion than him. He is a smart ass (much like Colbert and Stewart - they take anything that is a valid point and turn it into a joke when they have no rebuttal) to the point where it would be nice to see a Phillips head screwdriver in his throat. The guy has an agenda. He's an ideologue who has no intention of listening to the other side. Maybe he should invite Uncle Ted on his show and say  some of the same things. I would watch it then.

At least you said "opinion" this time and not fact/truth/dogma/Bible/etc
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »
This is really all that matters isn't it? Maher and his goons in the audience run the show - not the panel. If anything, Maher mocks anyone in the panel who holds a different opinion than him. He is a smart ass (much like Colbert and Stewart - they take anything that is a valid point and turn it into a joke when they have no rebuttal) to the point where it would be nice to see a Phillips head screwdriver in his throat. The guy has an agenda. He's an ideologue who has no intention of listening to the other side. Maybe he should invite Uncle Ted on his show and say  some of the same things. I would watch it then.

At least you said "opinion" this time and not fact/truth/dogma/Bible/etc

Not really seeing the Colbert/Maher comparison, because Colbert just turns everything into a joke. I agree that Maher is a douche though and the show is based around attacking the right. Personally, I like to make fun of both sides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions