Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The alpha-Male...

JR4AU

Re: The alpha-Male...
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »

They are if you are referring to someone in a derogatory manner.

Not to my way of thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2010, 12:28:06 PM »

They are if you are referring to someone in a derogatory manner.

Not really CCT.

Birmingham is a dick.

Birmingham is a pussy.

Ok, nevermind - they are the same. Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »
"Mag" is perfectly acceptable, and doesn't reveal ignorance about guns a weapon the way "clip" does.  "

Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2010, 10:24:52 PM »
You said "clips"!    :sad:

You were definitely in law enforcement at some point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »
:taunt:

If you know how to shoot a gun, you can stop them with virtually any calibre.  Center mass is center mass.  They'll stop. 

http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs7.htm

That's the reason most, if not all, major law enforcement agencies backed quickly away from the 9mm.  Center mass is a helluva lot harder to hit during combat shooting.  Anyone can make a nice pattern with no pressure.

I carry a Glock 22 and a Glock 27.  Love them both. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2010, 10:01:16 AM »
http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs7.htm

That's the reason most, if not all, major law enforcement agencies backed quickly away from the 9mm.  Center mass is a helluva lot harder to hit during combat shooting.  Anyone can make a nice pattern with no pressure.

I carry a Glock 22 and a Glock 27.  Love them both. 

Like I said, I've been through these discussions before.  Here's a good comparison chart for "one shot stop %" that is a bit revealing.  http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_power_chart.htm

Have fun with it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

JR4AU

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2010, 02:36:02 PM »
Just sayin'.

Weapon vs gun is a military and law enforcement thing, and is a matter of acceptable nomenclature used in those profession.  I have been in the military, and in law enforcement.  It's not improper or wrong to refer to a gun as a gun.  However, a clip isn't the same thing as a magazine.  They're, as my pictures above show, not interchangable.  Just sayin'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:34 PM »
Like I said, I've been through these discussions before.  Here's a good comparison chart for "one shot stop %" that is a bit revealing.  http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_power_chart.htm

Have fun with it...

Lots of debate over those numbers.  However, I'm a fan of them.  I have long subscribed to Evan Marshall's research, from which those numbers are derived.  IF you choose the right ammo, namely Cor Bon 115 +P+, then the 9mm is up there with the others.  So many 9mm carriers, are fans of the 147gr pills.  With those, the numbers of one shot stops drops down closer to 38 Special numbers.  The top dog in that group is the .357 125 Remington offering.  Followed closely by the .45ACP 230 HydraShok, then a the .40 cal pills.  It is, of course, a matter of personal preference.  My question to any 9mm carrier would be why, when there are .40 cal platforms that carry virtually the same number of shots in the same sized platform, would you carry a 9mm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »
e-penises and teh googles abound.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »

I walked in to a room full of massive e-penises.  Just couldn't click out fast enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »

I keep getting pulled back into this.  At the time of my purchase, my reasons for a 9mm were primarily around cost along with the availability and pricing of ammo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

JR4AU

« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2010, 04:21:33 PM »
I keep getting pulled back into this.  At the time of my purchase, my reasons for a 9mm were primarily around cost along with the availability and pricing of ammo. 

Me thinks thou doeth protest the pussiness of your chosen shootin' iron too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »
Me thinks thou doeth protest the pussiness of your chosen shootin' iron too much. 

Protest?  Nah...  Sorry...  I just don't judge my manhood by the caliber of my firearm.  It doesn't bother me.  I thought I'd try to reason wiff you, but you have other plans.  Carry on...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
Protest?  Nah...  Sorry...  I just don't judge my manhood by the caliber of my firearm.  It doesn't bother me.  I thought I'd try to reason wiff you, but you have other plans.  Carry on...

There's a chosen group of folks on this board that are right no matter what - even if they aren't. Get over it GarMan and quit being a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »
There's a chosen group of folks on this board that are right no matter what - even if they aren't.

I know...  I should know better by now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »

Lighten up Francis!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:10 PM »
Lighten up Francis!

Any of you homos touch my locker...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
Lighten up Francis!

HEY - thats MY quote of choice. Go get your own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »
HEY - thats MY quote of choice. Go get your own.

Lighten up, GH2001
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2010, 12:24:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE