Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The beta-Male... Revisited

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: The beta-Male... Revisited
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 12:29:28 PM »
Wes,

The term has nothing to do with psychology, and nobody suggested it did.  Sure, my use of the term is exactly as you have suggested.  So what?  It's no different than when your gurlz dish it out in here, and you have to run into the middle to defend their honor.  It's always fine when they sling schit and bully people around, but if anybody throws it back, it's that other guy being unreasonable.  FUKC THAT and this stupid gay language filter!

This thread has NOTHING to do with your little gurlz.  I was poking fun at the feminization trend in America.  If you QUEENS can't deal with it without taking personal offense, too fuggin' bad! 
Ha ha ha, No response needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
Wes,

The term has nothing to do with psychology, and nobody suggested it did.  Sure, my use of the term is exactly as you have suggested.  So what?  It's no different than when your gurlz dish it out in here, and you have to run into the middle to defend their honor.  It's always fine when they sling schit and bully people around, but if anybody throws it back, it's that other guy being unreasonable.  FUKC THAT and this stupid gay language filter!

This thread has NOTHING to do with your little gurlz.  I was poking fun at the feminization trend in America.  If you QUEENS can't deal with it without taking personal offense, too fuggin' bad! 

Hey, boss, that's just fine.  Sling shit if you want, just don't get your alpha-panties in a twist when you get some back.  That's all I was saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 12:31:31 PM »
Wes,

....you can turn the filter off by the way.  Just sayin'.  Most of everyone else here has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »
You're trying to pull together 10 lbs. of overly verbose generalizations and trying to stuff it into a 5lbs., sack made out of very thin material.

Sorry man.  This is over the top for me, even if I do agree with SOME of your politics.  

I guess it's all me.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 12:36:17 PM »
I guess it's all me.  

When someone who generally sides with you is pointing out the bullshit, maybe you should take notice.

Or perhaps you're Kaos-redux and the confederacy is set against you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
I guess it's all me.  

Nah.  AWK and Chad do it to you too.  However, if you don't like it, threads like this certainly don't help.  I'm not sure any of you can claim justification here.  I've seen it all going back and forth pretty much non-stop.

It is what it is.  I'm just saying your mother post is just another example of the shrouded insults your talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »
Beta-male.

I bet you called your mom on Mother's Day.

I did.

I told her Happy Mother's Day, and that she better fuckin' appreciate it.  Haha.  I keeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »
I guess it's all me.  

Nope. Not just you. This country is moving into the era where leaders can be internet kings who have never done anything in real life. The alpha male has traditionally been the ones who lead. But with the new generation, we can all be great just by organizing but never really getting our hands dirty.

And anyone who prefers this president over the previous from a man's standpoint, is definitely a beta-male.

And yes, I did call my mother. I talk to her fairly often. She enjoys it. Same with dad. I am truly blessed that both are still with me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:26:09 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 01:23:29 PM »
I did.

I told her Happy Mother's Day, and that she better phukin' appreciate it.  Haha.  I keeed.

Would have called mine if I she was alive.  Called my step mom and bought the wife a present "From the kids". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
Would have called mine if I she was alive.  Called my step mom and bought the wife a present "From the kids".  

This.  In fact if she were still here I would not go a day without speaking to her about something.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:26:24 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 01:48:50 PM »
This.  In fact if she were still here I would not go a day without speaking to her about something.
Me too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 02:26:28 PM »
In a few threads, I had used the term, beta-male, to define the softer, less confrontational, no-absolute, follow-the-herd positions that others were taking in some of these political discussions.  Some have chosen to take it personal. 

Following the herd isn't always a bad thing, nor does it necessarily make the followers wrong, or weak.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »

Following the herd isn't always a bad thing, nor does it necessarily make the followers wrong, or weak.

And yet the other side is no better.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 10:53:11 PM »

I see it differently.  The alphas controlled the course of events, even the lions to an extent.  I doubt that calf survived after that mauling.  But, if it works for you...

Quote from: http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/relationships/article2602592.ece
October 7, 2007

What modern women want: a beta male
Men are surrendering in the sex war, taking on the supporting role

Kate Mulvey
And, here's one from HuffPo championing the beta-male.

Quote from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/07/lets-hear-it-for-the-beta_n_85483.html
Let's Hear It For The Beta Male
First Posted: 2-7-08

"EVERYWHERE there's someone better than you," said Steven Tsapelas, 26, over a cheeseburger deluxe at Mike's Diner in Astoria. "Everywhere you go, if you're talking to a girl there's five other guys right in their immediate vicinity blowing you away."

So goes the refrain of the New York City beta male -- that gentle, endearingly awkward, self-conscious soul for whom love is a battlefield...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »
I see it differently.  The alphas controlled the course of events, even the lions to an extent.  I doubt that calf survived after that mauling.  But, if it works for you...

You see it differently?  Ok, you're right to see things as you please, and conjecture about the outcomes to support your agenda.

And since we're on conjecture...my supposition would be that the lioness that got the horn and was thrown through the air was the most likely to have died as a result of the day's events.

In any event, the heard isn't always wrong.  In fact, the majority, centerist view, is usually farily well rationlized and conceived.   However, there are no absolutes.    And in the case in the video, the herd ruled the day, though they may have had the weakest individual of all the combatants.  The complete independant (the croc) got just barely a taste, and the lions paid a pretty high price and netted nothing for their trouble. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:49:02 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »
You see it differently?  Ok, you're right to see things as you please, and conjecture about the outcomes to support your agenda. 

Conjecture?  Outcomes?  Agenda?  Whatever...

In fact, the majority, centerist view, is usually farily well rationlized and conceived. 

You mean balanced and nullified...  I'm sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
Conjecture?  Outcomes?  Agenda?  Whatever...

You mean balanced and nullified...  I'm sure.

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »
I think I found the culpritl
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/04/29/2010-04-29_new_nasal_spray_made_with_oxytocin_the_cuddle_hormone_could_make_men_more_sensit.html

New nasal spray made with oxytocin, the 'cuddle hormone,' could make men more sensitive

BY Rosemary Black
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 2:28 PM
Oxytocin, the ingredient in a new nasal spray, makes people feel more affectionate.

Think your man’s too macho? A new nasal spray may turn him into a sensitive romantic who’s tuned in to your every mood.

The spray, developed by scientists at the Friedrich-Wilhelms University of Bonn, Germany, uses the hormone oxytocin. Known as the cuddle hormone, it can reduce anxiety, stimulate feelings of affection in humans, bring out feelings of contentment and help new moms bond with their babies, reports the Daily Mail.

To test the so-called sensitivity spray, scientists gave 24 healthy men the cuddle drug spray while 24 other men got a placebo. The scientists worked with researchers at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, and their findings appear in the Journal of Neuroscience.

After their noses got squirted with spray, the men looked at "emotionally loaded" photos like a crying child or a man in mourning. Afterward, they were asked to discuss how much empathy they felt with the people in the photos. The men who got the sensitivity spray displayed much more emotional empathy than the men who got the placebo, according to Dr. Rene Hurlemann of Bonn, Germany. The doctor said the men who had gotten the oxytocin spray attained "the levels of sensitivity usually found in females."

Hurlemann said the study "shows for the first time that the emotional-projecting ability of oxytocin can be created." The spray could one day prove effective in treating schizophrenics, who often are unable to connect with others and who tend to lack social skills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »
Brings it all into perspective now when she says, "Stick it up your nose."

It will be for her own good. Sounds like this new spray actually makes your balls shrink. It will be known as a new condition called "Beta-balls."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.