Bless you, my son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #7241 on: April 17, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »
In the strange pairings department, I was pulling up some old stuff from Extreme and Nuno Bettencourt last night.  Extreme used to be one of my favorite rock bands many moons ago, mainly because of Nuno's guitar work.  Many know that lead singer Gary Cherone joined Van Halen for one album after Extreme broke up.  Anywho, I'm serfin' teh U-Tubes and see videos where Bettencourt toured with....Rihanna.  Not as the opening act, but playing lead with her band.  Apparently, her shows would rock out on occasion because he was slicing it up with her on stage.

May not mean much to many on here but, hey kids....if you like the rock and roll...U-Tubes some Nuno Bettencourt.  Midnight Express for the ripping of an acoustic guitar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7242 on: April 17, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Bless you, my son.

Wait until you get to the 7:30 or so mark in that video.  Two of the best out there today in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7243 on: April 17, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
Wait until you get to the 7:30 or so mark in that video.  Two of the best out there today in my opinion.

Will check it out tonight when I can put on the Bose headphones and crank it up.  Can't get the full effect here at work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7244 on: April 17, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
In the strange pairings department, I was pulling up some old stuff from Extreme and Nuno Bettencourt last night.  Extreme used to be one of my favorite rock bands many moons ago, mainly because of Nuno's guitar work.  Many know that lead singer Gary Cherone joined Van Halen for one album after Extreme broke up.  Anywho, I'm serfin' teh U-Tubes and see videos where Bettencourt toured with....Rihanna.  Not as the opening act, but playing lead with her band.  Apparently, her shows would rock out on occasion because he was slicing it up with her on stage.

May not mean much to many on here but, hey kids....if you like the rock and roll...U-Tubes some Nuno Bettencourt.  Midnight Express for the ripping of an acoustic guitar.

Extreme was one of those groups that got a really bad rap because of the commercially successful songs.  There were a lot of others that were really well done.  I always felt that Mr. Big fell into the same category as well.

"Can't You See" - Marshall Tucker Band
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7245 on: April 17, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
Extreme was one of those groups that got a really bad rap because of the commercially successful songs.  There were a lot of others that were really well done.  I always felt that Mr. Big fell into the same category as well.

Ahh, fond memories of my youth.  I remember when More Than Words and To Be With You both came out and how hugely popular they became.  Overnight it was like they both went #1.

Another for Snaggs.

Although since the slide is so easy to play I am sure that you won't be impressed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7246 on: April 17, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

Ed Zachary.  More Than Words and Whole Hearted were two acoustic songs that got all the radio time Extreme really ever got.  Otherwise, they were a pretty hard driving rock band.  I do have to say I wasn't keen on the real early stuff because Bettencourt sounded like he was trying to be Nuno Van Halen.  But they got away from that sound.  For those willing to give them a listen, I highly recommend "Waiting On the Punchline".  That album has as much unique guitar work on it as any I've ever heard.  Very raw sounding. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7247 on: April 17, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »
Ed Zachary.  More Than Words and Whole Hearted were two acoustic songs that got all the radio time Extreme really ever got.  Otherwise, they were a pretty hard driving rock band.  I do have to say I wasn't keen on the real early stuff because Bettencourt sounded like he was trying to be Nuno Van Halen.  But they got away from that sound.  For those willing to give them a listen, I highly recommend "Waiting On the Punchline".  That album has as much unique guitar work on it as any I've ever heard.  Very raw sounding.

Good call.  That is a damn good album.

"All Fired Up" - Pat Benatar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7248 on: April 17, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »
Ahh, fond memories of my youth.  I remember when More Than Words and To Be With You both came out and how hugely popular they became.  Overnight it was like they both went #1.

Another for Snaggs.

Although since the slide is so easy to play I am sure that you won't be impressed.

I think you posted this back on page 126.  Kidding but you may have. I seem to recall seeing that.  I tried playing slide once and broke my pancreas.  Not sure how but apparently, slide is difficult.  Srrsly, tried and said frick it.  I'll leave it to someone with talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7249 on: April 17, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
I think you posted this back on page 126.  Kidding but you may have. I seem to recall seeing that.  I tried playing slide once and broke my pancreas.  Not sure how but apparently, slide is difficult.  Srrsly, tried and said frick it.  I'll leave it to someone with talent.

Thinking back on it, I sent it to you in a email.  We were talking about Bonamassa and how he is never mentioned as a guy that can tear it up.  I mentioned the same thing about Trucks. 

Pffffftttttttt, the slide is so easy I can play the intro to "Bad Seamstress Blues" and still screw it up ten times while playing it.  I just don't get it.  Trucks and Haynes make it look simple and my hands are like "WTF is this?".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7250 on: April 17, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »
So Long - Henry Paul Band
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7251 on: April 18, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
I want you - Tom Waits
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7252 on: April 18, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »
The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7253 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
Lonelÿ is The Night - Billy Squier
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7254 on: April 18, 2013, 10:27:09 PM »
Say Hello to Heaven - Temple of the Dog
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7255 on: April 19, 2013, 06:39:18 AM »
"Out of the Blue" - David Gilmour
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7256 on: April 19, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »
Dead Memories - Slipknot
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7257 on: April 21, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »

"The Man Who Sold the World"
The greatest cover band I've ever heard, NIRVANA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7258 on: April 22, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
"Livin' Thing" - ELO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7259 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »
Eyes Of The Insane - Slayer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions