Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #5760 on: August 23, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
Someone Like You - Adele

I don't know who the guy was that broke her heart to make her write those songs, but he damn sure made her rich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5761 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
Someone Like You - Adele

I don't know who the guy was that broke her heart to make her write those songs, but he damn sure made her rich.

She looks like she smells like smoke and peanut butter.

Goodbye I love you               Firefall
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5762 on: August 23, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »

Oddly enough, I agree with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #5763 on: August 23, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
True dat-plus trying to get into concert mode.  Loverboy-Pat Benatar-Journey Sat night

If You're Gonna Play In Texas     Alabama

Always was puzzled about that last song. Ive seen Alabama in concert 3 times and last time I checked the fiddle isn't exactly indigenous to Texas music. I guess it sounded better in a song than "steel guitar" which is very much a Texas-y instrument. "If youre gonna play in Kentucky..." just didn't sound as good either speaking of a fiddle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5764 on: August 23, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
Always was puzzled about that last song. Ive seen Alabama in concert 3 times and last time I checked the fiddle isn't exactly indigenous to Texas music. I guess it sounded better in a song than "steel guitar" which is very much a Texas-y instrument. "If youre gonna play in Kentucky..." just didn't sound as good either speaking of a fiddle.

I don't know either as my (best) club days are behind me and the last time I saw them was 90’s. Over at Billy bob’s (Ft. worth). I heard the Term yee-haw and oh HELL ya a few times that night

Fire Woman    The Cult
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #5765 on: August 23, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »

I can't think of old Texas country and western swing without hearing twin fiddles.  You don't get more Tejas country than early George Strait, can you imagine this without the fiddle at the beginning and end?

Plus, Alabama made every excuse to get Jeff to open up his case.  I saw them on their fairwell tour at Phillips Arena and the next night at Oak Mountain.  Jeff Cook was playing a lime green Telecaster, but when they played "If You're Gonna Play in Texas" he broke out a lime green electric fiddle that was cut to look like a miniature Telecaster.  It was awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5766 on: August 23, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »

Oh she isn't much to look at, but damn she can sing.

I Found You - Alabama Shakes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5767 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
"Thank You for Being a Friend" - Andrew Gold
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5768 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
Tour Of Duty - Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5769 on: August 24, 2012, 10:13:08 AM »
Great Southern Land      Icehouse
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5770 on: August 24, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
"Weird Science" - Oingo Boingo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5771 on: August 24, 2012, 10:40:52 AM »
Red Solo Cup       Toby Keith
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5772 on: August 24, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »
"Why Don't You Get a Job" - The Offfspring
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5773 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
Wait a million Years       The Grass Roots
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5774 on: August 24, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »
I can't think of old Texas country and western swing without hearing twin fiddles.  You don't get more Tejas country than early George Strait, can you imagine this without the fiddle at the beginning and end?

Plus, Alabama made every excuse to get Jeff to open up his case.  I saw them on their fairwell tour at Phillips Arena and the next night at Oak Mountain.  Jeff Cook was playing a lime green Telecaster, but when they played "If You're Gonna Play in Texas" he broke out a lime green electric fiddle that was cut to look like a miniature Telecaster.  It was awesome.

That's why I said "indigenous" which would be more Tenn and Kentucky (bluegrass). I def think the steel guitar/pedal guitar is something that was in a lot of that early Texas Western music and was true to it. Acoustic is even more common. Strait is still a jonny come lately in the overall picture of country music, although I give him kudos on the use of fiddle in his early stuff. Amarillo by Morning is his best to me.

Saw Alabama on that same tour in Columbus. Jeff is an amazing, underrated musician.

I thought this was an interesting tidbit as far as the roots of fiddling and banjo music:
Immigrants to the Maritime Provinces and Southern Appalachian Mountains of North America brought the music and instruments of the Old World along with them for nearly 300 years. They brought some of their most important valuables with them, and to most of them this was an instrument: “Early Scottish settlers enjoyed the fiddle because it could be played to sound sad and mournful or bright and bouncy”[7] The Irish fiddle, the German derived dulcimer, the Italian mandolin, the Spanish guitar, and the West African banjo[8] were the most common musical instruments. The interactions among musicians from different ethnic groups produced music unique to this region of North America. Appalachian string bands of the early 20th century primarily consisted of the fiddle, guitar, and banjo.[9] This early country music along with early recorded country music is often referred to as old-time music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #5775 on: August 24, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
Wait a million Years       The Grass Roots

Umm, yeah...Ive seen them in concert. No, I'm not joking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5776 on: August 24, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
"Shoe Box" - Barenaked Ladies
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5777 on: August 24, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
Umm, yeah...Ive seen them in concert. No, I'm not joking.

Saw them two years ago I think at a local fest-They were terrible-Lead singer died last year I think-So I cut them some slack.

Sole Survivor                         Asia

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5778 on: August 27, 2012, 07:19:02 AM »
"I Think I'm Paranoid" - Garbage
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5779 on: August 27, 2012, 09:58:29 AM »
"Wild Horses" - Rolling Stones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.