"Cumbersome" - Seven Mary Three
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #5321 on: June 07, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »
"Tiny Dancer" - Elton John

Hold me closer Tony Danza......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5322 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
Hold me closer Tony Danza......

I chortled.

Speaking of Billy Ray Cyrus, I actually saw the guy in concert in Pensacola during the 6 months he was famous.  The wife and her sister just had to go see him so I tagged along.  (Okay, I had a man-crush on his mullet)  Believe it or not, it was a pretty decent concert.  He played for about 2 hours and did several covers including some Skynyrd and Zepplin.  He was just there for the wimmenz to look at and throw panties on the stage for...but his band was damn good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5323 on: June 07, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »
"Whiskey in the Jar" - Thin Lizzy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #5324 on: June 07, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
I chortled.

Speaking of Billy Ray Cyrus, I actually saw the guy in concert in Pensacola during the 6 months he was famous.  The wife and her sister just had to go see him so I tagged along.  (Okay, I had a man-crush on his mullet)  Believe it or not, it was a pretty decent concert.  He played for about 2 hours and did several covers including some Skynyrd and Zepplin.  He was just there for the wimmenz to look at and throw panties on the stage for...but his band was damn good.

And now I chortled........ :haha:

Thing is, the guy didn't have the worst voice in the world for a country singer. His songs were terrible though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5325 on: June 07, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »
"The Ballad of Serenity" - Sonny Rhodes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5326 on: June 07, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »
No doubt.  Like I said, he was really just up there for the ladies to cream over.  I was just surprised that his band could rip it up pretty good live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5327 on: June 07, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »
"Everytime I think of You" - The Babys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5328 on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:54 PM »
"The Ballad of Serenity" - Sonny Rhodes

Come on Sani..... :aoop:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5329 on: June 07, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »
Come on Sani..... :aoop:

I figured you had missed all the times you didn't get to hear it this weekend and had been catching up..

"That's All" - Genesis
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5330 on: June 07, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
I figured you had missed all the times you didn't get to hear it this weekend and had been catching up..

"That's All" - Genesis

I've watched them all now.  I am halfway through the movie, I remembered it a lot more than I thought.

"All Right now" - Free
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5331 on: June 07, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
"You're Sixteen" - Ringo Starr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5332 on: June 08, 2012, 01:37:24 AM »
I like Yoakam, but top 5? With all the legends that graced that genre? Twitty, Williams, Jones, Haggard, Jennings, Nelson, Strait, Cash, Arnold (had a ton of country hits), Wynette, Rogers, Cline.......

I knew my drunk azz needed to reply to this thread.  Yes.  He is on my top5.  Cash, Nelson, Jennings, Haggard and Yoakam.  His stuff came along at time when Nashville was raping artist.  Strait?  He would have made the cut, but he has fell victim to Nashville.  Have you really listened to his stuff since "The Road Less Traveled" album?  Honkytonkville and Somewhere Down In Texas?  Really? Twang?  All shit except maybe three true county songs combined. 

Cline would make it higher if she would have written her own songs.  Too bad she had to rely on Nelson and others.  <3 Eddie Arnold, but still rank Dwight higher.  Keith Whitley would have made it on my list if he would have lived long enough to had any longevity.  Damn shame.  He might would have been the GOAT country artist if not for the coke and booze.

You are correct that his sound was looked down upon by "country purist", but I still contend that the purist we think about are Nashville dick suckers (not taking away from their talent), but when Dwight told Nashville to fuck off, that he would be recording and doing it his way, that he was shit upon by most reviews.  The man has won Grammy's, ACM awards and has been nominated for a ton of ACM's, but only been nominated 3 to 5 times for a CMA?  Fuck that.  He stayed pure to his roots and it cost him in the mainstream.

Okay, so maybe his "fuck the establishment" attitude has clouded my judgement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5333 on: June 08, 2012, 01:40:25 AM »
His best song IMO

Hell of a song!

Still rank this one as his best ever.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5334 on: June 08, 2012, 07:01:46 AM »
"Connected" - Stereo MC's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5335 on: June 08, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »
I knew my drunk azz needed to reply to this thread.  Yes.  He is on my top5.  Cash, Nelson, Jennings, Haggard and Yoakam.  His stuff came along at time when Nashville was raping artist.  Strait?  He would have made the cut, but he has fell victim to Nashville.  Have you really listened to his stuff since "The Road Less Traveled" album?  Honkytonkville and Somewhere Down In Texas?  Really? Twang?  All shit except maybe three true county songs combined. 

Cline would make it higher if she would have written her own songs.  Too bad she had to rely on Nelson and others.  <3 Eddie Arnold, but still rank Dwight higher.  Keith Whitley would have made it on my list if he would have lived long enough to had any longevity.  Damn shame.  He might would have been the GOAT country artist if not for the coke and booze.

You are correct that his sound was looked down upon by "country purist", but I still contend that the purist we think about are Nashville dick suckers (not taking away from their talent), but when Dwight told Nashville to fuck off, that he would be recording and doing it his way, that he was shit upon by most reviews.  The man has won Grammy's, ACM awards and has been nominated for a ton of ACM's, but only been nominated 3 to 5 times for a CMA?  Fuck that.  He stayed pure to his roots and it cost him in the mainstream.

Okay, so maybe his "fuck the establishment" attitude has clouded my judgement.

Yeah, I like him but I can't rank him that high solely based off him telling someone I don't like to fuck off.

Strait's stuff from the 80's alone is enough to get him Top 10 IMHO.

And how dare you leave off the guy that started it all!!! HANK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5336 on: June 08, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »
"Too Fast for Love" - Motley Crue
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5337 on: June 09, 2012, 01:18:13 AM »
Yeah, I like him but I can't rank him that high solely based off him telling someone I don't like to fuck off.

Strait's stuff from the 80's alone is enough to get him Top 10 IMHO.

And how dare you leave off the guy that started it all!!! HANK!

Mostly said that in jest. It's one of the many reasons I like him.  I think his overall body of work ranks him in the top 5.  It's just great "country" music.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5338 on: June 11, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »
Give My Love to Rose - Johnny Cash
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5339 on: June 11, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »
"You're Only Lonely" - J.D. Souther
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions