Where did our love go?  The Supremes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #5301 on: June 06, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
What's Goin' On - Seal (Cover of the Marvin Gaye classic.  Not a huge Seal or MG fan but excellent job)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5302 on: June 06, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
"Jesus is Just Alright with Me" - Doobie Brothers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5303 on: June 06, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
I normally don't like the poppy, peppy, pseudo rock, country music, but I cannot get enough of this.

Then you should love Eric Church. He hates those types. We had that discussion a couple of weeks ago. AUT1 posted an article about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #5304 on: June 06, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
Well - Guster
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5305 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »
"Shout at the Devil" - Motley Crue
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5306 on: June 06, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
The Kitchen/The Orgy    Basil Poledouris    From original Conan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5307 on: June 06, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »
Springsteen - Eric Church

I normally don't like the poppy, peppy, pseudo rock, country music, but I cannot get enough of this.

I have since that discussion checked out more of his work, some good, some down right turrible.  I agree though.  That song sucked me in and I couldn't get enough of it for a couple of weeks.

Ain't That Lonely Yet - Dwight Yoakam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5308 on: June 06, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
I have since that discussion checked out more of his work, some good, some down right turrible.  I agree though.  That song sucked me in and I couldn't get enough of it for a couple of weeks.

Ain't That Lonely Yet - Dwight Yoakam

Fast As You - Dwi......oh wait, we've gone down that road before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5309 on: June 06, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
I would have held up a lighter...but I don't smoke.  So, I held up my Droid and waved it around.  Good stuff.

You should check him, Drive-By Truckers, Lucero and Ryan Bingham out.  I think you would like all 4. 

Since I have posted some Lucero and Isbell I recommend these (The Truckers stuff with Isbell is their best work, but it's all good):

Ryan Bingham:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5310 on: June 06, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »
Fast As You - Dwi......oh wait, we've gone down that road before.

We have, I would rank him in my top5 "Country" artist of all time. 

Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues - Dwight Yoakam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5311 on: June 06, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »

I know you yanked on me about Fast As You.  That was at a time when I was actually listening to some country and for a "country" artist, I thought that song was a good change of pace.  Good rock and roll is my first love and having a country song with some good licks (besides setting your Telecaster to chicken pickin' mode) and some good lead was...wefweshing.  Used to play some Radney Foster too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5312 on: June 06, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »
I know you yanked on me about Fast As You.  That was at a time when I was actually listening to some country and for a "country" artist, I thought that song was a good change of pace.  Good rock and roll is my first love and having a country song with some good licks (besides setting your Telecaster to chicken pickin' mode) and some good lead was...wefweshing.  Used to play some Radney Foster too.

Very underrated imo. He has produced a couple of albums for a band I really like "The Randy Rogers Band". Speaking of which.........

Crazy Over You - Radney Foster & Bill Lloyd

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5313 on: June 06, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »

His best song IMO

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5314 on: June 07, 2012, 07:27:06 AM »
"Near the End" - David Gilmour 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5315 on: June 07, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

I like Yoakam, but top 5? With all the legends that graced that genre? Twitty, Williams, Jones, Haggard, Jennings, Nelson, Strait, Cash, Arnold (had a ton of country hits), Wynette, Rogers, Cline.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5316 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »
I like Yoakam, but top 5? With all the legends that graced that genre? Twitty, Williams, Jones, Haggard, Jennings, Nelson, Strait, Cash, Arnold (had a ton of country hits), Wynette, Rogers, Cline.......

What about Billy Ray Cyrus?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5317 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
"Redemption Song" - Bob Marley
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5318 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
"Tiny Dancer" - Elton John
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #5319 on: June 07, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
What about Billy Ray Cyrus?

Well dude, that was implied #1. The mullet was teh roxxers.

I love Dwight's music (which is influenced by Bakersfield), but at the time it was popular the Bakersfield Sound was looked down upon as well by Country Purists from the southeast and Texas, kind of like the poppy country shit is looked at today. The only artist that spawned from that genre in the 50's and 60's that is decent and wasn't that "Bakersfield whiney" was Haggard. Buck Owens absolutely makes me cringe aside from Act Naturally. Marty Stuart aint much better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE