Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #4180 on: December 08, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »
Had the same casette yes casette, with Chet/Knopfler.  Oh yeah.  What's so funny is my moms gave them to me.  She liked Chet Atkins music and since I played guitar, she thought I would too.  I was like whatever.  Popped it in the player and didn't take it out for weeks.

That was a really neat story dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4181 on: December 08, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
Had the same casette yes casette, with Chet/Knopfler.  Oh yeah.  What's so funny is my moms gave them to me.  She liked Chet Atkins music and since I played guitar, she thought I would too.  I was like whatever.  Popped it in the player and didn't take it out for weeks.

Yeah, I have said it before, I am not a good guitar player.  Hell, I don't play at all, I strum some chords together to make a half ass song.   I listen to guys like them play and get really pissed off at myself for not taking it more serious when I was younger.  Not that it would have made much different, but it would have made more of a difference then and been easier than it would be now.  Then again, those guys are either born with it or they took a trip with Robert Johnson and sold their souls to the devil.

Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again) - Waylon Jennings
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4182 on: December 08, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »
That was a really neat story dude.

Is Snags gonna have to slap a bitch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4183 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:30 PM »

Looks like it.

'Til I Gain Control Again - Rodney Crowell 

I have always liked his stuff.  Got a Roy Orbison feel to him and I love me some Roy Orbison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4184 on: December 08, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
"Jamie's Cryin'" - Van Halen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4185 on: December 08, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
I am also a fan of the finger pickin' stylings of Messrs Reed, Atkins, and Knofler.  But for me my favorite acoustic country picker does it flat style.  Mr. Doc Watson.  "I think you can play some of these fiddle tunes on the guitar the way you get around with that flat pick."  I think I've posted this about 10 different time on here, but I don't care because it too awesome.

Best "country" electric picker is Junior Brown, full stop.  I have heard that he is also the best live show to go see also.  The man is so awesome he invented his own guitar.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4186 on: December 08, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »
"Easy" - Faith No More
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4187 on: December 08, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »

Go head with it.

And agree AUT1 on Orbison. When I read bios of great musicians I see him referenced as an influence as much as anyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4188 on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
Buy You A Chevrolet - Foghat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4189 on: December 08, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
Junior Brown is a kick ass guitarist.  Listen to Stupid Blues.  Beautiful.

Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4190 on: December 12, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
She Comes Home to Me - Adam Sandler.  A very touching song, that everyone on the X would appreciate.

She rolled up and down your fat prick
But it was me who took her to the Meg Ryan flick
She's got a face full of nuts
And a mouth full of cocks
She's done Seal, Larry King, four New Kids on the Block,
She blew the Winnipeg Jets right after a game
But they never got to know her actual name
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4191 on: December 12, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »
"Good Lovin', Gone Bad" - Bad Company
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4192 on: December 12, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »
Let It Snow - Aaron Neville
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4193 on: December 12, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
End of the Line - The Traveling Wilburys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4194 on: December 12, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »
Let It Snow - Aaron Neville

Oh good god!  Really!

Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band............now

Dreadful Selfish Crime - Robert Earl Keen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4195 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
"Hot Legs" - Rod Stewart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4196 on: December 12, 2011, 01:18:16 PM »
Oh good god!  Really!

Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band............now

Dreadful Selfish Crime - Robert Earl Keen

Love me some Christmas music.  I'm a Christmas kind of guy.  We start decorating right after Halloween.  Now have 7 trees up.  I'm ordering the Charlie Brown Christmas sound track.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4197 on: December 12, 2011, 01:54:58 PM »
"Solar Anthem" - Billy Thorpe
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4198 on: December 12, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »
Love me some Christmas music.  I'm a Christmas kind of guy.  We start decorating right after Halloween.  Now have 7 trees up.  I'm ordering the Charlie Brown Christmas sound track.

Christmas sucks, easily the worst of the holidays.  I have to put on the good face and act like I enjoy it for the kid.

Mother's Little Helper - Rolling Stones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4199 on: December 12, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
Easily - Red Hot Chili Peppers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions