"When Loves Comes to Town" - Herbie Hancock
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #4162 on: December 07, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »
Daughtry's cover of She Talks to Angels
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4163 on: December 08, 2011, 07:06:10 AM »
"Never Let You Go" - Third Eye Blind
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4164 on: December 08, 2011, 10:22:57 AM »
It started really getting shitakety around that time with all the whiney, pop sounding bands. There are still some purists that record music, a lot of them are outlaw country like Hank III, Shooter Jennings....even a few new ones out of Georgia. Some of them are a little "ackward" but it beats the pop shitake like Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. Keith Urban, who I know is a fantastic geetarr player, is too poppy as well.

IMHO, people like Colt Ford should be shot on site for the crap he puts out. Country and Rap have no business co existing in the same song. It was nice to hear Dwight Yoakam and George Jones call out all this crap in Nashville last year.

This man knows.  And Keith Urban would be the worst male country singer out there now if not for Luke Bryan who is adored by my 6 year old daughter who also listens to Alvin and the Chipmunks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4165 on: December 08, 2011, 10:24:49 AM »
"Girls & Boys" - Blur
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4166 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
This man knows.  And Keith Urban would be the worst male country singer out there now if not for Luke Bryan who is adored by my 6 year old daughter who also listens to Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Dwight Yoakam gets mad respect from me for his "Fuck The Establishment" attitude.  The man gets shit on by the CMA's, does very well with the AMC and Grammy.   I am guessing when I quit listening in the mid 90's it got really shitty.   

Dwight Yoakam - Fair To Midland
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4167 on: December 08, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »
Dwight Yoakam gets mad respect from me for his "Fuck The Establishment" attitude.  The man gets shit on by the CMA's, does very well with the AMC and Grammy.   I am guessing when I quit listening in the mid 90's it got really shitty.   

Well anytime you do a movie with Janeane Garofalo you have to expect to pay some sort of a price.

"Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof" - Travis Tritt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4168 on: December 08, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »
Walk This Way - Run DMC/Aerosmith
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4169 on: December 08, 2011, 02:07:14 PM »
"In America" - CDB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4170 on: December 08, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
Well anytime you do a movie with Janeane Garofalo you have to expect to pay some sort of a price.

"Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof" - Travis Tritt

Maybe, but you would think that playing a meanass drunk like Doyle Hargraves and a superior bank robber like Brentwood Glasscock would get him a pass.

That Lonesome Song - Jamey Johnson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4171 on: December 08, 2011, 02:15:20 PM »

Dwight Yoakam - Fair To Midland

George Jones is in the same boat. They have both said Taylor Swift is ruining Country Music. I disagree though slightly. It was already getting ruined, she is just finishing the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4172 on: December 08, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
George Jones is in the same boat. They have both said Taylor Swift is ruining Country Music. I disagree though slightly. It was already getting ruined, she is just finishing the job.

Kris Kristofferson gave her credit for being able to write her own songs and that was it.  He bragged on Miranda Lambert and one or two others.  Blasted the rest of them for ruining it. 

Amos Moses - Jerry Reed  <--Jesus, what a damn fine guitar player.  Possibly the most underrated guitar player of all time.  He is never mentioned as being great and he should be.   Go youtube some of him and Chet Atkins playing. <3
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4173 on: December 08, 2011, 02:25:09 PM »
Kris Kristofferson gave her credit for being able to write her own songs and that was it.  He bragged on Miranda Lambert and one or two others.  Blasted the rest of them for ruining it. 

Amos Moses - Jerry Reed  <--Jesus, what a damn fine guitar player.  Possibly the most underrated guitar player of all time.  He is never mentioned as being great and he should be.   Go youtube some of him and Chet Atkins playing. <3

Love Jerry Reed. Not a bad actor either. Just a real dude.

Although she's hotter than a fire poker, Carrie Underwood is doing the same shit Swift is.

Band Perry is decent because they play a lot of instruments, including Bluegrass. Plus the lead is a cutie. They are from Mobile.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:29:16 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4174 on: December 08, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »

I had a casette...yes a casette tape of Jerry and Chet.  Wore that bitch out.  Just unreal licks.  I took it to this guy I was taking guitar from years ago to see if he could show me some of it.  He could show me..but I couldn't play it.  Saw Chet Atkins in Montgomery many moons ago.  Just him and his guitar on stage.  Sheezus!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4175 on: December 08, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »
Love Jerry Reed. Not a bad actor either. Just a real dude.

Although she's hotter than a fire poker, Carrie Underwood is doing the same shit Swift is.

Yeah, she is pure shit as well.  I listen to Miranda Lambert, Jennifer Hanson or someone similar if I want to hear a female country artist.  Both of them are smoke!  Damn, just damn!  That helps a lot too.  Speaking of.......

Airstream Song - Miranda Lambert

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4176 on: December 08, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
I want to get in Carrie's Underpants
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4177 on: December 08, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »
"Flavor of the Week" - American HiFi
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4178 on: December 08, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »
I had a casette...yes a casette tape of Jerry and Chet.  Wore that bitch out.  Just unreal licks.  I took it to this guy I was taking guitar from years ago to see if he could show me some of it.  He could show me..but I couldn't play it.  Saw Chet Atkins in Montgomery many moons ago.  Just him and his guitar on stage.  Sheezus!!!!

I had a cassette....yes a casette of Chet and Mark Knopfler.  It too was great.  Yakety Axe, Poor Boy Blues, I'll See You In My Dreams.  I need to find a CD of that and order it.

Some Rascal Flats just came across my Pandora channel, I skipped so fast that it skipped two songs and I missed out on Amanda by Waylon Jennings.  :sad:

Highwayman - Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4179 on: December 08, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »
I had a cassette....yes a casette of Chet and Mark Knopfler.  It too was great.  Yakety Axe, Poor Boy Blues, I'll See You In My Dreams.  I need to find a CD of that and order it.

Some Rascal Flats just came across my Pandora channel, I skipped so fast that it skipped two songs and I missed out on Amanda by Waylon Jennings.  :sad:

Highwayman - Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson

Had the same casette yes casette, with Chet/Knopfler.  Oh yeah.  What's so funny is my moms gave them to me.  She liked Chet Atkins music and since I played guitar, she thought I would too.  I was like whatever.  Popped it in the player and didn't take it out for weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions