"The Garden of Allah" - Don Henley
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #4062 on: November 18, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
King Of The Stereo - Saliva
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4063 on: November 18, 2011, 03:17:53 PM »
Song For You (Live 1974) - Willie Nelson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4064 on: November 18, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »
I've refused to participate in this thread so far, but I will post this here, just because it doesn't warrant it's own.

Motion City Soundtrack is one of my favorite bands. Post-punk power pop band.

I also really like Bluegrass.

Motion City Soundtrack and Trampled By Turtles did a split CD where they each cover one of each other's songs.

This is the original Motion City Soundtrack song.

This is Trampled By Turtles's cover from this album.

And now for the other song, and the purpose of this post. I can't stop listening to both versions on loop. Right now, my two favorite songs are the same song. Both versions of this one.

Here's the Trampled By Turtles original.

And here's Motion City Soundtrack's cover.

:thumsup: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4065 on: November 19, 2011, 12:28:29 AM »
Well post more in this thread dammit.  It gives me new ideas of shit to look for.  Like what you posted above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4066 on: November 19, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
New Orleans - Trampled by Turtles
Weird that you posted this this week.

I downloaded the split album on Monday, and immediately downloaded all the Trampled By Turtles stuff.

Good shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4067 on: November 19, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
Well post more in this thread dammit.  It gives me new ideas of shit to look for.  Like what you posted above.
I have posted about Motion City Soundtrack before. The general response was people didn't dig it. I like them a lot.

A couple other songs of theirs.

Some slower ballads, but good.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:03:18 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4068 on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:11 AM »
"Whole Lot of Rosie" - AC/DC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4069 on: November 21, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
Everything - Everclear
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4070 on: November 21, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
I Don't Care - Apocalyptica

Chizad, what do you think?

Figured you might be into them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4071 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
Chizad, what do you think?

Figured you might be into them.
Black Pistol Fire seems pretty awesome. I'm downloading their album now.

Sheep Dogs are a little too hippie for me. Especially that first song. I may have been more apt to like them had I not listened to that one first. They got progressively better. I know you're big on the Allmans, but I'm just not that into them. Clearly a big influence on these guys.

That last song sounded like the Black Keys. Who I like.

In case you haven't heard them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4072 on: November 21, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
For the hip-hop heads (Wes, Jumbo, Prowler, etc.)

There's an unsigned rapper here in NOLA, that I have little doubt will be signed and have at least some degree of fame very soon.

His name is Dee-1. I saw him last night at this Po-Boy Festival they had uptown. Show was awesome. And he was the nicest dude ever. Walked around the whole event shooting the shit with everyone that would talk to him. Mostly 40+ year old white people. I shook his hand and told him good show when I ran into him. He was almost overboard thanking me for enjoying it.

I downloaded his latest mix tape. He's got a refreshingly intelligent style. A lot of socially conscious lines about personal responsibility and disdain for criminals. But not all preachy in a Talib Kweli way.

For the hip-hop heads (Wes, Jumbo, Prowler, etc.)

There's an unsigned rapper here in NOLA, that I have little doubt will be signed and have at least some degree of fame very soon.

His name is Dee-1. I saw him last night at this Po-Boy Festival they had uptown. Show was awesome. And he was the nicest dude ever. Walked around the whole event shooting the shit with everyone that would talk to him. Mostly 40+ year old white people.

I downloaded his latest mix tape. He's got a refreshingly intelligent style. A lot of socially conscious lines about personal responsibility and disdain for criminals. But not all preachy in a Talib Kweli way. Just saying stuff most "gangsta" rappers would never say. There's a lot of cliche in rap, and it's nice when someone goes against that.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:51:11 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4073 on: November 21, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »
Black Pistol Fire seems pretty awesome. I'm downloading their album now.

Sheep Dogs are a little too hippie for me. Especially that first song. I may have been more apt to like them had I not listened to that one first. They got progressively better. I know you're big on the Allmans, but I'm just not that into them. Clearly a big influence on these guys.

That last song sounded like the Black Keys. Who I like.

In case you haven't heard them.

I hate you!

I <3 The Black Keys.  I have posted several of there vids somewhere in this thread and in one other where Snaggletiger wanted some suggestions on badass new guitar players.  I posted some Jack White and Dan Auerbach which he didn't listen to.  Me and jmar actually had a coherent conversation about the Black Keys once upon a time in this thread.  He is a fan as well.

I like a little of everything if you haven't noticed.  Love the Allmans more than any though.  It's what I grew up on around the house.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:44:27 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4074 on: November 21, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
Cult of Personality - Living Colour

I will try and post some speed metal for Snaggle in the AM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4075 on: November 21, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »
That Black Pistol Fire band you recommended is good shit.

I downloaded the album here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4076 on: November 22, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
I hate you!

I <3 The Black Keys.  I have posted several of there vids somewhere in this thread and in one other where Snaggletiger wanted some suggestions on badass new guitar players.  I posted some Jack White and Dan Auerbach which he didn't listen to.  Me and jmar actually had a coherent conversation about the Black Keys once upon a time in this thread.  He is a fan as well.

I like a little of everything if you haven't noticed.  Love the Allmans more than any though.  It's what I grew up on around the house.

There are other bands and guitarists dipshit.  ~poking stick~

Nothin but love AUT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4077 on: November 22, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »
There are other bands and guitarists dipshit.  ~poking stick~

Nothin but love AUT.

There are, but none as good.

Oh and  :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4078 on: November 22, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »
There are, but none as good.

Oh and  :fu:

Careful, I have mad alligator shit talking skills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4079 on: November 22, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
Careful, I have mad alligator shit talking skills.

You're gonna have to after I feed you to them for all the Allman shit talking.

For Snaggle, since he loves it so much.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions