Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #3060 on: August 01, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
I thought after the Black album they lost something that made them Metallica.  I don't know what it was, but it wasn't the same for me........then along came Death Magnetic and it was like I was listening to Master, Lighting and Justice all over again.   St. Anger was a bit heavier and like the old Metallica, than anything after Black.  I don't know if losing Newstead and picking up Trujillo had anything to do with that or not.  I don't know the back story on that one.  To me Justice was the complete album, top to bottom not a bad song imo.

Fade to Black - Metallica

Same here. I guess I am kind of a Metallica snob and purist in the fact that I only like the Black Album and before. Their later shit to me was just blehhh. I thought S&M was a cool concept for Metal but it was like watching Dirty Harry shoot with a pellet gun. They appeared to lose their edge. But I don't think they sold out like many think claim. I think they just experimented and it went totally downhill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3061 on: August 01, 2011, 02:01:49 PM »
Same here. I guess I am kind of a Metallica snob and purist in the fact that I only like the Black Album and before. Their later shit to me was just blehhh. I thought S&M was a cool concept for Metal but it was like watching Dirty Harry shoot with a pellet gun. They appeared to lose their edge. But I don't think they sold out like many think claim. I think they just experimented and it went totally downhill.

That and I think that they had traveled a lot, been playing for a long time.   Sometimes you just lose that edge for a few moments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #3062 on: August 01, 2011, 02:07:16 PM »
That and I think that they had traveled a lot, been playing for a long time.   Sometimes you just lose that edge for a few moments.

Duane's older brother did that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3063 on: August 01, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »
Duane's older brother did that too.

Oh yeah.  A lot of bands/acts do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3064 on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »
Oh yeah.  A lot of bands/acts do.

It's usually called rehab.

Name one band/singer that has been as good or better after they cleaned up.

And I don't mean commercially better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3065 on: August 01, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »

Chili Peppers

Stadium Arcadium is the best album they've put out since Blood Sugar.  And I believe they are all totally sober now.

It's Easy - Boston
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3066 on: August 01, 2011, 02:28:04 PM »
Chili Peppers

Stadium Arcadium is the best album they've put out since Blood Sugar.  And I believe they are all totally sober now.

It's Easy - Boston

Close but still not Blood Sugar IMO. 

Hell Aerosmith had a lot of good shit since they cleaned up but as good as it was it never touched the edgyness of the earlier stuff.

let's face it.  Drugs help make good music.

"Couldn't Get It Right" - Climax Blues band
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:28:49 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3067 on: August 01, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »

Aerosmith?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3068 on: August 01, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
Aerosmith?

See above.

STP? - No
Janes Addiction? - No
The Stones? - No

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3069 on: August 01, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

I can't say that for Greg Allman, his days with Duane and Oakley were the best of that band.  They have had flashes of brilliance with Trucks and Betts but not like they used to.

If there is one I would have to go with Zakk Wylde.  His guitar playing is as good as it was with Pride-N-Glory and early BLS.  That is when he finally came into his own, I think he has gotten better with his last two albums.  They are great.  Both released since he sobered up. 

Overlord - Black Label Society.

EDIT:  In saying that, yes, most bands are not as good when they get off the hookers, blow, smack and booze.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:45:36 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3070 on: August 01, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »
Fire Inside - Bob Seger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3071 on: August 01, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
Dylan's Hard Rain - Ryan Bingham
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #3072 on: August 01, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »
Chili Peppers

It's Easy - Boston

Keith Richards...no wait, you said cleaned up.

Hey, doesnt that kind of apply to Boston too though since Delp never really got over it? I mean, a charcoal grill in the bathroom is a rough way to go. Guy could scream though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #3073 on: August 01, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
I Remember You - Skid Row
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3074 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:12 AM »
"Damn Yankees" - Damn Yankees
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3075 on: August 02, 2011, 07:27:21 AM »
She Don't Care - Simplified
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3076 on: August 02, 2011, 10:56:29 AM »
Pudding Time - Primus
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3077 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
Pudding Time - Primus

Danny was a race car driver
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3078 on: August 02, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
"Bicycle Race" - Queen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3079 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
Argue - Matchbox 20
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions