Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2920 on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:03 PM »
Oh the story is very sad and worth delving into because once you know the story and then hear him play "The Supernatural," you are hooked because this unassuming sweet man played so magnificently... and with limited effects. He didn't know he was schizophrenic and was heavy- dosed acid in Munich and never fully recovered. Spencer joined a cult which led to Green's short return and Kirwan eventually went homeless as an alcoholic. But for a little over two years these guys were dynamite.

Go on.....

Strange - Ryan Bingham
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #2921 on: July 20, 2011, 12:17:48 AM »
Go on.....

Strange - Ryan Bingham
Well I would but I'd rather listen to some tunes.

Black Cat Bones-Death Valley Blues
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:59:51 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2922 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:17 AM »
She's a Rainbow - Rolling Stones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2923 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:01 AM »
Whispered Words (Pretty Lies) - Dan Auerbach

Check out some of Auerbach's work if you get a chance, one of the best guitarist to come from this generation if you ask me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2924 on: July 20, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
"Love is Alive" - Gary Wright
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2925 on: July 20, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »
Agree.....also on my fav list:

Abbey Road
Exile on Main Street
Eat a Peach
Layla and other Assorted Love Songs
Joshua Tree
Led Zeppelin II and IV
Nevermind
What's the Story Morning Glory
Throwing Copper

I would have a hard time with my top5. 

Sgt. Peppers
Eat a Peach
Axis: Bold as Love
Big Come Up or Dirt

Personal preference, good music from tack1 to the finish on all of the above in IMO.  Only studio versions. I don't include live albums or greatest hit albums.  I should include live albums.  If I did, the Filmore collection would probably make my top 5 by itself.

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town - The Killers  <---favorite version of that song.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2926 on: July 20, 2011, 03:27:01 PM »
Old Alabama - Brad Paisley
Moonlight Mile - Rolling Stones
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #2927 on: July 20, 2011, 11:56:40 PM »

...an example where less is actually more
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2928 on: July 21, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »

...an example where less is actually more
good stuff jmar!

Lead guitarist for Cake.  Xan McCurdy.  He is damn good, that Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean with a Bigsby tremolo make a beautiful noise.  I want one of those but fear that I will never be able to blow that kind of money on a geeetar.  The best price I have ever seen on one is $1,600 and I am not sure it was legit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2929 on: July 21, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
It's a beauty and McCurdy can sure make it talk. Will definitely spend some time with Cake now. Shall I assume you played one and were able to walk away from it? I'm no Danny Sheridan but I predict you will have this guitar by next summer. See, done!   

That '59 LP like Green played was $239 back in the day. He sold it to Gary Moore who has since passed and now a very good player out of Dallas has it. I hate seeing collectors hoarding instruments that need to be played. Some dude was showing off three of them on the net.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2930 on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:59 AM »
"Midnight Rider" - Allman Brothers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #2931 on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
It's a beauty and McCurdy can sure make it talk. Will definitely spend some time with Cake now. Shall I assume you played one and were able to walk away from it? I'm no Danny Sheridan but I predict you will have this guitar by next summer. See, done!   

That '59 LP like Green played was $239 back in the day. He sold it to Gary Moore who has since passed and now a very good player out of Dallas has it. I hate seeing collectors hoarding instruments that need to be played. Some dude was showing off three of them on the net.

Moore was very underrated. He was ovrshadowed most of his career by bigger names. It's a shame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #2932 on: July 21, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
Moore was very underrated. He was ovrshadowed most of his career by bigger names. It's a shame.
He was and I discovered he had a jillion guitars. I just randomly chose an old standard. Wow!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2933 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »

Agree, it too pisses me off and I hate to see people that have family "heirlooms" hanging on the wall and not doing them justice by keeping them in shape.  I have a neighbor with a '44 Gibson J-45 (best sounding acoustic guitar in the world IMO, there is a reason it's called the "workhorse") hanging on the wall collecting dust.   :sad:

Check out some of the Cake stuff he is on.  It's solid playing on his part.   I did play on one and walked away, but it was with a tear in my eye as I did so.  T'was better to have loved her for only a short time than to have never loved her at all.   I assure you that I didn't do her justice as Mr. Atkins, Knopfler, McCurdy and several others do, but it was nice.  I don't think I will buy one anytime soon, when Mini-AUT1 gets older and if he decides he wants to play and will stick with it, then I will give it some consideration.  Until then my little Takamine G340SC and Epiphone Dot will have suffice.

Currently listening to

Pretty good solo, btw

Oh, and that bass line is absolutely wicked.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:54:09 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2934 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
Most impressive!

And speaking of bass, have a listen- till the very end now.

Guess I'm haunted by the whole Green story. This doesn't help any.

Howlin' Wolf  Who's Been Talkin'?
Robert Cray   I Wonder
Dan Auerbach  Whispered Words
/ Goin' Home

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:41:14 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2935 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
One bourbon, one scotch and one beer - George Thorogood
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #2936 on: July 22, 2011, 09:44:39 AM »
Friday tradition....

Blue Sky - Allman Brothers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2937 on: July 22, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
"Selling the Drama" - Live
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2938 on: July 22, 2011, 10:07:33 AM »
Friday tradition....

Blue Sky - Allman Brothers

And a damn fine tradition it is.

Brown Eyed Women - Grateful Dead 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2939 on: July 22, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
And a damn fine tradition it is.

Brown Eyed Women - Grateful Dead

And it never gets old. Those riffs in the middle give a man wood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE