"My Sweet Lord" - George Harrison
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2621 on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:12 AM »
Seek & Destroy - Metallica

Great song.

Don't Take Me for Granted - Social D
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2622 on: June 21, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
"November Rain" - GnR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2623 on: June 21, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
Blue Sky - Allman Brothers

Again

While I eat a Ga peach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2624 on: June 21, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
Pretty good tunes jmar.  Anything from the ''Red Dirt" genre is going to get my attention.

AU_Tiger_2000:  Just got my tickets in the mail today.

Listening to this right now

Haven't gotten mine yet.  Probably get them today. 

I'm going with my father-in-law.  When we meet up for some beers we can make fun of him, he's a bammer.  This past weekend I got under his skin by saying how Saban isn't much of an in game coach, but he was better than Bryant.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:41:44 AM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2625 on: June 21, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »
Blue Sky - Allman Brothers

Again

While I eat a Ga peach.

To me the best guitar solo's ever.

Wasting My Time - Default
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #2626 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »
To me the best guitar solo's ever.

Wasting My Time - Default

Them Duanne and Dickey solos are purdee aint they?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2627 on: June 21, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »
Haven't gotten mine yet.  Probably get them today. 

I'm going with my father-in-law.  When we meet up for some beers we can make fun of him, he's a bammer.  This past weekend I got under his skin by saying how Saban isn't much of an in game coach, but he was better than Bryant.

Nice, I look forward to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2628 on: June 21, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
Them Duanne and tooley solos are purdee aint they?

You bet, most solo's they did were.  Speaking of which, was discussing with a neighbor on who was better, Allman or Gaines.  He said Gaines, but is a Skynhead from way back.  He also likes Rhoads better than Wylde, but I grew up with Wylde when listening to Ozzy and he grew up with Rhoads. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2629 on: June 21, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »
You bet, most solo's they did were.  Speaking of which, was discussing with a neighbor on who was better, Allman or Gaines.  He said Gaines, but is a Skynhead from way back.  He also likes Rhoads better than Wylde, but I grew up with Wylde when listening to Ozzy and he grew up with Rhoads.
Ummmm....he'e been listening to The Spoon too much and not taking the song's advice if he thinks that.

I like Gaines. Hell, I like Rossington and Medlocke too. But Duane Allman is in a class that is of very few. Clapton, Page, Knopfler, Hendrix (maybe), SVR are the only ones I would put in that class. Just my honest opinion.

Poor Dickey had the same problem Brent Fullwood had. Being great at what he does - one of the best. But having to sit behind someone even better and then having step from their shadow after they are gone. Quite a quandry to be in. Betts in one of the top 25 all time to me.

Skynard was a great jam band much like E Street or Rolling Stones. Maybe not seperately the best individual talent in the world, but they sounded great together. It just worked.  I say the same for the Silver Bullet Band as well, who I love dearly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:33:05 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2630 on: June 21, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
Ummmm....he'e been listening to The Spoon too much and not taking the song's advice if he thinks that.

I like Gaines. Hell, I like Rossington and Medlocke too. But Duane Allman is in a class that is of very few. Clapton, Page, Knopfler, Hendrix (maybe), SVR are the only ones I would put in that class. Just my honest opinion.

Poor tooley had the same Brent Fullwood had. Being great at what he does - one of the best. But having to sit behind someone even better and then having step in their footsguitarists teps after they are gone. Quite a quandry to be in. Betts in one of the top 25 all time  to me.

Skynard was a great jam band much like E Street or Rolling Stones. Maybe not seperately the best individual talent in the world, but they sounded great together. It just worked.  I say the same for the Silver Bullet Band as well, who I love dearly.

Yeah Dickey has not had it so good, he would be in my top25 as well.   Now he has to share the stage with Derek Trucks, which isn't to say that Turcks is better than him, tough to make that call, but Trucks is younger and Dickey will eventually lose his edge with age.  I hope not, but more than likely so. 

Gaines is talented, as was Collins, and Rossington (who is a big piece of shit and I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire, if what I hear is true, but more on that later) and I thought that he made Skynard better, between their first couple of albums and when Gaines arrived was not really all that great.

You know that Collins was wheelchair bound b/c of a car when they started their reunion tour?  Well according to some, Rossington basically kicked Collins out of the band and made him stop going to concerts because it was bumming everyone out.  Also heard that he did nothing to help Collins when his first wife died and he started using hard.   If true, he can suck it.  They went through too much shit together for him to be a dick like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2631 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:40 AM »
Born Under A Bad Sign - Jimi Hendrix

Speaking of Jimi, and THS and Snaggle may can testify to this. 

Preface- I am not very good, at all.  I could do some simple chord progressions and strum a song or two.  I just never put anytime into it and after I got to that point I would pick a guitar up for maybe twice a year about an hour at a time.  Here recently (last couple of months) I have been pouring myself into my guitar, practicing an hour sometimes two a night, which is helping tremendously.

I practice like hell, watch or listen to something and work on it.  I have watched Allman, Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, King (both of them), Reed, Knopfler....etc...etc...etc...  and I am pretty sure that no matter how much and how many years I practiced I will never be able to pull off some of the stuff they do and they make it look simple.  It's really frustrating. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:55:38 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2632 on: June 21, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »
Born Under A Bad Sign - Jimi Hendrix

Speaking of Jimi, and THS and Snaggle may can testify to this. 

Preface- I am not very good, at all.  I could do some simple chord progressions and strum a song or two.  I just never put anytime into it and after I got to that point I would pick a guitar up for maybe twice a year about an hour at a time.  Here recently (last couple of months) I have been pouring myself into my guitar, practicing an hour sometimes two a night, which is helping tremendously.

I practice like hell, watch or listen to something and work on it.  I have watched Allman, Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, King (both of them), Reed, Knopfler....etc...etc...etc...  and I am pretty sure that no matter how much and how many years I practiced I will never be able to pull off some of the stuff they do and they make it look simple.  It's really frustrating.

There are certain strongsuits and talents that humans are born with. These guys were born with a superior ability to be musicians. I relegated myself to the fact a LONG time ago that I would never be one of these elite musicians. Kind of a bummer because, like you, I love the stuff. It just was not what I was born to do at that level. I like to pick chords and play simple songs like yourself, but thats about as far as it goes with my ablity. It is what it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2633 on: June 21, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
There are certain strongsuits and talents that humans are born with. These guys were born with a superior ability to be musicians. I relegated myself to the fact a LONG time ago that I would never be one of these elite musicians. Kind of a bummer because, like you, I love the stuff. It just was not what I was born to do at that level. I like to pick chords and play simple songs like yourself, but thats about as far as it goes with my ablity. It is what it is.

Yeah, I hear some stuff from time to time and think, I need to go youtube that to see if a lesson is out there, then I watch the lesson and get all pissed for someone for making it look easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2634 on: June 21, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
Consoler of the Lonely - The Raconteurs

Heavy Soul - Black Keys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2635 on: June 21, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »
Twice as Hard - Black Crows

I'm a sucker for anything that remotely sounds like the Stones. Black crows are about as close as one can get in todays music. Although I have heard Chris Robinson is a first class douche from folks I know that have met him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #2636 on: June 21, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »
Twice as Hard - Black Crows

I'm a sucker for anything that remotely sounds like the Stones. Black crows are about as close as one can get in todays music. Although I have heard Chris Robinson is a first class douche from folks I know that have met him.
Exile on Main Street is one of the best sounding albums of all time. The songs aren't of their best  but the garage effect just does it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2637 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:00 AM »
"Walking on the Moon" - The Police
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2638 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »
Exile on Main Street is one of the best sounding albums of all time. The songs aren't of their best  but the garage effect just does it. 

I think we may have a garage/jam band fan here folks..

Highball With The Devil - Les Claypool & The Holy Mackerel
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2639 on: June 22, 2011, 02:05:45 PM »
"Mr Blackwell" - Kiss
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions