Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2580 on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »
Saw him at the Grand Ole Opry the year before he died.  Big ole fro.  He had a smooth voice.

Yeah, I remember the first time I heard him when I was younger.   Had a distinct voice, it was unusual.

Meximelt - Southern Culture on the Skids
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2581 on: June 17, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
"Shine on You Crazy Diamond" - Pink Floyd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2582 on: June 17, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »
Well, I just had to go out and download a bunch of Keith Whitley's stuff......

Miami, My Amy - Keith Whitley
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2583 on: June 17, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
Aahh, Kenny Wayne Shephard.  I had only heard Blue on Black a couple of times when it came out and didn't know who did it.  Went to see Van Halen in Atlanta, outdoor concert with KWS opening for him.  Pretty cool when they played that.

KWS was phenomenol. Played a sunburst strat and NEVER once looked down at his guitar.  He looked about 16 years old and just walked around the stage ripping it to shreds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2584 on: June 17, 2011, 03:16:12 PM »
Aahh, Kenny Wayne Shephard.  I had only heard Blue on Black a couple of times when it came out and didn't know who did it.  Went to see Van Halen in Atlanta, outdoor concert with KWS opening for him.  Pretty cool when they played that.

KWS was phenomenol. Played a sunburst strat and NEVER once looked down at his guitar.  He looked about 16 years old and just walked around the stage ripping it to shreds.

I saw him in Huntsvegas a few years back...kid, b/c that is what he was at the time, is damn good.  His lead singer was impressive as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2585 on: June 17, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »
I saw him in Huntsvegas a few years back...kid, b/c that is what he was at the time, is damn good.  His lead singer was impressive as well.

I didn't know any of his music at the time but it didn't matter.  All of it was that same rocking blues lead, somewhat similar in style to SRV.  Just kicking back and watching someone that gifted own a strat is good enough.  Then Eddie and the boys walked out...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2586 on: June 17, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
I didn't know any of his music at the time but it didn't matter.  All of it was that same rocking blues lead, somewhat similar in style to SRV.  Just kicking back and watching someone that gifted own a strat is good enough.  Then Eddie and the boys walked out...

His stuff is good, or at least I think so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2587 on: June 20, 2011, 07:03:06 AM »
"Moonlight Sonata" - Beethoven
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2588 on: June 20, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »
This Woman and This Man - Clay Walker  <-- Must have missed this guy somehow back in the day, but some of his stuff isn't bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2589 on: June 20, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
"Pretend That We are Dead" - L7
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2590 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2591 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
Saw him at the Grand Ole Opry the year before he died.  Big ole fro.  He had a smooth voice.

Well, he was no stranger to the rain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2592 on: June 20, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »
Well, he was no stranger to the rain.

I just gotta' tell ya....you say it best when you say nothing at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2593 on: June 20, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »
I just gotta' tell ya....you say it best when you say nothing at all.

I like Alison Krauss and all.

But did she butcher that song or what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2594 on: June 20, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
I like Alison Krauss and all.

But did she butcher that song or what?

Out of all the covers I have heard of Whitley songs, I liked that one the best......not saying I liked it a lot.  In my mind, he is one of those guys that is damn near impossible to cover.

Darkest Days - Black Label Society

I haven't had a chance to listen to all of the new album, but I am looking forward to it for sure.  Zakk Wylde is on one of my favorites.  Glad to see that he is sober and in good health.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2595 on: June 20, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
I'm a huge AKUS fan.  Let me clarify, a huge fan of just about all the "straightforward" songs, for lack of a better description.  I'm just not into a lot of pure bluegrass music and they play a bunch of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2596 on: June 20, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
I'm a huge AKUS fan.  Let me clarify, a huge fan of just about all the "straightforward" songs, for lack of a better description.  I'm just not into a lot of pure bluegrass music and they play a bunch of it.
I like her as well. Just hated the cover of that song. Sounds weird hearing a mouse sing Whitley.

O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack = teh roxxors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2597 on: June 20, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »
I <3 Allison Krauss.  I would love to have enough money to hire her to follow me around all day and sing to me. 

Are there any Black Label fans on the X other than me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #2598 on: June 20, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
I <3 Allison Krauss.  I would love to have enough money to hire her to follow me around all day and sing to me. 

Are there any Black Label fans on the X other than me?

Sorry. Just not into BLS. I used to listen to it some when I worked out a lot more just to get amped.

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

One of the few songs by them I really really like. I do admire David Gilmour moreso than Roger Waters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2599 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
Sorry. Just not into BLS. I used to listen to it some when I worked out a lot more just to get amped.

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

One of the few songs by them I really really like. I do admire David Gilmour moreso than Roger Waters.

I guess I am more of a Wylde fan that BLS.  I enjoyed his work with Ozzy, loved Pride and Glory.  I remember the first time I had ever heard of him was when I was a kid (4th grade maybe?), but remember seeing Ozzy on MTV and them talking about Wylde writing songs and playing guitar for Ozzy.  I have followed him since.  As I listened to Rhoads stuff compared to Wylde, I always though Rhoads was better, but as time has gone on, I really think Wylde was the better of the two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions