Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Watcha listening to?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Watcha listening to?
« Reply #2520 on: June 14, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
Gotta Get Drunk - The Little Willies

I didn't realize that was Norah Jones on the vocals.....she is hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #2521 on: June 14, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »
Slow Down - The Beatles

So best concert you've seen in Auburn?

I saw Drivin' N Cryin', Jackopierce, Jupiter Coyote (Multiple times), Dave Matthews (at Webster Lake), Cowboy Mouth (at the Supper Club), David Allen Coe (he played one night before either homecoming or the Iron Bowl - he sucked).

This was during the years that UPC would have nobody but Widespread Panic in the fall, and then a country artist in the spring.

But I think the best was George Clinton.  Played at the Auburn Indoor Arena.  Didn't come on until 1am or 1:30.  I left at 3, and he was still playing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2522 on: June 14, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
So best concert you've seen in Auburn?

I probably shouldn't tell this, but I loved Hootie and the Blowfish, Edwin McCain opened and then later on played at the Supper Club, McCain was damn good I thought and live with just him and his guitar was really good.

EDIT: Two Teardrops - Steve Wariner 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:22:09 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #2523 on: June 14, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »
When I was in school there I saw 311, Widespread Panic, Tim McGraw, Ben Folds Five (at the amphitheater), Charley Daniels (really disappointing as he only played his new stuff), Willie Nelson.  Don't really know what my favorite was of those.

Most fun I ever had at a "concert" was a Wednesday night at Fink's (have no idea what it is now) with Phoenix.  They were an '80's cover band for those who don't remember.  For some reason (probably the penny well drinks) that place was crazy that night.  I just remember the place being wall to wall drunk, crazy Auburn chicks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #2524 on: June 14, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »
Hey, Man, Nice Shot - Filter

And I miss Finks.  I hit that place every Thursday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2525 on: June 14, 2011, 11:11:57 AM »
Being old as dirt, my list of Auburn concerts is a who's who of geriatric patients.

Pat Benatar
The Eagles
Jimmy Buffet
Heart
Joan Jett
Blackfoot
Hall & Oates
Commodores

And then there were some older bands too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2526 on: June 14, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »
Being old as dirt, my list of Auburn concerts is a who's who of geriatric patients.

Pat Benatar
The Eagles
Jimmy Buffet
Heart
Joan Jett
Blackfoot
Hall & Oates
Commodores

You're old   *snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2527 on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
"me and bobby mcgee" -  jerry lee lewis
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2528 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »
"Once Bitten Twice Shy" - Great White
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #2529 on: June 14, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »

Pat Benatar
The Eagles
Jimmy Buffet
Heart
Joan Jett
Blackfoot
Hall & Oates
Commodores

You must've been something before electricity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2530 on: June 14, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »
Highway Patrolman - Bruce Springsteen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2531 on: June 14, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »
You must've been something before electricity.

The cool thing was several of those concerts, all held in BEC, were free.  You'd be sitting there reading Teh Planesman and notice a blurb about how Blackfoot decided to come to town tonight to promote their new album. 

I got nuthin' pressing goin' on.  Think I'll slide over the Coliseum and watch Ricky Medlock belt out some Train Train.  Wait..better get properly lubricated for this.  Damn, only an hour to drink.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2532 on: June 14, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
See You One More Time - Marshall Tucker Band
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2533 on: June 14, 2011, 03:43:01 PM »
Family Friend - The Vaccines
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2534 on: June 15, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »
"Heart Shaped Box" - Nirvanna
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #2535 on: June 15, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
Overkill - Jimmy Buffett
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2536 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
"Ramble On" - Train
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2537 on: June 15, 2011, 08:02:55 AM »
Daughter - Pearl Jam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2538 on: June 15, 2011, 08:13:27 AM »
"Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old) - Garth Brooks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2539 on: June 15, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
Turbo Lover - Judas Priest
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions