Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Hug For Taylor Swift

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
A Hug For Taylor Swift
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »
Anyone heard about this?

I heard about the project a couple of months ago. Basically these two Auburn guys are making a documentary about their quest to get a hug from Taylor Swift. Apparently, mission accomplished.

http://blog.al.com/aharvey/2010/04/taylor_swift_meets_with_two_fa.html

With video: Taylor Swift meets with two fans at Auburn University, gives them hugs they requested
By Alec Harvey -- The Birmingham News
April 27, 2010, 7:10AM

On Monday, singer Taylor Swift met with Auburn students Ryan Leander, center, and Michael Wekall. (Auburn University photo)The bucket list of two Auburn University seniors has been cut in half, thanks to a visit to campus Monday by singer Taylor Swift.

Take a look today at a hugfromtaylorswift.com, the website created by AU seniors Michael Wekall and Ryan Leander. On their agenda is 1. Hug Taylor Swift, and 2. Die Happy!

The first was accomplished when Swift showed up in Auburn Monday, and in front of a crowd of more than 300, hugged Wekall and Leander. It was the culmination of a series of challenges to do good deeds that Swift issued the two before she would meet them.

On Monday, it happened. And afterward, Swift performed a couple of songs for the crowd.

North Carolina native Leander told the Charlotte Observer that he still had lipstick on his cheek.

"I'll try not to wash it, but I have to take a shower sometime," he said.

In an interview last year with The Birmingham News, Swift talked about her fans and how much she appreciated them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:09:37 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: A Hug For Taylor Swift
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:24 AM »
I will say it was cool they accomplished their goal. Too bad I hate their fucking goal...Damn - I hate her ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
Seeing these guys succeed in their journey has my gears turning. 

I'm thinking about starting www.ablowjobfrommilakunis.com

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »
I will say it was cool they accomplished their goal. Too bad I hate their fucking goal...Damn - I hate her ass.

Matters of beef aside, we can agree on this.

I'll be the Chest Rockwell to your Brock Landers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »
http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/taylor_swift_concert_auburn_youtube.html

Update with video! Megastar Taylor Swift plays impromptu concert at Auburn; hugs 2 Tigers
By Press-Register staff
April 27, 2010, 6:54AM

(AP Photo/Matt Sayles)Taylor Swift performs at the Brooks & Dunn "The Last Rodeo" tribute concert on Monday, April 19, 2010, in Las Vegas. Swift reportedly gave an impromptu concert at Auburn University on Monday after a campaign by 2 AU students to get a hug from the young megastar.

AUBURN, Ala. -- Country/crossover music star Taylor Swift played an afternoon impromptu concert Monday at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center after 2 Auburn students led a successful Internet campaign to get hugs from the singer.

(ahugfromtaylorswift.com)Auburn University students Michael Wekall and Ryan Leander pose with Taylor Swift during her surprise appearance at Auburn University in Auburn, Ala., on Monday, April 26, 2010. Michael Wekall and Ryan Leander in January placed a video on YouTube video announcing their quest to "do something big." The plan exploded into a media network of Facebook and Twitter pages and websites, the Opelika-Auburn News reported, following the video dialog between the AU students and Swift.

Monday's concert came together after the pair received the last set of instructions from Swift: to gather as many people as they could for a karaoke sing-along.

A YouTube video capturing the appearance shows a crowded room of AU students all singing along karaoke-style to Swift's hit "You Belong to Me," the lyrics to which are displayed on a large screen at the front of the room.

About 3 minutes and 30 seconds into the song, Swift suddenly appears on the screen. She thanks the students for taking part in what she calls the largest public karaoke performance of her song and tells how she really wishes she were there in person.

She then repeats how she really wishes there was some way she could be there. At this point, she walks off camera and disappears from the video screen, only to reappear in person to massive screams from the audience.

And when she walks past a jubilant, jumping up and down Aubie she not only gives Wekall and Leander hugs, but kisses on the cheek as well.

"I can't believe how far you've taken this and I've had so much fun going back and forth with you guys," Swift told the students.

This YouTube video still shows Taylor Swift performing at Auburn University on Monday, April 26, 2010. after a campaign by two AU students to get a hug from the young megastar.

"Honestly I want to say that I'm so happy and so thankful that I have you in my life," she added.

Then she said to the crowd: "I'm so happy to see you guys. I'm so happy to be in Auburn today." At that point, the students and others lucky enough to be there exploded in applause.

In Auburn style, the people in attendance and Swift joined in a rousing: "War Eagle!"

Swift told Wekall and Leander, who have appeared on the radio and in a host of YouTube videos campaigning to see the star, that she'd like to offer them front-row tickets to one of her shows.

She also entertained the crowd with an acoustic performance, singing her hit, "Love Story."

After Wekall and Leander thanked Swift via Twitter, she Tweeted back: "You are welcome. And thank you for the best day ever. Period."

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:05:17 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:06:39 AM »

Is it wrong that I thought the exact same thing?

Or at least wondered, surely if these are heterosexuals, that was their initial goal, and then was like "She probably won't go for that".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:18:59 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22:42 AM »
That is pretty awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
That is pretty awesome.

Dude - no it isnt. WTF is wrong with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
Dude - no it isnt. WTF is wrong with you.
Did you see all the shit they did.  You know that had to be fun.  Who cares if her music sucks, she is hot.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:40:12 AM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »
Did you see all the poop they did.  You know that had to be fun.  Who cares if her music sucks, she is hot.

She's shaped like a 2x4.  BTW - Im just giving you grief for saying something related to Taylor Swift was awesome.  Wait.....Taylor.....and Taylor. I see it all now.    :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Birmingham

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
My jr high niece <3's her soooo much.  She wants to be BFF's with her.  Alright BB4N, C-ya L8er.

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/04/taylor_swift_concert_auburn_youtube.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:57:00 AM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 11:57:58 AM »
She's shaped like a 2x4.  BTW - Im just giving you grief for saying something related to Taylor Swift was awesome.  Wait.....Taylor.....and Taylor. I see it all now.    :)
I'm starting a website, www.taylorgivestaylorhead.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »
Ok - that was actually funny Bham. Good job.

TTYL BFF. CYA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »
Christ, there were easily 300 14 year old girls there.  Saniflush would be in Heaven.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »
I want to see the tape of them double-teaming her after that concert.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
I dont care if you like her music or not thats kick ass that she came to Auburn to give these two guys a hug. She even threw in a War Eagle. My opinion of her has change a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jadennis

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »
All of that really is pretty awesome.  I just spent the last 20 minutes watching all the stuff they did and the videos.  Not so much "cool", but very awesome, and I love that it was done at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 01:02:44 PM »
All of that really is pretty awesome.  I just spent the last 20 minutes watching all the stuff they did and the videos.  Not so much "cool", but very awesome, and I love that it was done at Auburn.
Exactly.  There are people from all over the country and the world getting a glimpse of the awesomeness that is Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »
Exactly.  There are people from all over the country and the world getting a glimpse of the awesomeness that is Auburn.

...and all of this directly after the Pharm school youtube video went viral.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.