Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Misguided? Really??? Seriously???????

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Misguided? Really??? Seriously???????
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
They are illegal invaders and should be shot as soon as they step foot on US soil. Yes. All of them. It won't take long for them to understand that the invasion is over. If they are here illegally and commit a crime, immediate exportation. Since they will be shot when trying to come back, that will take care of the multiple re-entry issue. Mexico is not as forgiving as we are when illegals enter their country. Their jails and prisons are not nearly as nice as ours and their people could give a poop less as to how many and which Americans are in their government hotels.

As harsh as it seems, we need to be vigilant and a heartless about this to an extent. We are being invaded and all the libs can see are helpless victims, and more votes.

I am all about helping those in need. But we need to help our own before we can take in refugees that never leave from the south.

I am all for you sympathizers doing what was suggested before, take in these illegal and pay for them yourselves. Be their sponsors. If they commit a crime, be responsible for it. Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is and leave the rest of us alone.

And if states like Arizona want to completely close their borders with force against illegal invaders, then they have that right. And that responsibility to their residents.

As for deportation and where they came from, 99% came here through Mexico. We just send them back to their last stop. After that, Mexico can deal with them since they did not stop them from coming into their country to begin with. This border crossing thing is beginning to look like the lottery. As soon as they get here, they win.

The world IS black and white someti

This is one of those times.

But teh Demos and Obamanation will lose a ton of future constituents. The issue is really as simple as that. You think liberals and liberal GOPs want to let the floodgates open just to "be nice"? Hell no - this issue has been exploited to be about potential voters.  Most of those illegal fuckers want to come here and dip into our lunch bag and leave us the fucking crumbs. I'm with CCTAU - Illegal , shoot em on site. They will get the idea soon enough - after having to come and clean up dead bodies at the border enough times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
The issue is really as simple as that.

No, it's not.

And...

The world IS black and white sometimes. This is one of those times.

No, it's not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 11:02:59 AM »
Yes, Ron, I realize that there exist legal means for entering the country.  The demand is far outstripping the supply, however, and I think it's time to re-examine the immigration quota vis a vis Mexico/Central America to see if a higher threshold might be a workable solution.

Given the option, the vast majority of these immigrants would prefer to be here legally.  If they are, then they can be properly taxed and they can pay their fair share for the infrastructure and services they utilize.

You do realize that there are serious problems in California, Arizona, New Mexico and even Texas with illegal aliens burdening our schools, healthcare system and other facilities?  By the way, even many of the illegals who use fictitious SS#s for jobs still get taxed.  They're probably already paying more than their "fair share" since they won't be filing tax returns as illegal aliens.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
Hahahaha, Yeah sure.  I'm sure that's right on top of their list...right above stopping the drug war. 
Oh...  What does Oprah say on the subject? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

wesfau2

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2010, 11:20:02 AM »
You do realize that there are serious problems in California, Arizona, New Mexico and even Texas with illegal aliens burdening our schools, healthcare system and other facilities?  

Yes, I do realize that.  Thus my suggestion that we do what we can to document/legitimize those without history of violent crime and begin to make them less of an illegal burden and more of a legal contributing force.

By the way, even many of the illegals who use fictitious SS#s for jobs still get taxed.  They're probably already paying more than their "fair share" since they won't be filing tax returns as illegal aliens.  

I understand this, and I do not have the numbers, but I would think (opinion without referential basis alert!!!) that the vast majority do not have false SS#s.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:58:46 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2010, 11:37:24 AM »
No, it's not.

And...

No, it's not.

I was being very facetious there on that statement - emphasis being on "simple as that". But dont think that doesnt play into it some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »
Oh...  What does Oprah say on the subject? 
She says that you should read a book on her bestsellers list, "10 easy steps to stop watching Foxnews."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »
She says that you should read a book on her bestsellers list, "10 easy steps to stop watching Foxnews."

So will there be books on CNN and CBS(from the last 50 years) as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »
Yes, I do realize that.  Thus my suggestion that we do what we can to document/legitimize those without history of violent crime and begin to make them less of an illegal burden and more of a legal contributing force.

I've only had indirect experience with this, but the process is already so easy that I can't see any reason to make the process any easier.  As far as I'm concerned, the only reason that so many are here illegally is because there's no real penalty, fine or punishment associated with the violation. 

I understand this, and I do not have the numbers, but I would think (opinion without referential basis alert!!!) that the vast majority do not have false SS#s. 

In Georgia, an awful lot of them do, and because of the way the laws are written, you can't do anything to challenge or prevent employment when you suspect a fraudulent SS#. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
I've only had indirect experience with this, but the process is already so easy that I can't see any reason to make the process any easier.  As far as I'm concerned, the only reason that so many are here illegally is because there's no real penalty, fine or punishment associated with the violation. 

I'm not suggesting that the process be made simpler.  I'm suggesting that we increase the number of immigrants allowed in per year.  The current quota is much too low, obviously.

In Georgia, an awful lot of them do, and because of the way the laws are written, you can't do anything to challenge or prevent employment when you suspect a fraudulent SS#. 

I'll cop to my ignorance on this aspect of the issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2010, 12:25:32 PM »

I guess she forgot to tell you that Mexico is the sixth largest oil producer in the world. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
I guess she forgot to tell you that Mexico is the sixth largest oil producer in the world. 
Or about the current drug war that has claimed the lives of thousands, she forgot to tell me about that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »

I watch Fox news (the only news I watch), listen to Rush, Glenn Beck, and Jason Lewis and I still think the law is horribly written.  It encourages racial profiling through asking for papers from people that might be illegal because they're hispanic. This is going to put a burden on local governments who are going to have to fight lawsuits for civil rights violations.  The law also allows private citizens to bring lawsuits against local governments, when they don't think that the local government is enforcing the law.  So that means that there's potential for one municipality to probably have to fight lawsuits coming from both sides multiple times.  Sounds like a great law  :blink:.

Btw latinos are the safest and most efficient construction workers that I have ever been around when I was doing construction.  My dad said, when he was a QC/Project Manager, he would rather have an entire workforce of latinos because he never had to say anything to their foremam about the quality of work, safety, or length of time it took to complete.  He constantly had to bitch out all white workforces, who most of the time were on drugs, for shitty work, being unsafe, and taking entirely too long.  Oh and by the way all these jobs were for the federal government so all those latinos were legal.  Most of the latinos rode to work in the same truck, lived 10 deep in a one room apartment and didn't speak any english.  Is that reasonable suspicion to stop them and ask people; who are paying taxes, actually taking pride in their work, and just trying to live the "american dream"; for papers just because they're hispanic and do things that society thinks illegal immigrants do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »
Or about the current drug war that has claimed the lives of thousands, she forgot to tell me about that too.
You lost me...  What does that even have to do with this?  And, where did you get thousands from?  Was that something that you picked up from a story in your latest Advocate issue? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2010, 01:00:48 PM »
You lost me...  What does that even have to do with this?  And, where did you get thousands from?  Was that something that you picked up from a story in your latest Advocate issue? 
Nope, it's a fact if you actually read news related to Mexico.  The drug war was brought up to show how little they care  this time about illegal immigrants to America when they have to deal with that mess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »
 Most of the latinos rode to work in the same truck, lived 10 deep in a one room apartment and didn't speak any english.  Is that reasonable suspicion to stop them and ask people; who are paying taxes, actually taking pride in their work, and just trying to live the "american dream"; for papers just because they're hispanic and do things that society thinks illegal immigrants do?

Hell yes it is. IF all of them were legal, then they were still here attempting to turn our country into a third world country. Just by the way they live and by the way they refuse to learn the language, they are NOT living the American dream. You and those like you are very confused if you think these people are wanting to live the American dream. They want to live the Mexican dream by coming to America and getting all they can while they can. I too have friends (from Mexico) who are here legally and work Mexicans on the job. They cannot stand the way the illegals are coming into the country and working for cheap, but because they have some sort of  documentation, they cannot discriminate, nor do they have the resources to investigate the validity of those numbers. Do they do the work? Sure. Do they do it better than Americans? Hard to tell, no American works that cheap. Americans MUST have legitimate numbers to work here. If not, they don' t just get deported and come back with a new name.

Selling out your own people for those that do not uphold the spirit and letter of your own country's laws, makes me sick to my stomach.

Until we find a way to shut down the border and successfully identify all of the illegals in this country, we will continue on the road to being a country where those that have nothing vote to take from those who legally work for theirs. Illegals should not be allowed to any benefits the American citizens already pay for. We have enough of our own poor we do not need Mexico's. We have worked as a country to beat poverty and living like third world rats, too hard to let it go backwards now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Nope, it's a fact if you actually read news related to Mexico.  The drug war was brought up to show how little they care  this time about illegal immigrants to America when they have to deal with that mess.
I'm sure your liberal brothers have also told you that all of those involved in the Mexican drug war are killing each other with American guns too?

Why would Mexico EVER deal with illegal immigration? This is a $25 billion dollar a year industry for Mexico.

Mexico in bind as immigrants send less cash home
'Remittances' fall more than 18% in a year as recession stalls construction, manufacturing
Monday,  June 15, 2009 2:54 AM
By Alicia A. Caldwell
ASSOCIATED PRESS
<p>Mexicans in the state of Michoacan wait to cash in dollars sent from relatives in the U.S. -- the second-largest legal source of foreign income.</p>
JOE CAVARETTA ASSOCIATED PRESS

Mexicans in the state of Michoacan wait to cash in dollars sent from relatives in the U.S. -- the second-largest legal source of foreign income.
EL PASO, Texas -- With the economy struggling through the longest recession since the Great Depression, the steady flow of dollars that immigrants send back to Mexico also has taken a serious hit.

Mexico's central bank, which tracks money sent by Mexicans living abroad, announced last month that the "remittances" had dropped more than 18 percent in the past year, from $2.2 billion in April 2008 to $1.8 billion this April. It was the biggest such decline on record.

Mexico isn't alone in the loss of remittance revenue, but the U.S. neighbor's economy relies heavily on the billions of dollars sent home annually.

But what about that connection between remittances and the U.S. economy? Does the decline in money sent to Mexico offer any clues about where things stand north of the border?

A few questions and answers about the correlation:

Q: Aren't millions of legal and illegal immigrants from Mexico still living and working in the U.S.?

A: Yes, many millions of Mexican immigrants live in the U.S. But immigrants have been disproportionately affected by the deepening recession because they often work in industries that are among the hardest-hit.

"It really shows you where the weakness in the economy is," said David Besanko, a professor at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management in Evanston, Ill. "Immigrant workers are disproportionately employed in construction and manufacturing."

And data about illegal immigration from the U.S. Border Patrol suggest that fewer people are making the trek north to find work.

Q: Have Mexican immigrants working in the U.S. started to save more of their money or spend it locally rather than sending as much to relatives in Mexico?

A: Like nearly all Americans, immigrant workers who have been able to hold on to their jobs are likely making less money today.

Surveys by groups including the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research group in Washington, show that the same number of Latinos living in the U.S. continue to send money to Mexico and other Latin American countries, but the amount of money has dropped in direct correlation with their drop in income.

Q: If immigrants are sending less money home, does that mean the U.S. economy might be in more trouble than initially thought?

A: No. Though immigrant workers have historically sent as much as $25 billion from the U.S. to Mexico annually, that money is just a small fraction of the U.S. gross domestic product of nearly $14 trillion. (Gross domestic product, which measures the value of all goods and services produced in the United States, is the best gauge of the nation's economic health.)

And because that nearly $25 billion was not a direct part of the U.S. economy -- it's sent out of the country, rather than spent on anything sold domestically -- its absence should hardly be missed.

"The importance on the U.S. economy is going to be relatively slight," Besanko said.

Q: Can the drop in remittances to Mexico do damage to that country's economy?

A: Mexico's economy is about one-fourteenth the size of the U.S. economy, so the absence of remittances is likely to deeply affect the Mexican economy. Remittances are Mexico's second-largest legal source of foreign income, behind revenue from the sale of oil.

The greatest impact is likely to be felt in rural communities, from which residents have historically migrated to the U.S. Urban areas have more stable, established local economies that can survive without the flow of foreign money, Besanko said.

Q: Is Mexico the only country in which remittances are down?

A: No. With the recession hitting nearly every corner of the globe, remittances to nearly every country are down. China and India lead the world in remittances annually, with Mexico a close third.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2009/06/15/mexican_meltdown.ART_ART_06-15-09_A9_9OE5POC.html?sid=101
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GarMan

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
Well, the government is so damn corrupt in the first place...  How many times have their leaders been associated with organized crime in the past 50 years.  I mean seriously; I've lost count. 

By the way, I'm shedding a tear...  NOT!

Calderon: Most Mexico drug war dead are criminals
By IVAN MORENO

The Associated Press

MEXICO CITY — President Felipe Calderon insisted Friday that few innocent civilians have fallen victim to Mexico's bloody drug war, saying nearly all those killed are people tied to cartels wrestling for power.

Speaking during a tourism conference, Calderon said criminals constitute more than 90 percent of drug war's death toll, which stands at nearly 23,000 in just over three years.

Calderon said police officers and soldiers make up less than 5 percent of deaths and bystanders or other innocents even less.

"But even so, my friends, I recognize that it's a real problem," Calderon said of the drug violence.

"We are fighting it with firmness and we are making progress with our goal," he added.

Calderon's comments came two days after a gunbattle in broad daylight killed six people and wounded five on the main boulevard of Acapulco's tourist zone. Among the dead were a mother and her 8-year-old child. A federal police officer and another bystander also were killed. Federal police have arrested 26-year-old Ernesto Antonio Rocha Reyes, an alleged hit man authorities say carried out the attack with a high-powered assault rifle.
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/calderon-most-mexico-drug-468510.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »
Hell yes it is. IF all of them were legal, then they were still here attempting to turn our country into a third world country.

Ah jeez.

Those damned dirty brown people, even the ones here legally,  are trying to make the US over as a 3rd world country by living on the cheap.

What is your position on the 3rd world conditions of many trailer parks around Alabama, inhabited mostly by white folk?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:00:57 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »
What is your position on the 3rd world conditions of many trailer parks around Alabama, inhabited mostly by white folk?

They live that way because they are addicted to the meth brought in by the illegal hispanics.

Eradicate the illegals and help save Alabama!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:11:52 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions