Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dims stick with the same, failed big government policies

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Dims stick with the same, failed big government policies
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »
Dear Friend:

Not much has changed in Washington as Democrats cling to the flawed idea that perpetual bailouts and big government spending is the key to fixing our economy.

In the past week, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - the two financial giants that landed the lionshare of taxpayer bailout dollars - have received another $19 billion in bailout money. While Democrats continue to support Fannie and Freddie with an endless supply of cash, they have not bothered to offer any solutions to fix these two giants in their financial regulatory reform bill. The total tab for these two companies has now reached $145 billion. When will enough be enough for the Democrats to finally get to work on fixing the real causes of our economic crisis?

This insistence to prop up two failing institutions is not only wasting more money we don't have, it ultimately drains money from the private sector. And it's the American workforce that's paying the price as unemployment is on the rise again, hitting 9.9% in the month of April. President Obama promised his stimulus package would keep the jobless rate under 8%, but 15 months after its passage, Americans are still asking, "Where are the jobs?"

In their attempt to push along various so-called "jobs bills", Democrats are failing to realize that the key to our economic recovery lies not in Washington, but in the free market. The government should focus its efforts on creating an environment that encourages job creation. But with massive spending, high taxes and expanding regulations, employers have zero incentive to hire new workers.

We cannot continue down this path, or we risk losing our status as the world's economic superpower. We must put an end to the bailouts and the spending and return to our free market principles. Private enterprise and innovation, not Washington-first policies, are the cure for our ailing economy.

Yours truly,

Congressman Tom Price, M.D.

http://vbizforward.micrositemedia.net/ext_Template.php?a=32361&l=16&s=1566988&t=227
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Dims stick with the same, failed big government policies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
For Democrats, the only real problem that exists is not enough Americans are dependent on the government for every aspect of their lives.  They see every issue as another symptom associated with too little government influence.  For them, government is the answer to everything, even though they frequently make these matters worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Token

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »
For Democrats, the only real problem that exists is not enough Americans are dependent on the government for every aspect of their lives.  They see every issue as another symptom associated with too little government influence.  For them, government is the answer to everything, even though they frequently make these matters worse. 

As long as I get my mail on Saturdays and my flu shots in October, I got no complaints. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:45:38 PM »
As long as I get my mail on Saturdays and my flu shots in October, I got no complaints. 

Even if they take more from you to provide more for others? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Token

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:53:04 PM »
Even if they take more from you to provide more for others? 

I was joshing.  You know, because if the government can't deliver mail, what the fuck makes them think they can administer healthcare?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
I was joshing.  You know, because if the government can't deliver mail, what the phuk makes them think they can administer healthcare? 

Yep...  Comparing apples to apples, Medicare is a complete disaster.  If they can't get that right for a very small demographic, what makes them think they can do it right for everyone?  It scares the hell out of me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »
Yep...  Comparing apples to apples, Medicare is a complete disaster.  If they can't get that right for a very small demographic, what makes them think they can do it right for everyone?  It scares the hell out of me.

You know why. Think bigger picture GarMan. You know this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »
You know why. Think bigger picture GarMan. You know this. 

NAZIs!  I hate 'em!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
Wise beyond his years...  Pure genius!

http://www.youtube.com/v/7fqCS7Y_kME&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4AskIlhoiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

You do know O'Connor was an extreme left wing kook who played the role of Bunker to simply make fun and stereotype conservatives as bigots, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 11:27:02 AM »
You do know O'Connor was an extreme left wing kook who played the role of Bunker to simply make fun and stereotype conservatives as bigots, right?
Shhh, don't stop him, he's on a roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »

Archie Bunker was a badass though and the reason I refuse to travel to California. Apparently, California is full of fruits and nuts, and every nut is a little but fruity and every fruit is a little bit nutty.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:49:48 AM by wreckingball »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »

Of course...  But, this stuff is hilarious!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
Shhh, don't stop him, he's on a roll. 

Meathead... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 01:55:16 PM »
Of course...  But, this stuff is hilarious!

Oh, I agree. It actually seemed funnier before I knew about O'Connor's motives. But you are right - Bunker was hilarious nonetheless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE