Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Draft Tonight...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Draft Tonight...
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2010, 10:53:47 AM »

Wes - I put a condiment/sauce on any meat, I dont care how tender or tasty it is - just my personal taste. So McGuire's can go fuck themselves.  Their prices weren't bad. They were just real stuck up about it when you dont eat it like they want you to eat it.   (thats what she said...)

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, but if the meat is tasty on its own...and you're throwing down some coin....why would you want it to taste the same as a Waffle House steak?  That is, it'll all end up tasting like A1, so why ever spring for a good cut of meat?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2010, 11:33:35 AM »
want it to taste the same as a Waffle House steak? 

Ok, I admit - I LOL'ed on that one.  :bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, but if the meat is tasty on its own...and you're throwing down some coin....why would you want it to taste the same as a Waffle House steak?  That is, it'll all end up tasting like A1, so why ever spring for a good cut of meat?

Though I like A-1, I understand what you're saying.  Not ashamed to admit that I'll use A-1 from time to time, but on a good steak, I'll eat most of it just the way God intended.  Rare plus, no sauce. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
I'll eat most of it just the way God intended.   

Since a cow is split hoofed and "chews the cud" you are technically correct sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
I literally can't order a steak when I go out.  It all pales in comparison to the filets I get at a local butcher with their "Dust".  I just can't bear to pay the kinds of prices they charge only to go, "Yeah, but it's not like a Cellar filet. 

BTDub..the grilled oysters at Acme in Destin on a cracker with smoke flavored Tobasco washed down with Makers Mark....DA TITZ!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »
Agree, nobody (not for a decent price), can do steak like I can do when I go to my local butcher.  I like the rub they use too, but it's very similar to this: http://www.southernflavor.com/ which is made in Selma, AL. 

I'm in need of a new grill and lately have done mine in a hot oven.  Simplicity rules with good meat...

Take a good Ribeye (my fave, use the cut you like...NY Strip is my #2), let come to room temp.  Pre-heat oven to 450, and preheat iron skillet in oven as well.  Rub down steak with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sprinkle Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on steak.  When the oven and skillet are heated, turn on stove eye to Med-High.  Put skillet on eye, steak in skillet.  1 min. per side on eye.  Move to oven finish with 1.5 min per side in oven.  Allow to rest 10 minutes.  Enjoy.  On a 1" thick cut, this will yeild just under Med Rare with a very nice sear on the outside of the steak. For rare you can go just stove top, or just oven.  Adjust as needed for thicker steaks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
Agree, nobody (not for a decent price), can do steak like I can do when I go to my local butcher.  I like the rub they use too, but it's very similar to this: http://www.southernflavor.com/ which is made in Selma, AL. 

I'm in need of a new grill and lately have done mine in a hot oven.  Simplicity rules with good meat...

Take a good Ribeye (my fave, use the cut you like...NY Strip is my #2), let come to room temp.  Pre-heat oven to 450, and preheat iron skillet in oven as well.  Rub down steak with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sprinkle Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on steak.  When the oven and skillet are heated, turn on stove eye to Med-High.  Put skillet on eye, steak in skillet.  1 min. per side on eye.  Move to oven finish with 1.5 min per side in oven.  Allow to rest 10 minutes.  Enjoy.  On a 1" thick cut, this will yeild just under Med Rare with a very nice sear on the outside of the steak. For rare you can go just stove top, or just oven.  Adjust as needed for thicker steaks. 

This man knows.

If you venture beyond S&P (with a minor forgiveness for olive oil and/or garlic....never, ever, ever garlic salt), then you might as well be eating Steak-umms.

Fuck Dales, Montreal Seasoning and any other fucking thing that tries to convince you that the meat needs help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
This man knows.

If you venture beyond S&P (with a minor forgiveness for olive oil and/or garlic....never, ever, ever garlic salt), then you might as well be eating Steak-umms.

Fuck Dales, Montreal Seasoning and any other fucking thing that tries to convince you that the meat needs help.

Using that method, garlic will burn and get bitter...garlic powder might be ok, but I don't need it or use it.  Absolutely no garlic salt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »
A recipe I have tweaked over the years that I do both inside in the skillet and on the grill, involves a separate sauce that I sometimes put inside the filet or just pour it over the top at the end.  In the skillet, mix red wine, garlic, portobella shrooms and finish with blue cheese.  I'm a fan of teh blue cheeses on occasion...not always.  This is one of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."