Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Da Braves

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: Da Braves
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »
Was at the game last night when we won in the bottom of the 11th.  Another strong showing tonight for two in a row!

Naturally, I will be at Turner Field for the pre-game ceremonies for Bobby Cox appreciation night this Saturday before the 4:00 PM first pitch.  Should be a hell of a show and an emotional weekend for the best manager in the bigs.

This team drives me nuts.  They picked a poor time to cool off, but things are heating up again vs. the Marlins.  They still have missed too many opportunities to put runners across the plate when men are on 2nd and 3rd.  They are not yet back to Championship Caliber, and must get there soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2010, 09:57:34 PM »
Oh, and Fuck you, War Eagle!!!!

Take that hot ass bitch somewhere else...preferably, on my lap...we can talk about the first thing that pops up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »
Braves get another win tonight. Now it's time to watch the cubs beat the padres on WGN. I haven't been getting much sleep lately but there is nothing like late september baseball when you're in the hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2010, 12:52:27 AM »
Braves get another win tonight. Now it's time to watch the cubs beat the padres on WGN. I haven't been getting much sleep lately but there is nothing like late september baseball when you're in the hunt.

Bottom of the 9th, and the Schlubs are ahead again.  If they win tonight, it's called a streak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2010, 01:16:27 AM »
Bottom of the 9th, and the Schlubs are ahead again.  If they win tonight, it's called a streak.
Winner!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2010, 09:29:21 AM »
Fuck the Cubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
Magic Bravos number is 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »
Prado out for the season.......

We.

Are.

Fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
WE, Buzz and myself  have been telling "you people" all along there is nothing to worry about.  The Braves have this shit wrapped up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2010, 11:00:13 AM »
WE, Buzz and myself  have been telling "you people" all along there is nothing to worry about.  The Braves have this shit wrapped up!
Done deal baby!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »
Done deal baby!!!

May a crazed band of camel jockeys give your sister a hysterectomy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
Okay, I know this will get no play at this late Friday hour, but I want to know why....if you HAVE to beat the Phillies....the team that just swept your punk asses out of their ball park.... at least one game to make the playoffs.....the Braves are throwing someone named Beachey...who is 0-1????

Who the fuck is Beachey and what happened to Hudson, Lowe, Jurrgens, Clemens, Johnson, Petit, Seaver, Maddox and Kofax.

Beachey?  When you're playing the best team in the NL to make it into the playoffs?  Beachey?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Okay, I know this will get no play at this late Friday hour, but I want to know why....if you HAVE to beat the Phillies....the team that just swept your punk asses out of their ball park.... at least one game to make the playoffs.....the Braves are throwing someone named Beachey...who is 0-1????

Who the fuck is Beachey and what happened to Hudson, Lowe, Jurrgens, Clemens, Johnson, Petit, Seaver, Maddox and Kofax.

Beachey?  When you're playing the best team in the NL to make it into the playoffs?  Beachey?

Beachey actually pitched a good game last time out...plus, Huddy and Lowe have already pitched 6 times each this week alone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
LET'S...GO....GI...ANTS

LET'S....GO...GI....ANTS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

Aubie16

« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
Playoff bound!!! Thank you giants!!

Now...screw the giants!! go braves!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2010, 09:38:10 AM »
Hell Yeah!   :bounce:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
Playoff bound!!! Thank you giants!!

Now...screw the giants!! go braves!!

Did you hear what the Giants closer said after they beat the Padres yesterday?

He said he was rooting for Atlanta to win their game so that they could be the ones to eliminate SD from the playoffs. Priceless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
I knew they had it all along. 

The reality is this team looks like they're on life support.  They went from mid-season and having what looked like one of the most potent line ups in the majors (With the way they were playing at the time) to a team desperate to scratch out a run any way possible.  They were losing series to the likes of Washington and Pittsburgh and the Phillies just pwned the Braves. 

When O. Infante played that grounder like a 3rd grader yesterday, I just knew it was over.  Then Wagner gets rocked by two guys.  I hope the euphoria of making the playoffs gives this team a positive tude' heading out to the land of teh gays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
I knew they had it all along. 

The reality is this team looks like they're on life support.  They went from mid-season and having what looked like one of the most potent line ups in the majors (With the way they were playing at the time) to a team desperate to scratch out a run any way possible.  They were losing series to the likes of Washington and Pittsburgh and the Phillies just pwned the Braves. 

When O. Infante played that grounder like a 3rd grader yesterday, I just knew it was over.  Then Wagner gets rocked by two guys.  I hope the euphoria of making the playoffs gives this team a positive tude' heading out to the land of teh gays.
With Prado out, the Braves are done. It was just nice to get back to the playoffs for Bobby his last year. I am satisfied to be honest. I didn't expect the World Series this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
With Prado out, the Braves are done. It was just nice to get back to the playoffs for Bobby his last year. I am satisfied to be honest. I didn't expect the World Series this year.

Agreed.  Making the playoffs was all I was hoping for the longer the second half of the season wore on.  I'm in no way speculating anything about Alex Gonzales, but when they signed him, I was stoked.  Big stick from SS and all around quality player.  The down turn started right there and lasted the rest of the season.  Not blaming him, it was just that an acquisition I thought would put them over the top turned out to be the the beginning of piss poor baseball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions